please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie1983

Reaction score
i have been doing hand painted nails for the past year and i buy the false nails in bulk off ebay. when my clients want short ones it takes me ages to file down. does anyone know where i can buy short full cover false nails from? i know boots sell them but i need somewhere alot cheaper. i hope someone can help. thanks jodie xxx :cry:

i do mean the full cover ones that you glue on yourself. in boots you can buy 100 of them for £8.99 i need a bulk of them. i buy 500 long ones off ebay for £3.99 but i am desperate for short ones.

Last edited:
Do you mean stick on nails? I'm not completely understanding what you mean :)

hiya ..

are these full nails, like the stick on ones you get from boots...?

what training have you had...?

Do you mean stick on nails? I'm not completely understanding what you mean :)
i have just edited my post. this is first time i have been on here sorry for not making sense.

sorry im a bit confused, do you mean you put stick on nails(ie you just glue them on and file down) on clients then do hand painted art on them?

have you had any training, and do you charge for this?

need to clarify things before we all start jumping in with our twopenneth worth i think

Your profile says you are a creative nail technician....surely you have a set of tip cutters then?
They would do what you are asking about!!
In fact a set of toenail clippers would do it too.

I take it you do warn your clients about the overuse of these 'stick ons' and how it can lead to problems like bacterial infections...they really are dirt magnets.
If you do a search on here for stick on nails...you will be amazed at what you will read.

Last edited:
hi jodie and welcome to this site....xx

it says on your profile that you started the industry in 2004...is that with beauty or nails hun ???...

sorry jodie

i don't understand what you mean at all

i buy the nails cut them down, paint them and then sell them.

i do have cutters but i do around 30 sets a day and the reason i want shorter nails is because it is taking longer to cut and file them. at least if i found short nails ready cut i wouldn't get arm ache.

i do have cutters but i do around 30 sets a day and the reason i want shorter nails is because it is taking longer to cut and file them. at least if i found short nails ready cut i wouldn't get arm ache.

so you do 30 clients a day...with full stick on nails and then paint them...???

Do you apply any product over these tips ... acrylic...?

Are you actually trained in nails...?

sorry for all the questions but just trying to figure this out..:)

i trainned with creative nails. i make nails to order. clients don't come to me, they tell me what they want and i design and sell them. no acrylic or anything, i paint full cover false nails.

i trainned with creative nails. i make nails to order. clients don't come to me, they tell me what they want and i design and sell them. no acrylic or anything, i paint full cover false nails.

so then the clients apply them at home them selves...??

I take it you know all about the problems with stick on nails...such as greenies..:confused:

I dont know where you would buy what you are looking for, sorry. What do your clients do with them? Are they then going to stick them on themselves?

before i went into the nail industry i used to wear false nails myself, i never had any problems neither did any of my family friends or clients. alot of people say false nails are damaging to natural nails but i have not found that the case.

so then the clients apply them at home them selves...??

I take it you know all about the problems with stick on nails...such as greenies..:confused:

this is what i was wondering, surely if you've trained with the like of creative,you'd know the risks of stick on nails and the damage they can do to clients nails and as Angie said the greenies they can get

i know your just selling them on, but dosen't this bother you hun?

before i went into the nail industry i used to wear false nails myself, i never had any problems neither did any of my family friends or clients. alot of people say false nails are damaging to natural nails but i have not found that the case.

wow, thats all i can say sorry

Jodie, As your Creative trained you would have been educated on that though wouldn't you? I'll stick with the expert opinion personally, like you I paid to learn it after all.

you learn something knew everyday.....so when you paint them , do you sell them on ebay all painted or have your own shop????....do you advice people how to put them on???...what did you learn when you done your creative course????...sorry for all the questions!!!!....

ok so i now know why you want the tips

but what i don't get is why you don't just buy tips, design them and apply them to clients if you are creative trained?

Latest posts

Back