Please advise me on what to do with my hair!! :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah22

Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope you's don't mind me popping over from skin and nails.

My hair is snapping off and I don't know what to do :-(

I was getting it bleached all over for a few years, but had it cropped short.

I'm getting married in November so I've been letting it grow for the past 17 months, and it's only just at my shoulders :-/

Instead of getting it bleached all over, I'm getting bleach foils (matrix v lights powder and 40 vol) with a few darker foils (7) scattered through.

I'm using Moroccanoil and a Revlon leave in conditioner, using the GHD thermostat protection spray, not brushing it while it's wet, and not styling it very often. When it's dry and I brush it, small pieces just snap off the ends :-(

Can you advise me in any way of what I should do?

Sorry for the essay!!

Sarah xx

Hey guys, I hope you's don't mind me popping over from skin and nails.

My hair is snapping off and I don't know what to do :-(

I was getting it bleached all over for a few years, but had it cropped short.

I'm getting married in November so I've been letting it grow for the past 17 months, and it's only just at my shoulders :-/

Instead of getting it bleached all over, I'm getting bleach foils (matrix v lights powder and 40 vol) with a few darker foils (7) scattered through.

I'm using Moroccanoil and a Revlon leave in conditioner, using the GHD thermostat protection spray, not brushing it while it's wet, and not styling it very often. When it's dry and I brush it, small pieces just snap off the ends :-(

Can you advise me in any way of what I should do?

Sorry for the essay!!

Sarah xx

Well for one, the 40 vol is your main problem there, I'm not going to start contradicting your hairdresser but I'm sure 20 vol with blights would be more than enough.

Secondly, when you say you've been letting it grow for 17 months, have you been having regular trims still?

and it's hard to recommend products unless I know what brands you can get hold of really x

Well for one, the 40 vol is your main problem there, I'm not going to start contradicting your hairdresser but I'm sure 20 vol with blights would be more than enough.

Secondly, when you say you've been letting it grow for 17 months, have you been having regular trims still?

and it's hard to recommend products unless I know what brands you can get hold of really x

Thanks for your reply!! My hairdresser has tried 20 vol before but it's went yellow?

I've had 2 trims in the 17 months, maybe 3 actually.

What products do you recommend? I'll do my damness to get them!! Lol xx

Thanks for your reply!! My hairdresser has tried 20 vol before but it's went yellow?

I've had 2 trims in the 17 months, maybe 3 actually.

What products do you recommend? I'll do my damness to get them!! Lol xx

From what I've heard, vlight is amazing with 20 vol but haven't used it personally.
When my clients want to grow their hair, I still cut their hair every 5-8 weeks, taking off what needs to come off and it will grow...slowly yes but healthily.

If you're already using an oil that's good, and id recommend a strengthening shampoo and masque but more than anything you need a good cut...products will help prevent and slightly improve split/broken ends but they need to go. Book in for a cut to get rid of your ends, and a very slight trim every 6 weeks.

I would recommend the products I use (kitoko) but they tend to be quite hard to get hold of...from what I've tried, matrix biolage range is nice, and I'm sure someone will correct me here but I believe the fortetherapie shampoo and masque are what you'd need.

Ive used vlights for years there isn't any need really to go in with any more than "matrix" 20 vol developer if u used the cheap peroxide I personally feel it takes longer... If its stil abit warm either put it under heat alittle or tone it with the SPA xx

Sack your stylist!! Their really is no need for careless miss-use like this! They might have said it goes yellow with 20vol but I've used this product for Years and it has never been yellow, if their using cheap peroxide it prob will but the main reason for them using 40 is its "quicker" for them and less fuss!

Sorry not what you wanted to hear but it really annoys me when people don't use bleach correctly and responsibly!

Sack your stylist!! Their really is no need for careless miss-use like this! They might have said it goes yellow with 20vol but I've used this product for Years and it has never been yellow, if their using cheap peroxide it prob will but the main reason for them using 40 is its "quicker" for them and less fuss!

Sorry not what you wanted to hear but it really annoys me when people don't use bleach correctly and responsibly!

Exactly what I was thinking, also she couldn't give you the basic advice/tip to have regular trims to help the hair grow healthy?! It would also be her job to recommend you products etc to help the condition of your hair and sounds like she's not done that either x

Go to a training salon and ask for deep conditioning treatments, the level ones will love you because you are helping them get assessments and your hair will love u even more, your purse might not be too empty too.
Find a salon that does Brazilian blow dries, that should help the condition and keep styling to a minimum, which in turn keeps length cut off to a minimum when you go for REGULAR trims.
Give ur scalp a good massage every time u condition to help blood flow and aid growth. You could even try the hair and nails tablets to make the hair grow stronger and sometimes quicker.
And lastly, get multi vitamins, a healthy body means healthy hair as all illness shows up in the hair xoxo

Redken extreme range all the way! You should try the leave in treatment, it's called anti snap! It's a life saver! Also CAT treatment in the same range is brill! ;)

Thanks so much for all of your replies everyone!! I really appreciate all of your advice and recommendations, I'll definitely put them to use!!

Thanks again :) xx

Latest posts

Back