Please help ( CND Lamp drama )

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxJackiexx

Reaction score
Hi , my cnd lamp arrived today . I've managed to get the top off but the blue film is stuck solid ! The blue film came off the hand part in one easy piece but the rest is stuck solid , im having to pick it off in tiny bits .....anyone any suggestions ? I've been at it for an hour now and no where near go it all off (

You should be able to flip up the bottom tray that's under the removable tray and once you remove this, it should make it easier to remove the blue film from the rest of the lamp.

HTHs

Have to say I have never had that problem (and I prepare every lamp for my customers myself lol) -- lucky them! I do the lot for them and make sure all is working well before they go out the door!

I would just say persevere and you will get it all off. Too bad you have a stubbourn one, but it is not normal in my experience. Be patient and keep going ... it¡'s not the end of the world.

When I cook I get a few onions like that .. hard to peel .. sometimes I get the same with hard boiled eggs. I havent written to the good housekeeping website about it yet but maybe I should?

It's a very stubborn one :) Naughty blue film aside though it's a lovely lamp , I'm very impressed with the carry handle .

Gigi yes please do write to the good housing keeping place and tell them of your onion dramas , ask them about blue film too lol x

When I cook I get a few onions like that .. hard to peel .. sometimes I get the same with hard boiled eggs. I havent written to the good housekeeping website about it yet but maybe I should?

Lol yes, and when you do can you tell us all the answer? That would save many lost minutes of frustrating peeling time! ;)

You should be able to flip up the bottom tray that's under the removable tray and once you remove this, it should make it easier to remove the blue film from the rest of the lamp.

HTHs

I have to echo Angel's suggestion.
I have found that many people are not realising that under the removable tray is another removable piece of thin plastic. The blue film is extended underneath that, so you need to lift that piece of plastic off first to remove the blue film or you will end up picking it off bit by bit.

Maybe if you gently warmed it with a hairdryer it may make the blue film a bit more flexible?

Not sure about Onions but I can tell you about the eggs... :biggrin:

Usually, the fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel. This is because the membrane has not had time to build next to the shell. Older eggs are easier to peel.

Another way of making eggs easier to peel, is soaking them in cold water for 5 mins after boiling - although I kind of don't understand this method because if you want the egg hot, you will have to re-heat again straight away after you have spent 5 minutes cooling it down..??!!

Just a bit of useless non nail related info..?? :wink2:

I've finally managed to free it of the bluefilm , I rubbed round all the edges of the bits with a babywipe (don't worry It was barely wet) and that helped to lift them and peel off easier . Took forever but it gave my arms a good workout lol

Strange all the same, I've opened loads of lamps and never had that problem, it usually comes off very easily!

Glad you got it sorted :)

The bottom parts came off in seconds in one big piece , it was the back piece and the sides that where being naughty lol They where really firmly stuck on

The bottom parts came off in seconds in one big piece , it was the back piece and the sides that where being naughty lol They where really firmly stuck on

Your poor nails are probably in a right mess now... better go and do them and test out that new lamp while you're at it :wink2:

Well I was going to have a play with my new shellac tonight but my little girl has come downstairs from her bed burning up and saying she's not feeling well :( I'll have to leave it until tomorrow now as she's curled up at the side of me x

I was going to suggest a hairdrier to warm the film too - also works a treat with the stickers on the soles of new shoes.

Quite right about fresh eggs being harder to peel.

As for onions dropping them in a pan of boiling water for a few seconds helps with the skins!

Latest posts

Back