please help ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashell

Reaction score
:confused:hi all, i hope this is in the right place,
i have recieved an email from my daughters secondary school about a fundraising event this friday and i just wanted to ask you all if you had any ideas to put my services forward, i know i could do gift vouchers for the raffle but i want to really get noticed, so here i have coppied the email i was sent,,
PS,,,i am still waiting for the school to contact me back regarding red nose day,, i asked if i could do some waxing on the hariest male members of staff and pupils donate there pennies on there way in?????? what do u think???

Dear Miss M Burns
On behalf of our C.A.S. group raising money for Help the Heroes
We would like to invite you to support our Charity Fashion Show being held on Friday 11th March 2011 from 7.30pm in the Main school Hall. The event features clothing and accessories from Kit & Kaboodal, Easingwold which you will be able to purchase on the night.
A raffle and refreshments will also be available
Please come along and support our event.

How about offering to go down and set yourself up on a little table and do some simple nail art for the kids? Charge a few quid and donate it to the school.
You can chat to & give out your cards to the mums and dads while they're stood waiting for their little ones X

Hi,

I might be wrong but the email looks as though its inviting you to attend like all the mums rather than take part in.

If you want to take part I would get in touch with them telling them you are fully qualified/insured and offer maybe a offer a free hand & arm massage whilst people browse then you can talk about what you do, have price lists on hand to give out, have your diary there and maybe offer a discount for anyone wanting to book on the night. Your school may even let you do a mini mani and say give a percentage of the profits to the school fund.

As far as the waxing goes, I'm not sure that a) they would want a topless man in the school hall with kids and b) if you get a screamer it may scare the children ( you know how dramatic men can be :))

Hope this helps a little and good luck

H xx

How about offering to go down and set yourself up on a little table and do some simple nail art for the kids? Charge a few quid and donate it to the school.
You can chat to & give out your cards to the mums and dads while they're stood waiting for their little ones X

thanx for that, i like the idea:)
its actually secondary school but im sure they will still like the nail art,, thing is i havent really done much of it before:eek:,
what do u think about file & polish???? gems???
i do shellac but i cant affort to offer this free of charge so was thinking i would donate a gift voucher for this?? x

Hi,

I might be wrong but the email looks as though its inviting you to attend like all the mums rather than take part in.

If you want to take part I would get in touch with them telling them you are fully qualified/insured and offer maybe a offer a free hand & arm massage whilst people browse then you can talk about what you do, have price lists on hand to give out, have your diary there and maybe offer a discount for anyone wanting to book on the night. Your school may even let you do a mini mani and say give a percentage of the profits to the school fund.

As far as the waxing goes, I'm not sure that a) they would want a topless man in the school hall with kids and b) if you get a screamer it may scare the children ( you know how dramatic men can be :))

Hope this helps a little and good luck

H xx

lol:lol:,

yes i completley agree, however it is a secondary school and i would be waxing there legs only!!!
but yes the email eas just a regular to all parents but i thought it gives me chance to get noticed aswell??? x

thanx for that, i like the idea:)
its actually secondary school but im sure they will still like the nail art,, thing is i havent really done much of it before:eek:,
what do u think about file & polish???? gems???
i do shellac but i cant affort to offer this free of charge so was thinking i would donate a gift voucher for this?? x

A professional file & polish would probably be received just as well! :)

Or, you could take your Shellac kit and offer a trial finger or two FOC and even Minx too if you offer this also.
Will help raise awareness of you and the products you're using, who knows once they've had a taster, they may well book in for the complete job!
You could run a special offer for them if they book in on the night? X

i would use water decals as they are simple to apply or pre adesive 3d stickers to add a bit of ummph to the colours.Of course file and polish but i would use a high quality and low cost item (i'm not sure what ones as i only past nail courses last year and not working in industry yet)

Hi,
have done a few similar events and usually do nail painting. You can do lots in an eve, ties in with the fashion theme and will cause lots of oos and ahhs when people see all the lovely nails being flashed arround!
You can have your price lists on the table and maybe do a special promo
for those who attend the eve?

I do quite alot of events at our local schools, i usually offer mini treatments because then you can fit more potential clients in, i usualy do file and polish on fingers and toes, mini manicures, and small waxing treatments like eyebrows, underarms, lip and chin. i also take down a small table with me with my price lists on and i also make a few flyers with special offers on :) although i do have to say some people do ask for massage so you could do mini massage, although i'd only pick a few treatments because you don't want all your kit with you.

Latest posts

Back