please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
like i said before i have never had any probs neither have my clients. when i sell my nails i have made my own info book on do's and dont's and possible effects. i didn't think i would have so many people complaning i only wanted to know where i could buy them from. so if people don't know where i can buy them whats the point in replying as this is MEANT to be a help forum.

thanks for everyones comments tho

like i said before i have never had any probs neither have my clients. when i sell my nails i have made my own info book on do's and dont's and possible effects. i didn't think i would have so many people complaning i only wanted to know where i could buy them from. so if people don't know where i can buy them whats the point in replying as this is MEANT to be a help forum.

firstly you got replies because it wasn't clear as to what it was you were asking for

secondly this is a professional forum for professionally trained techs/therapists "THE SALON GEEK, THE SALON PROFESSIONALS COMMUNITY"

get off your high horse people, if they were that damaging they would not be sold in salons or stores!!

This is a help forum, for professional nail, skin and hair folks. But as professionals we have to give professional advise and opinions, which is what you are getting here, today.

There are no laws that say what you are doing is wrong, but its not classed as professional.

Its like a hairdresser selling scissors and a leaflet with diagrams on how to cut your own hair.

Hairdresser is out of pocket, people walking round with dodgy haircuts and ears with plasters on where they have cut themselves...:lol:

do you see....??

if you search on here hun you we see that this is a professional forum....that nail techs spent loads of money for training and products....i dont think anyone on here does what you do....alot of people trained with creative so thats why your getting questions!!!!....i personally...am in interested in what you do as you learn sooo much on here!!!...so....why did you do a creative course hun ....did you want to do nails and found this better???....also stick on nails cause greenies which is a bactiral infection and can cause the natural nail damage....sorry if we have upset you....just were all intreated in what your doing xx

firstly you got replies because it wasn't clear as to what it was you were asking for

secondly this is a professional forum for professionally trained techs/therapists

Ditto that. I was going to ask about insurance but as you dont apply them yourself maybe it wouldn't affect you as long as your booklet is absolutely correct with out any margin of error in the facts in it.

How do you turn out 30 sets if stick ons a day? Do you just paint them in single colours or is that to order?

get off your high horse people, if they were that damaging they would not be sold in salons or stores!!

Yes they would in the same way you can buy kits to apply acrylic nails. You buy at your own risk with all these things. Its got nothing to with whats safe, if it did those kits wouldn't be sold and many many people wouldn't be walking around with nail plates so thin they are like paper or even worse.

You've obviously found a market for what you do, we just are trying to find out more. Never heard of it before today :)

i'm just a little annoyed with the replys i had. i don't apprieciate people implying i'm not professional. i do advice to the clients the effects of stick on nails but people have a right to chose for them selves even after my advice.

yeah and they wouldnt sell hair colour, which can turn your hair green if misused ,or perms which can make your hair fall out if you leave it on too long either would they, of course they will sell it in the high street if theres a market for it, dosent mean there isnt problems with them hun

anyway the point is you came to us asking for help, this is a professional community and you will get a professional opinion hunny, if you hadnt updated your profile to say you had been creative trained, you would have got reply's and plenty of them, but updating your profile to let us know you DO have training and good training at that, makes it even more incredulous that you would ignore the expert advice given to you during your training and sell cheap(er) non=professional products rather than the nails that im sure you could produce yourself, what you are seeing here is a bunch ofr passionate people worrying that you may have made a mistake, no one was jumping on their high horse as you so bluntly put it

As has already been said, it wasnt clear what you asked for in the first place, thats why so many questions arose, cos people geniunley wanted to help and advise you, so please don't take it the wrong way.

anyway, as min asked, im curious too, do you just custom paint them a flat colour or are you doing actual nail art on them, as 30 sets a day is rather impressive i'd say hun

x

i'm just a little annoyed with the replys i had. i don't apprieciate people implying i'm not professional. i do advice to the clients the effects of stick on nails but people have a right to chose for them selves even after my advice.

your right..and so are we!!!!!i have never seen stick on nails in a salon...i have heard on here about ones that can be used for 24 hours (i think)but thats now and again...i have seen these in boots and tescos...they are ok now and again .....i have not ....but some on here have seen what the stick on do to peoples natural nails...all i am asking is why if you paid for a course do you do this job???

there are many things sold in stores/salons but people buy them at their own risk and as a result people can cause themselves damage

personally i discourage people from using diy kits and recommend they see a professional

all i am asking is why if you paid for a course do you do this job???

my point exactly

surely if you are professionally trained you could make more money by designing your own tips and also applying them to clients

as a professional why would you recommend people apply the tips themselves

its like my regular therapist saying "well i will be on holiday so i can't do your next waxing appointment buy hey pop down to argos and buy yourself a rio home waxing kit and you should be fine as it comes with instructions!"

So you advise them that stick on nails are best only used for a one off special occasion, they are not designed for long term use and they can get a bacterial infection that results in a nasty green stain on there nails that will have to grow out....and thats the best thing that will happen.

And you advise all about the need for the nails to be properly prepped ??

So you are giving them all these facts....??? even though its going to make you money ??

I dont know really know what you expected hun?
You have come on to a Professional Site and asked in my opinion a question that is anyone who is qualified would take great offence to.

Being Creative trained myself one of the first things I was taught was how bad 'stick ons' are and for you to be happily selling them and being a so called Professional is well out of order.:grr:

...all i am asking is why if you paid for a course do you do this job???

That is I suspect what most of us are wondering. Do you do any full nail services now and how did you come to do what you do now? I think most of us are just very curious :lol:

That is I suspect what most of us are wondering. Do you do any full nail services now and how did you come to do what you do now? I think most of us are just very curious :lol:

i think the main reason i don't do other treatments and nail enhancements is because i lack confidence. i know i am good at nail art that is why i mainly do false nails. i have tryed so hard to get a job in a salon but had no luck, i feel i am good at treatments and nail enhancements but my shyness and lack of confidence lets me down. my last interview i had to do a half leg wax, i done a good job but it took me 50 mins which let me down. didn't get the job! i'm stuck working at cra**y sainsburys. i trainned with star nails five years ago and thought the trainning was rubbish. i done a conversion course with creative last year and still need to do a masters course. i studyed beauty at the oxford international college of beauty, they were excellent. not sure how i can gain confidience as i have not been given the chance. :cry:

Have you tried starting your own business....maybe going mobile in the evenings or weekends while your not at your other job.

get some leaflets done and place an advert in your local rag....the confidence will come with time.

I don't doubt your ability for art designs but it would be brilliant to see those designs on enhanced nails that you have created....get your self out there. x

Can you not practice everything on willing friends and family? I'm the last to preach here, I dont work yet either but I dont have an abundance of willing peeps as most I know wouldn't have enhancements so my confidence is zero. I know what I do I do quite well with no lift issues but still, I'd like to get faster and that takes practice.

I can identify, totally.

Thing is though that stick on's are not a prefessional service, no matter how good and professional your nail art is on them. I'd honestly try and keep your hand in with enhancements, I'd love to be good at free hand painting style of nail art. That takes me back to a question I asked before. Do you do just flat colours to turn out so many sets or do you make custom sets to order and if so, what do you paint on them design wise?

i don't do flat colours, i hand paint flowers etc, christmas, easter, valentine designs. loads of different things. i can't understand why people say they are so damaging tho, most of my friends have them and their nails are still perfect when soaked off.

Latest posts

Back