Please help-acrylic falling off after 4 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurengriffin28

Reaction score
Hi everyone im newly qualified in acrylic nails and im having a problem I follow all the rules prep,dehydrator,primers etc but I've now had clients saying they've just fallen of 4days later but I've even done my own nails and they've been on for over 2weeks already and no signs of budging same with mother in laws done at same time. I have hectic life and (hangs head in shame) don't look after my acrylic at all housework 3 kids list goes on but nothing is making them shift. So this is all making my confidence go down feel defeated :( I just don't know what it is and im terrified ill get a bad reputation xx

Hi everyone im newly qualified in acrylic nails and im having a problem I follow all the rules prep,dehydrator,primers etc but I've now had clients saying they've just fallen of 4days later but I've even done my own nails and they've been on for over 2weeks already and no signs of budging same with mother in laws done at same time. I have hectic life and (hangs head in shame) don't look after my acrylic at all housework 3 kids list goes on but nothing is making them shift. So this is all making my confidence go down feel defeated :( I just don't know what it is and im terrified ill get a bad reputation xx
Hate those ppl.. Making our confidence melt away!! I once had a girl claiming her Nails got stuck in her hair when she washed it. Seriously!!!:confused:.

Hate those ppl.. Making our confidence melt away!! I once had a girl claiming her Nails got stuck in her hair when she washed it. Seriously!!!:confused:.
I know it's horrible it's made me feel awful,the thing was her friends ones are still on and I did both of them the same :(

I know it's horrible it's made me feel awful,the thing was her friends ones are still on and I did both of them the same :( and because I'm new to all of this im not sure what I'm suppose to do or what I must be doing wrong x

Don't fret! :) Not all extensions are suitable for all people, also you don't know how she has (or hasn't) looked after them! You seem to have done other sets that are fine, :) my sister in law kept saying something I was doing must be wrong because they kept breaking......she also claimed 3 separate times that she broke a nail shutting her car door!?!? Moral of my story is don't take it to heart! :)

Don't fret! :) Not all extensions are suitable for all people, also you don't know how she has (or hasn't) looked after them! You seem to have done other sets that are fine, :) my sister in law kept saying something I was doing must be wrong because they kept breaking......she also claimed 3 separate times that she broke a nail shutting her car door!?!? Moral of my story is don't take it to heart! :)
Thank you :) I know I've tried really hard,the only other case I had was when a lady who had really short bitten nails and I did pre warn her that they may ping of easy, I just feel like im doing really well then get a set back. I really enjoy doing it and im such a perfectionist that when I get complaints like this makes me feel awful xx

I'm the same, being such a perfectionist can sometimes be my downfall, but taking pride in our work is definitely not a bad thing! We just need to learn to take any knocks on the chin! :) keep at it......oh and if u ever think someone has nails that are too short don't be afraid to say no! :) x

I'm the same, being such a perfectionist can sometimes be my downfall, but taking pride in our work is definitely not a bad thing! We just need to learn to take any knocks on the chin! :) keep at it......oh and if u ever think someone has nails that are too short don't be afraid to say no! :) x
It certainly is a down full at times lol and thank you for the vote of confidence :) fingers crossed it doesn't happen again and from now on till ive been doing it for a while ill leave nail biters so I don't have to disappoint them and myself :) x

I had the same happen recently with a severe nail biter tips pinging off after 4 days, I'm doing a 1 to 1 soon just to ensure a I'm not missing something when applying the acrylic, although I've done a few sets since and they've been fine. It definitely knocks your confidence though.

I had the same happen recently with a severe nail biter tips pinging off after 4 days, I'm doing a 1 to 1 soon just to ensure a I'm not missing something when applying the acrylic, although I've done a few sets since and they've been fine. It definitely knocks your confidence though.
It really does I've got clients tomorrow and im so worried same thing will happen,thing is there's so many things that could be wrong not prepping proply, not enough glue,not apply acrylic correctly too thin etc, ratio not quite right.it so hard to find the culprit and why their pinging off xx

It really does I've got clients tomorrow and im so worried same thing will happen,thing is there's so many things that could be wrong not prepping proply, not enough glue,not apply acrylic correctly too thin etc, ratio not quite right.it so hard to find the culprit and why their pinging off xx
I think the culprit is being a nail biter, from experience I think sculpting is better for nails severely bitten. Most vids on YouTube show this method ie young nails, naio nails etc, have a look. I'm definitely sculpting nail biters from now on x

I think the culprit is being a nail biter, from experience I think sculpting is better for nails severely bitten. Most vids on YouTube show this method ie young nails, naio nails etc, have a look. I'm definitely sculpting nail biters from now on x
I'm watched some vids from naio nails she does some amazing work,yes I want to try forms it looks hard tho xx

And will Def look in depth more in sculpting xx

If there's one phrase that boils my pi** it's " they just fell off"!! doesnt happen , end of, the use of the words "just fell off" tell you everything, if extensions were things that were merely balanced on the nail surface, then yes, they could "just fall off". They're not tho are they? Picker/fiddler alert! Onwards & upwards, the next two years will be a learning curve, one of the things you'll learn is nails don't "just fall off", not without help anyways! Chin up & try not to let it get to you.

If there's one phrase that boils my pi** it's " they just fell off"!! doesnt happen , end of, the use of the words "just fell off" tell you everything, if extensions were things that were merely balanced on the nail surface, then yes, they could "just fall off". They're not tho are they? Picker/fiddler alert! Onwards & upwards, the next two years will be a learning curve, one of the things you'll learn is nails don't "just fall off", not without help anyways! Chin up & try not to let it get to you.
Thank you :) I know I've had acrylics so many times and never experienced they "fell off" xx I'm hoping as time goes on ill learn to weed out the pickers/and those looking for a freebie xx

I feel for you, I have been in the industry for 20 years and have only recently come accross clients who want glamerous nails but who chew the skin, nibble the free edge, pick at the emhancement and come back and blame you. It can be soul destroying but what I do now is:- while I am doing the nails, I make sure I chat about what not to do with your nails in a nice and sometime humerous way. One of my stock phrases is "rember, your nails are jewels not tools so dont go scraping stubborn things off with them or use them to open cans of fizzy drinks" another thing I say is that you must always treat your nails with care as strong detergents can cause the acrylic to degrade, then I say " so remember not to put your hands and nails into anything you wouldn't wash your hair in" then lastly as the client is about to leave, I often say "now just one last thing to remember, please make sure that you keep your eyes on the road driving home, I wouldn't want you to crash your car while admiring your nails" Can you print out an aftercare slip with how to look after your nail enhancements and give it to the client to make sure that they know that the can't just have their nails done and carry on biting, picking or dipping them washing up liquid or bleach etc. It will make you more confident if you cover all the bases, especially if you suspect that the client may be trouble. A classic sign is if they have tried multiple paces and always found fault. And never be afriad to say no if the job looks like it may be difficult. You are the professional with the knowledge and the client must be guided by you.
Hope this helps
Gilly

I feel for you, I have been in the industry for 20 years and have only recently come accross clients who want glamerous nails but who chew the skin, nibble the free edge, pick at the emhancement and come back and blame you. It can be soul destroying but what I do now is:- while I am doing the nails, I make sure I chat about what not to do with your nails in a nice and sometime humerous way. One of my stock phrases is "rember, your nails are jewels not tools so dont go scraping stubborn things off with them or use them to open cans of fizzy drinks" another thing I say is that you must always treat your nails with care as strong detergents can cause the acrylic to degrade, then I say " so remember not to put your hands and nails into anything you wouldn't wash your hair in" then lastly as the client is about to leave, I often say "now just one last thing to remember, please make sure that you keep your eyes on the road driving home, I wouldn't want you to crash your car while admiring your nails" Can you print out an aftercare slip with how to look after your nail enhancements and give it to the client to make sure that they know that the can't just have their nails done and carry on biting, picking or dipping them washing up liquid or bleach etc. It will make you more confident if you cover all the bases, especially if you suspect that the client may be trouble. A classic sign is if they have tried multiple paces and always found fault. And never be afriad to say no if the job looks like it may be difficult. You are the professional with the knowledge and the client must be guided by you.
Hope this helps
Gilly
Aww thank you :) that's really helped im definitely going to print some forms off as I think then at least I've tried (though I might not succeed in stopping them from fiddling,biting) telling them correct way to look after their enhancements. I'm feeling so much more positive after all of you lovely people helping me thank you so much

Hope this helps
Gilly
Super advice xx

Latest posts

Back