"Platinium" bleach, anyone have any experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebe_cat

Reaction score
I am quite dark naturally and have been having blue/black with red highlight in my hair for some time. (You can see a pic of my hair in my profile, although I didn't have any blue/black in then)

I have wanted a white blond slice in my hair for ages! Well since I've been renting my room in a hairdressers there has been a lot of experimentation to say the least! The girls warned me that it could go orange/pink because of all the red I've had in my hair, but I went ahead.....

It actually turned out better than I expected, my roots went really light and the rest was only slightly orangey. As my hair is quite short though, I get it cut and coloured quite regular so thought, I'd get my bright white slice in time, lol.

Last week the owner came in with [SIZE=-1]L'Oreal Platinium, raving about how it would lighten the darkest hair. I asked if she thought it would get rid of my orangey bits, and she said, it should do, and to give it a try, free of charge. So we did, and it has lifted it quite a few shades lighter. My roots are white!!!!:green:!!!! But there are still tinges of orange through my lengths. The girls had not used it before, so didn't want to leave it on for ever, it was on for about 15 mins. My questions is..... If we re-did it, and left it on longer, will it eventually lift it all to white, or am I fighting a losing battle n end up with straw hair?
[/SIZE]

Hi there
why not get the hairdresser to do some test pieces first ?
this will let you see any damage that may happen to the hair
and also determine the colour you may achieve,

If your roots are white enough already then your hairdresser will only need to place the platinum
lightener on the orangey bits, (then tone) if required.

Your hairdresser may tone the most orangey bits first ,then roots last with perhaps a silvery shade?
Your hairdresser may need to tone with something a little stronger or with a different shade of toner if the orangey bits don't lift up enough on the ends.

Anyway as you said "you get your hair cut often"
so you should have your nice light slices quite soon as the orangey bits on the ends will be getting trimmed off regularly.
HTH :hug:

As my doppleganger...I have been trying to do the same as you for years....some nice blonde slices.....I worked in the hair salon for 2 years and they couldn't do it.

There was a thread recently about bleaching and then leaving it for a while with protein treatments, then bleacing again....and so say over time you can achieve the effect....I'm just sticking to the one time bleach stained with red....I'm never going to get any blonde in my hair!

Plus the bleach sends my hair chewy!

they need to use blue platinium with 30 vol on the mid lengths and ends only if your roots are already the target shade, you can leave platinium on for up to 50 mins, it has beeswax in it so the condition wont worsen if its not left on for over 50 mins. Once you are at the undercoat you want (pale yellow/yellow at a push) i would recommend using dia col gelee iced milkshake and light blonde (25 mls + 10 mls) at the back wash for a few mins. Amy x

they need to use blue platinium with 30 vol on the mid lengths and ends only if your roots are already the target shade, you can leave platinium on for up to 50 mins, it has beeswax in it so the condition wont worsen if its not left on for over 50 mins. Once you are at the undercoat you want (pale yellow/yellow at a push) i would recommend using dia col gelee iced milkshake and light blonde (25 mls + 10 mls) at the back wash for a few mins. Amy x

Hi amy that sounds nice,
hope you don't mind me asking but could you just go over the ratios of the dia col gelees and the releaser quantity's again?
as I am sure there will be some more of us hair geekies including me , who will be very interested and appreciate the toning information and what shade it will achieve?
I usually use Wella but really love some of the loreal range too :hug: x
thanks for sharing

Hi amy that sounds nice,
hope you don't mind me asking but could you just go over the ratios of the dia col gelees and the releaser quantity's again?
as I am sure there will be some more of us hair geekies including me , who will be very interested and appreciate the toning information and what shade it will achieve?
I usually use Wella but really love some of the loreal range too :hug: x
thanks for sharing

of course, normally gelee is used 35mls of releaser and 70 mls of diacolour releaser,
richesse is 1 full tube to 75mls of diacolour richesse releaser.
The reason i said add some base to the iced milkshake is to restore some pigment in to the hair as it has all just been bleached out, this will obviously help give the toner something to cling to and stop it going too translucent(silvery) through the ends, it will give you a shade similar to 9.13, although she wants white if there is no warmth added at all it will look trailer park trashy and feel pants condition wise :) x

Just want to say thanx for all your replies guys! :hug:

I've decided to leave it for a couple of weeks and do some intense protein treatments on it, get it in the best condition possible, then get the platinium put on again and leave for the maximum 50 mins. As it's a slice under my brown, the orangey tinge, isn't screamingly obvious. my hair is about the length of Posh at the min, and it is really only the long length in my fringe where there is old colour that is the prob, the areas where there has been no red have lifted to a fantastic shade!

It's nice to know that I can leave it on for the max without any extra damage, so thanx for that Miss Amy!

Just thought I'd give an update! I had my hair done again today with the Platinium at 40%, and it has now lifted to exactly the colour I wanted! It is pure white :biggrin:, it's a little dryer than the areas that I have a dark brown on, but not majorly so, there's no snapping and it looks in pretty good nick!

Don't think I'll be getting a full head though, I'm so dark that my roots were through in just 10 days :eek: but with it being a slice underneath, it doesn't show!

Latest posts

Back