Please remind me about the order in which to apply Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura h

Reaction score
Hi

Having not done any gel nails for 6 months as I have just had a baby please can anyone remind me if this is the correct order for brisa gel p & w
prep and tipp
bonder layer
builder layer on zone 2&3 carve out tip
white gel to tip
top gloss

Have I missed anything??? Sorry my memory is failing after pregnancy!!
Also is it ok to use paint on white from akzents on the tip with other brisa products??? I have always used the white gloss on tips but was wondering if Brisa paint on was strong enough on its own.

thanks in advance
Laura

Hi

Having not done any gel nails for 6 months as I have just had a baby please can anyone remind me if this is the correct order for brisa gel p & w
prep and tipp
bonder layer
builder layer on zone 2&3 carve out tip
white gel to tip
top gloss

Have I missed anything??? Sorry my memory is failing after pregnancy!!
Also is it ok to use paint on white from akzents on the tip with other brisa products??? I have always used the white gloss on tips but was wondering if Brisa paint on was strong enough on its own.

thanks in advance
Laura

Hi Laura

Did you not receive a video or instruction book with your kit, I did but having said that I got mine some years back.

I wouldn't mix brands it's not worth the risk of a breakdown in service.

You do need to scuff the nail prior to applying bond and I'm not sure what you mean by 'carve out the tip'??

hi Louise

We have moved house since having the baby and goodness only knows were my instructions and video went. I am sure I had one with the kit!!! I meant about carving out the tip , i wipe builder gel from this area so the tip is not thick (hope this makes sense)

Laura

hi Louise

We have moved house since having the baby and goodness only knows were my instructions and video went. I am sure I had one with the kit!!! I meant about carving out the tip , i wipe builder gel from this area so the tip is not thick (hope this makes sense)

Laura

Oh dear - well hopefully it will show up at some point.

All tip work needs to be done prior to applying any product - i'm still not sure what you mean my carving the tip - do you mean replacment of the lower arch if you've filed it out?

If your having to wipe gel off then try putting smaller beads of gel on less waste less cost to you.

sorry not making myself to clear! I was taught not to apply the builder layer of pink on the tip but to remove it with some scrub fresh. Basically leaving an almost carved out area to place your white gel. This will mean the tip wont be to thick.

Laura

sorry louise just noticed the extra message from yourself. I am now even more confused as they are doing the white first and then the pink after. Oh no getting myself in a right muddle now!!!!

Is it me or can you do it either way??????

Laura

sorry louise just noticed the extra message from yourself. I am now even more confused as they are doing the white first and then the pink after. Oh no getting myself in a right muddle now!!!!

Is it me or can you do it either way??????

Laura

People do it in reverse i.e. zones 3 , 2 and then 1 (free edge) or white first

I prefer to apply my clear first (scrubbed in) then apply white using the sculpting white and then apply pink and add a thin layer of clear - refine the shape and then apply gloss.

HTH

You can apply your sculpting gel both ways... either white first in zone 1 then pink/clear in zone 2 or apply your pink/clear and use your brush to shape zone 2 before applying the white to zone 1.
There is no real right or wrong way, I personally prefer to do zone 1 first when doing pink and whites.

thanks girls, I really worry myself sometimes with my memory.

Do any brisa users know if the paint on white is strong enough to be used on its own (never tried it myself)?????

Do any brisa users know if the paint on white is strong enough to be used on its own (never tried it myself)?????

if you built your apex correctly with pink or clear then yes.

As long as it remains in zone 1 you should be fine, as the real strength of the structure lies in zone 2.

thnaks everyone. can i just ask would this be the correct procedure for using pow on gel p&w
clear bonder layer
pink builder layer
buff nails
apply pow in 2 thin coats
clear coat- do you need this layer????
gloss top coat

Hope this makes sense as i have 2 kids interrupting me ( think the baby has just eaten some paper) and I cant think straight!

Thanks
Laura

Everyone has their different ways and order of doing things. Mine is

Prep
Liquid bond
Pink bonder layer
POW in one thin layer
Clear builder layer
Buff
Finishing gloss

thanks, will have a go at this tommorow

Laura