Please help - Racoon Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccharlay1

Reaction score
I washed my Racoon Extensions for the first time today. Used Racoon shampoo but only had L'oreal Elvive conditioner. The bonds are now very slightly softer and I am losing hair when brushing. Can anyone please give me advice to secure the bonds again.

I hope that's just a brand name and that the hair doesn't come from (dead) racoons!
Posted via Mobile Device

not sure you can!!!!!!!!
thats why you should follow every single aftercare advice you are given!
did they not retail you the conditioner??
you should never apply conditioner to your roots anyway never mind when you have extensions in.
my advice is go back to the salon but not sure what they can do xx

Are you sure its due to the conditioner?
I dont put conditioner on my bonds but i do on the rest of the extensions and pat it over my own hair on the top of my head. I dont use hair extension products and never have a problem.

Were they prebonded extensions or the other type? I find my prebonded ones last ages, and none fall out. But when i didnt wear pre bonded ones, the bonds would go softer and hair would come out lots. Thats why i changed types.

I remember that the other type on me would go really soft with the hair drier.

not sure you can!!!!!!!!
thats why you should follow every single aftercare advice you are given!
did they not retail you the conditioner??
you should never apply conditioner to your roots anyway never mind when you have extensions in.
my advice is go back to the salon but not sure what they can do xx

I agree! Go back to the salon. How long did you leave it until you washed your hair? I have not used that system before, however, I have seen the bonds before and they are quite a bit softer than keratin bonds. It is also usual to lose some hair in the first week or so. Best bet is to speak to your extensionist.

I hope that's just a brand name and that the hair doesn't come from (dead) racoons!
Posted via Mobile Device

:lol: lol , yes its the brand name , glad to say it's not pulled from raccoons tails or Collins tail either lol x
lots of clients get confused with this at first , must admit its a good name no and once heard no one usually forgets it , :)
Raccoon are now venturing into hair extensions for hair loss patients
:hug: x minky

Did they not give to advice on which products to use? With resin bonds it's vital not to use protein based products (I include a shampoo and conditioner in the price).
The bonds may re-harden, if not , you will need to go back to the salon to have them re-tightened.

Latest posts

Back