Please help!!! Caledonian Therapy Academy or CND?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire962

Reaction score
Hi,

I am sure you have all heard this sort of thing before but any help would be appreciated.

I am looking at a career change and have decided to become a nail tech, there is so many different companies offering training and the best one seems to be CND however I have been looking at the 4 day course at the Caledonian Therapy Academy, does anyone have any experience working with them or know anyone who has?

Also what are my prospects of getting work with only the certification I receive from a 4 day course as opposed to an NVQ?

Nearly there.... If anyone knows any good training providers around the Glasgow or Inverness area or Plymouth area please help as I keep finding companys but shortly after I find a bad review and don't know if its just one disgruntled student or not.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi

Great career change! You won't look back :D There are many reputable companies that offer training - unfortunately here in Scotland we are limited at the moment. I have to warn you, that as far as I'm aware Caledonian Therapy Academy seem to offer manicure/gel/fibreglass and acrylic training in FOUR DAYS !!!! .....I can understand that you may consider this value for money - I call it IMPOSSIBLE. I'm sure that the educators support you as much as they can, but it can not change the fact that this is a ridiculous timescale! Decide on one nail enhancement system and master it! Otherwise you may be totally overwhelmed, and its a great deal of money to be disheartened. The Fingertips Centre at Newbridge in Edinburgh would really be worth a call. Fiona Wallace is the CND educator, and she is wonderful. Its a training centre that offers professional education in nail care and terrific support afterwards. Believe me, that is sooooo important! Good luck with it. xx

The CTA offer Manicure, Acrylic, Gel and Nail art over 5 days.
Class sizes are maximum of 4 students.

You can attend unlimited workshops to practice and have free unlimited after care.
Our nail students have felt our courses are good value for money and are able to carry out what they have learned after the course.
Students will have the basics and will work on their speed, this is done through case studies which need to be returned before certification.
Lou x
Posted via Mobile Device

I am a student at both of these centres. I am taking some beauty courses at CTA and have been happy with my training, the tutors are lovely and you can go back again if you feel you need more training.

I have chosen to use the Fingertips Centre for my nail training. I did lots of research before making my decision and based my final decision on the fact that CND are the market leaders in the nail industry, their products have an amazing reputation as has their training. I have to say I don't regret it. Fee is an amazing educator and their products are wonderful.......also when looking for work in a salon there are some salons who will only consider CND trained techs. The support I get from Fee outwith the training sessions is fantastic, she really does go that extra mile.

At the end of the day only you can make the decision. Use the search function on this site and you will find lots of information. Also drop both centres an email/call them for a chat & have a look on their websites.....get as much info from them as possible, then you can make an informed decision as to what is right for you.

Good luck, Lou xx

I don't know how you can say training is limited in Scotland when you have the best in CND right there in all three places you have listed?? lol Plus some of the best educators in the business .. award winners in every way. For nails it's CND all the way.

Latest posts

Back