Please Help with my lifting problems.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazzie

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i'm really new to this site and really hope someone can help me. I have been doing nails on and off for about 5 years but have only just (in the last twelve months) been doing them regularly at work. All has been fine until recently when a lot of my clients have mentioned lifting. i have thought over and over what i am dong and havent changed anything. I am using creative at the moment, does anyone have any tips on how to stop this.

Tazzie

Hi Tazzie I posted a new thread last night about feeling like a rubbish tech, I got some great advise. I also looked at the tutorial section, I think I know where I'm going wrong, it either my prep or my zone 3 being to thick. I was considering buying an electric file but don't think its the answer to my probs.

I was also going to suggest checking your prep. Most lifting occurs because there is still non living tissue coating the nail. As such the product can't bond to the nail because there is a barrier between it and the nail.

I think there's a tutorial here about "proper prep" which is incredibly useful! :green:

Good luck anyway! :hug:

PREP is not always the answer ladies. Technique also plays a big part.

If you think your prep is fine then look at your technique. In my experience, many technicians fail to PRESS the product firmly on to the nail plate in zone 3. They just place it on and delicately brush into place ... you can't do this with a primer less product. You must actively press the product onto the plate (to make a firm contact) and then lightly brush over.

Look at my tutorial entitled zone 3 making it last in the tutorial section of this site. Maybe you should invest in a copy of 'nailclass' from Mundo Products as well. It sounds as if your techniques could do with a 'brush up' (if you'll pardon the pun).

Whatever, if you keep doing what you are doing you will continue to have the same problems. I would guess they are down to technique.

Thanks Guys,

I never used to get this problem however i did used to use NSI products, your tutorials are fantastic by the way.

xxx

Thanks Guys,

I never used to get this problem however i did used to use NSI products, your tutorials are fantastic by the way.

xxx

Different products require different techniques; once the technique changes, there is no problem.

When you make the decision to 'go upmarket' with more sophisticated technology, techniques must change with it. The benefits to you and your clients' nails far out weigh the learning of a new technique or two. x

So in your opinion is creative a better product that NSI? Also i ust started using a company called young nails yesterday, has anyone used them before?

So in your opinion is creative a better product that NSI? Also i ust started using a company called young nails yesterday, has anyone used them before?

i really like the young nails products. great colours and glitters. and if you want a really white powder that is easy to use, then xxx white is a great one. their website is very informative too.

There is no comparison between Creative and NSI or Young Nails. They are completely different.

Latest posts

Back