Please help me reply, politely

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Hi will try and keep this short and make just the main points.

I ran a competion where the winner won a free spray tan, rules were it was to be claimed by end Sept. I advised the winner and she said great she will contact me after her holiday to book. She left it till near the end of sept to contact me and said can she have it in October as she hasn't needed a tan in September. I advised why I put an end date on my competitions (so I can account for doing a free tan) and explained that because the tans are "free" competition winners are usually happy to have one just to make themselves feel better rather than having to have a special occasion to go to, but on this occasion I will honour it if she tells me now what date she wants. So she booked in for a date in October. About a week later she then asked if she could change the date (which wasn't a problem but I was surprised that after I had already gone out my way for her she actually had the cheek to ask!). I changed her apt date As requested.

So today is the day of her appointment. She contacts me this morning saying she hasn't heard any details from me about her tan and she can do next week if easier? I replies back saying I forwarded my website details and asked you to read through the prep info, is there anything else you need to know. And she said she must not have taken notice of that message and she will read now.

Obviously she hasn't prepped for her tan and has just messaged me saying this and can she change it to next week. If not she will keep the appointment tonight.

Now, the reason I run competitions is to hopefully get new customers out of it but I don't know if I want this kind of customer! I certainly don't want to move her appointment because I think she has messed me around enough, is she not just grateful to get a free spray?!! How can I reply saying no, it's tonight or not at all but politely?! I need to include tho that because she hasn't prepped properly I can't GUARANTEE perfect results.

Sorry I said I'd keep it short but couldn't lol!! Quick replies much appreciated :) x

I wouldn't waste my products and time on an ungrateful person! Its her fault she didn't read the mail, not that I believe she didn't read it, it sounds like she's chancing her arm. Maybe mail her back stating your cancellation policy, but offer a small discount on your full price for her choice of date. Hth

What a pain! You definitely don't need that kind of customer! I would just politely say that as you are so busy you are unable to rearrange the appointment for the foreseeable future so if tonight is not possible then it's probably best to leave it. You have already been more than accommodating 😊

I would tell her that she can move it again but she will have to pay half price upfront to secure the booking and because the competition is now over, and if she cancels again she will loose her deposit and her now half price prize xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Id just say...

Hi....
Unfortunately I don't have any free spaces next week, I can still fit you in today at x time. Look forward to seeing you.

If she has ignored prep advice thats her problem, its a free tan, already been extended past its expiry date.

Xx

Hi will try and keep this short and make just the main points.

I ran a competion where the winner won a free spray tan, rules were it was to be claimed by end Sept. I advised the winner and she said great she will contact me after her holiday to book. She left it till near the end of sept to contact me and said can she have it in October as she hasn't needed a tan in September. I advised why I put an end date on my competitions (so I can account for doing a free tan) and explained that because the tans are "free" competition winners are usually happy to have one just to make themselves feel better rather than having to have a special occasion to go to, but on this occasion I will honour it if she tells me now what date she wants. So she booked in for a date in October. About a week later she then asked if she could change the date (which wasn't a problem but I was surprised that after I had already gone out my way for her she actually had the cheek to ask!). I changed her apt date As requested.

So today is the day of her appointment. She contacts me this morning saying she hasn't heard any details from me about her tan and she can do next week if easier? I replies back saying I forwarded my website details and asked you to read through the prep info, is there anything else you need to know. And she said she must not have taken notice of that message and she will read now.

Obviously she hasn't prepped for her tan and has just messaged me saying this and can she change it to next week. If not she will keep the appointment tonight.

Now, the reason I run competitions is to hopefully get new customers out of it but I don't know if I want this kind of customer! I certainly don't want to move her appointment because I think she has messed me around enough, is she not just grateful to get a free spray?!! How can I reply saying no, it's tonight or not at all but politely?! I need to include tho that because she hasn't prepped properly I can't GUARANTEE perfect results.

Sorry I said I'd keep it short but couldn't lol!! Quick replies much appreciated :) x

You kidding me? Taking the flippin p...s or what! Don't do it. It was a freebie and she has the cheek to mess you around. You call the shots. your the boss. That's her problem not yours.:rolleyes:

She says she can still do tonight!
Do her tonight as she says then leave it :)

Hi all :)

Thank you all so much for your comments I was a little worried that it might have been me making a meal out of nothing - little things tend to annoy me you see so I never know if it's normal for something to bother me or of it's just me having an attitude! So I'm glad that it's seems you all have the same opinion as me on this occasion!

I ended up replying to her saying that I can still spray her that night at the agreed time or we can move it to next week. However I would need to charge £10 which is half price for the tan due to me now having a space that evening that I could potentially could have filled.

She decided to take next weeks appointment and pay the £10 (although I haven't asked for that upfront). If there are more problems next week then I will need to end this and will not be rebooking her. Although I'm feeling positive that there won't be any more issues :)

Thanks again everyone xx

Latest posts

Back