Please, could you look at my website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffy

Reaction score
Hi, could you please take a look at my website, I have been faffing around all day trying to improve but feel like I'm going round in circles!!! I need some direction!!

Could you please give me some honest pointers :))

www.beauty4nailz.co.uk

the click to enter site , can you make it bigger ?

the hand pic is pixilated

take your address / door number off , be appointment only , it saves having people turn up at strange times or trying to drop in , it also sounds more exclusive .

(edit didnt mean to hit done )

im not good with spelling but you ask them to look at the contact uz page, ?

you missed a capital I ( My salon is warm and welcoming and i hope to make anyone that walks

alot of the stuff on where and when , seem like they belong on the about me section , i know it sounds mean and I know you have experience but it needs to be more ? about the client . and about me section is good to have , please dont get me wrong :/

can you move your price list higher up on the order of the list ?

you have told them to like you on facebook for 25% off (thats a big chunk hun , are you sure ? ) but you need to add the facebook link , or button to that as well , people like to do one click and be done , not search for you on facebook ,

nice to see client comments :)

did you get permition to yous the photos ? as i have herd of people getting in alot of poop over "borrowed " photos ,

make separate descriptions for manicure / pedicure standard and luxury ,

I get the idea of having the treatments page separate to the price list but I think maybe they could be one ? or make them more different ? add logos , name drop all the brands that you use ,
defiantly think that the price list needs to be higher up the list than the treatments , or you will have people click that far see start from prices and leave ,

Last edited:
The main thing that really strikes me on every page, is that there are too many differing fonts. I think you should stick to one or possibly two different styles and try not to use too many different font colours as well.

I dont like that you have to click to get into the website.

Also, the blurry hand on each page doesnt look too good.

On the welcome page you say 'uz' instead of 'us'.

Lastly, one of my big bug-bears where websites are concerned. I assume you work on your own, but on your site you say 'us' /'we'. I think it comes across much more friendly and personal if you say 'me' /'I'.

x

Congratulations on your first website - gosh, isn't it hard!

I think you should standardise on the font - too many different ones are quite hard on the eyes.

It's a bit too pink for me...

I think your prices are very low - you might want to look at what your competition is charging and re-evaluate.
You don't mention which facial products you're using.
Are you open or closed on a Friday?
Check your spacing.

I think you've done really well for your first go - it took me ages to settle on my site!

Well done and good luck!

Brilliant thank you! I think I have changed it so many times I couldn't get it all to match!!!

Any further opinions would be fab!!!

I editied my post as it sent before i was ready x

Hi hon. I really like the colour scheme of the site. I have only looked at it via my iPhone but I think that's a fairly common medium these days & you need to go on & align your price list page as the treatments, prices and pound signs are all messed up :(

I also recommend looking round other geek websites to sort out your navigation tabs. It's very confusing to have a treatment page, prices page & fingers & toes page. For example where do I go to find out the difference in treatment & price between standard & lux mani? The answer is I don't, I give up & move on. It's very important that you make sure your site navigation makes more sense.

Oh...and everything everyone else said too ^^^

Good luck! Xxx

Hey

I'm in the same boat as you - just made a website & not 100% sure if I've missed anything lol.

Didn't want to read & run so here's what I noticed.

- On the first page at the bottom paragraph "With a variety of treatments..." the font changes halfway through the paragraph, don't know if that's intentional or not.

- You say contact uz instead of us.

-The first pages looks squashed - could you make it longer?

- On the Where & When page I think there's too many different colours & fonts, it looks a bit confusing.

- I do like the idea of a contact me form though! Might borrow that if you don't mind lol.

- The offers page looks a bit messy - the fonts & colours don't really match.

- Also you switch between - "Our & I" i.e. Our pedicures & I offer, that's a bit confusing, to me anyways!

- I like that you have details about the treatments & what's involved rather than just pictures & also that your phone number is on every page & in the same place.

- Again on the packages page, everything looks a bit thrown together & not organised.

Sorry if you think I've just ripped your site to pieces - it's not intentional, I'm only trying to be constructive.

Other than that you've done great for your first go! Good luck & hope it all goes well for you.

Victoria
Home -

Wouldn't do a 'click here to continue' page - eventually it gets annoying for repeat visitors who have to click through every time to get to what they actually want. I'm not sure it does your SEO much good either, but I could be wrong on that.

Personally I'd cut down the amount of text on the home page. With the current length, I'm just skimming and not really reading anything. From the looks of the copy, you could move a lot of the detail into the 'about me' section, which would leave your home page looking much cleaner.

As others have said, the navigation is a bit confusing; I'd personally like to see all your treatments and prices under one page so I can get all the information I want from one click.

I'd possibly move the order of the menus around a little as well, so the most important information (treatments / prices and special offers) are first, contact / about me last.

I'd be remiss not to mention that it'd be nice to see online booking as well, which you can do for free with Salonlite - The world's first free online salon and spa management software :)

Hope that all helps!

Thank you all very much for your help, I have working for hours on website today!!!😨
I would really appreciate it if you can take another look and let me know if I have improved or made it worse!!! I won't be offended!! 😊

Latest posts

Back