Pink: is it too young?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire83

Reaction score
I feel like I'm asking this a bit late, but I need some opinons please.

When thinking about my website and getting a design produced by Carl, I hadn't really given any thought about colours but now suddenly it's there every day.

Is the pink/black/white look going to attract customers or is it just going to make me look quite young and childish and like I'm not taking this seriously. The reason I chose these colours is mainly due to the towels I use! :o

Before I get my business cards/leaflets done should I change the colours and/or logo?

As long as the pink is subtle and not over the top I think it is ok. I personally stayed away from pink as I thought it was a bit cliched but it depends how you do it. I know what you mean about it being young and girlie but it depends on the design around the colour. I guess the main aim for all advertising is to be eye catching so if it is then stick with it x

Pink isn't a color of it's own it's a shade of red :)

if your feeling odd about it you could gradualy change it to red ;)
or you could find others to go with it :)
gray works very well with the pink in your logo so dose silver , White pearly shades and other light reds ect ,

alot of older ladys love yellow pinks and corals to.

I'll stick my oar in seeing as I got mentioned :)

This might be a controversial point- but on pink being too "young". Is that a bad thing? Don't most beauty treatments offer the chance for people to look young or vibrant?

That said however, and more generally people might find this interesting, I've figured out that over the last 2 and half years I've done well over 2,000 logo drafts- and I'd estimate that over 80% of people have asked for "hot pink, black and white" (and I do what im told!). So if people want to stand out from the crowd- they might want to avoid those colours.

On a practical level once a design has been done- it'd take two minutes to change the colours. The thing that takes time is the actual form of the design itself.

A few colour options is "easy". Once a design has been finalised- experiment a bit. I ask people to go here Color Combinations | Color Schemes | Color Palettes or here Dulux Tailor Made Colours

Then you either pick and choose a colour to stick with, OR have two or three colour options you can use (a good designer wouldnt charge you extra for a couple of colour options)- this is useful if you want to use the logo for different things. It's not the colour that'll make your "brand" in many cases...it'll be the disctintive shape and style of the logo.

Oh and dont base your logo on your towels! :) Do it the other way round! :lol:

Last edited:
It is personal taste but I think pink is a young colour. Fuschia I would associate with being more 'grown up'. It depnds on how the colours are matched. I would not base my theme on a few towels as your web, logo etc identify your business so if you are not happy then change it.:hug:

I agree with essentia, its much easier to change your towels than your logo. I asked Carl to avoid the usual colours and the flowers and butterflies etc that I saw on a lot of the logos he does for us Salon Geekers. Not because I didn't like them, I just wanted my logo to be more unisex as quite a few of my clients are men. It depends who you want to attract and what message you want to send. :green:

I had a wee peek at your website when you replied to me earlier & I thought it was gorgeous & very elegant! I don't think it's "childish" - if that's what you mean?

I don't know if that helps any?

Thanks guys.

I think I'll stick with the colours that I have for now. It's only slightly pink which brings a feminine edge to it.

I should just stop looking at others peoples websites and thinking they are better and I need to change mine. I'm like this all the time, definitely with nails. No confidence in anything I do or that is linked to me lol

I'm not a pink girl. I spoke to my designer said just do what you think and he came up with pink. But it's really stand's out,,, client's always comment how nice it is,,,, soooooooo pink it was. And it's not as bad as I first thought,,,,, The background is different tone's of pink with dark pink flower's sooooooo very pink lol. It's carming if that make's sense.

I love pink, clothes shoes , my sedding dress was pink and my car is sparkly pink.........

busines wise we are pink and its done us no harm at all........its a great colour because it goes with so many things.

our second salon is red and gold........I fancy a change but pink will always be my first choice.

hi, my salon is called magenta, so my colours are white, black and magenta pink. i think it looks modern, welcoming, clean and smart, all my clients comment on how nice the salon looks (even the men)! stick with it, its worked for me!:green:

I love pink, clothes shoes , my sedding dress was pink and my car is sparkly pink.........

busines wise we are pink and its done us no harm at all........its a great colour because it goes with so many things.

our second salon is red and gold........I fancy a change but pink will always be my first choice.

Sparkly car??? .... Let me at it!!! :)

Latest posts

Back