Please help, hair extension problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleoglampuss

Reaction score
I have just spent 3 hours doing a lady's hair with micro rings. I used l&k hair.
She was happy when I left. She also signed a disclaimer to say she was happy.
Two days later she is demanding a full refund due to the hair not being European. She feels it is dry. She is threatening court action and being very hostile. And threatening to bad mouth my company.
I am being to the point and professional with her. I have offered her a refund if she returns the hair to me within 7 days ( minus the deposit )so I can inspect it and return it to the supplier.
I have also offered a complimentary refit and removal instead. She is adamant for a full refund without even returning the hair. And she is threatening to ( in her words ) ruin my business by going to the papers.
I'm really upset and I don't know what to do. I feel I've met my legal and customer service obligation to her.

Any advice greatly received

Many thanks. .

I would contact your insurance company in the first instance.

Did you tell her the hair was european & it's not or is she assuming that it isn't?

I wouldn't refund without seeing her & the hair & I'd leave it to the insurance after that.

Also keep any messages / emails etc in case you need them at a later date.

This seems so common nowadays with some people if its the hair she has an issue with she should be more than happy for you do to without being charged us if she is that unhappy with the hair why on earth does she want to keep it ?
You have offered to rectify ( not that there is anything wrong )
Stand your ground I bet she won't make the effort to bad mouth you people like this are all talk and think if they threaten you they will get their own way xx

I would insist that if she wants a refund that you remove them first. If she doesn't want them removed then she's pulling a fast one by the sound of it :(. Call her bluff and let her take you to court.
I think you'll find its a bluff. Horrible I know but I'm afraid it's getting more common xx

I had this happen with a nail client. She was perfectly happy with her nails when I left, even tipped me £7! Then the next day got a text to say they had all 'gone soft' in the bath and come off and demanded a refund including her tip! As I was quite new to the business I agreed and thought I'd see them when I dropped off the refund to assess them after i asked if she'd done anything to affect them via text when she told me off the issue. Mysteriously though after telling me what time to drop the refund off at the bar where she worked she was 'out' and I had to leave the money with her assistant and leave without seeing the nails. I now realise she probably got a lovely set of nails from me for free as I never saw the proof that they had come off!

Stand your ground and refuse a refund without removal or shel get your wonderful service for free!

Not a very nice situation to be in but yes, this is becoming all too common.

I think she is calling your bluff. How dare she behave in such a callous way. Hair extensions used to be for the kind of person who could afford them at justifiable high prices they were / are and with that, came a certain decorum.

Do not refund her without removing the extensions first and seeing as she is so willing to go to the papers about you and ruin your business LETS START NAMING AND SHAMING THESE NASTY PEOPLE!! It works both ways and we should be protecting one another so no one else accidently gets this client.

Last edited:
Iv never been a fan of I & K and didn't know they sold European, it's run by Chinese people and the hair iv had from them was cheap Chinese hair ( I know some Chinese hair is good ) but it does sound like the client is trying to pull a fast one, you wouldn't get a refund from a shop without returning an item so why should she with hair, tell her that x

Not a very nice situation to be in but yes, this is becoming all too common.

I think she is calling your bluff. How dare she behave in such a callous way. Hair extensions used to be for the kind of person who could afford them at justifiable high prices they were / are and with that, came a certain decorum.

Do not refund her without removing the extensions first and seeing as she is so willing to go to the papers about you and ruin your business LETS START NAMING AND SHAMING THESE NASTY PEOPLE!! It works both ways and we should be protecting one another so no one else accidently gets this client.

Naming and shaming is not professional. You don't see next slating Primark do you? Or Lancôme slating miss sporty makeup.

If the person wants a refund because the hair is of unsatisfactory quality then refund her, but only after a full removal.
You as the supplier to the client are responsible for its quality not the company supplying it to you, it is your responsibility to contact your supplier and investigate on the clients behalf.

If I were you, I would refund after removal then contact the supplier, if you were sold the hair with the wrong information then they have a legal obligation to sort it just as you do with your client (check Chinese laws first as the uk law on services and goods will be different from Chinese) xoxo

did you tell her the hair was European? I thought I&k were Chinese, and not particularly good Chinese at that. Sounds like scare tactics though, as 2 days after fitting it wont even have been washed and even if it is poor quality hair (not saying it is necessarily) it would still feel silky until its been washed a few times. Inform your insurance company, and let the client know that any correspondence will be dealt with via them. Hope you get things sorted out, you must be so worried x

My only concern is that she was thinking that you are fitting European hair and I&K is definitely not European hair. But as some one already told you before ,do give her refund, but only after removal, as it looks like she is just trying get a freebie.

Already some great replies here

Did you tell her it was European hair?

How does she know it isn't?

What is your refund policy?

Don't give her a refund, the price she's paid was for the time you took to fit them, and for the hair you've fitted, she's had your time, and has the hair

If she insists I'd take the hair out, and send it back to the company for testing, but it's a bit tricky in your situation, as you know it's not European?
Let us know how you get on x

Latest posts

Back