Please will somebody, anybody, critique me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
Help please. I keep posting and people look and don't say anything !!!

So here goes !

These are clear gels with perfection tips on my neice. She has extended hyponychium and diabetes.

There are four fingers that are like ski lifts and I had problems getting the tips to stick, I think infuture I will sculpt..................

Any help would be appreciated.

From this picture most of the nails look very flat and i can see six that look like they all are in need of an apex,
they look to dip intead of slightly dome if that helps hun :hug:

im off to your profile now to see if you have any pics from a different angle.

Hi hun, I did notice the ski nails:lol: the way to tip these is to take of all the free edge then do a custom blend to lengthen the nail bed.
Back to your nails, I like them, side walls are nice and straight, good apex on the thumb nails and they are all the same length. Well done:hug:

I agree.
Good effort. Nice and straight
but
Need an apex and if a coverage pink had been used, you could have extended nail bed.

Keep up the good work.

:hug:

Thanks Guys. I will talk to my trainer about 'custom blend' I was worried about taking to much free edge due to the hyponichium and I know that they were flat. I'm so worried about my timing that I am slipping up on correctly getting the apex right.

I have extended hyponichiums under some of my nails and although I am fine with tips I prefer to sculpt my nails. I take as much free edge as I can away and tailor the forms to fit around the hyponichium so that the form is as perfect a fit to the underside of the free edge as possible and also to stop the forms from being uncomfortable. Then just sculpt as usual.

:hug::hug:

Thanks Guys. I will talk to my trainer about 'custom blend' I was worried about taking to much free edge due to the hyponichium and I know that they were flat. I'm so worried about my timing that I am slipping up on correctly getting the apex right.

Hi Why are you so worried about your timing? Concentrate on getting everything else right first, forget the timing. You will find it coming down automatically as you become adept at each stage anyway. Its no good skimping on quality to be fast. It will come, believe me.
Karen

a nice effort, I looked at them in full size (a great picture) and as well as what has been said a few of the tips are not the correct size.

I'm being picky on your behalf.

I hate ski jumps too

Hi:)

Im a newbie so my opinion doesnt matter too much but I think they look pretty good.

I noticed the ski jumps. I think overall its pretty good considering your fairly new right?

Check out my pic of l+p. Your doing better that me LOL

Yes, I agree with all of the above. Lovely effort though. Well done.

Latest posts

Back