please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you go to a pub and expect the barman to sit you down and warn you about the dangers of alcohol?
or the news agent to preach about cigarettes every time you buy a packet of fags?
or macdonalds staff warn you about the fat content and heart disease?

of course they don't , cos then people might think twice and they would lose money....and thats my point.

Your hardly going to give someone all the negatives about a product you want to sell to them are you ???

My opinions are mine and i stand by them....whatever next...will we be changing our minds on Rio kits and renaming them cos there is money to be made in it :rolleyes: hey as long as we give them all the info about them, how to safely apply and remove, then its ok...right ??

Last edited:
I think our job as professionals,
Is to always keep upto date with the FACTS,
I can only give a client who is adamant she wants her nails too long for her nail beds the FACT that they will most probably break within a few days...the FACT that they look unbalanced,...etc...
this is an eg; obviously,

Another example, If a client says to me,
"what do you think of them stick on nails,?"
I would probably reply with...
"well in MY oppinion, I don't like them...I have had bad experiences myself,
I think most of the time they look nasty,
and I think they are a waste of money...pay £10 in boots, they will last you a few days if your lucky ...wheras pay me £25-£30 and you will have beautiful enhancements that feel like your own...they will last you upto 3-4 weeks before infils are needed if you take proper care of them depending on nail growth etc...
but ..the FACT is (im unsure of these fully myself yet.but you get the idea )
Applied correctly...looked after correctly and removed correctly..I don't see why you couldnt wear them occasionally"

blah blah blah lol.
So theres a difference in oppinion and fact and its usually a massive one
xx

of course they don't , cos then people might think twice and they would lose money....and thats my point.

Your hardly going to give someone all the negatives about a product you want to sell to them are you ???

My opinions are mine and i stand by them....whatever next...will we be changing our minds on Rio kits and renaming them cos there is money to be made in it :rolleyes: hey as long as we give them all the info about them, how to safely apply and remove, then its ok...right ??

Thats my thing about it all in a nutshell. If we should be advising people how to use these safely then why are we showering 'hobby techs' with direct replies about why they shouldn't do it and to get some professional training and not advice about the problem they asked about. In an ideal world people would use stick ons for one night and take them off and only use them for special occasions but they dont as a rule do they. People wont see a profesional telling them to use them wisely, they will see a proffesional telling them they are fine to use. Just like when there's a bit of bad press about NSS salons, they dont see a few bad salons, they think its all bad and a danger.

If I'm sorry for one thing here now though its that this debate has sprung up in Jodie's topic because I dont think it was the brow beating it seemed. We were confused, then puzzled, then curious and Geeks were trying to be encouraging about her training. I'd still love to see some of the sets she has painted as to be selling the way she does they must be good ad lots of us love nail art, especially free hand painting which I have never got the hang of. Did you do some Christmas nails?

Last edited:
Jodie I think you are very enterprising to think of this and it seems to be doing well . . . have you any pics to show us? I am fascinated.

It's still beyond me how you paint 30 sets a day . . . that's 300 individual nails . . . to be worth charging decent money for them they must be pretty detailed or intricate and you must be up all day and all night. How long does it take you to paint a set? And do you paint just 10? How can you tell exactly what sizes they need or do you supply extras?

You've already trained with Creative . . . one of the best . . . now you just lack confidence. Well, I certainly never had much confidence when I started out lol, I was so nervous when I did my first paying client that I crashed the car that day cos I was so pre-occupied:eek:! But confidence grows, and I'm certain you would soon be doing better financially offering nail enhancements AND offering your nail art as well. Any nail art would last much longer on enhancements anyway, than on stick-ons.

I'm not going to get involved in the stick on debate and whether they are bad for your nails or not. I think enough's been said already and that's not what the thread was about, although it's a valid point.

Latest posts

Back