Pocket lifting only after 3rd or 4th rebal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailartist

Reaction score
I'm so embarrassed to have to ask this question, but what is up with my clients who get the pocket lifting only after the third or fourth rebalance? They're doing great for those first rebals, virtually no lifting, and then they sit down for that next appointment, and it takes me twice as long to do the prep work because I'm filing most of the product away on half of their nails because it pocket-lifted!

I'd like to start scheduling one hour appointments for everyone (currently 1hr. 15min.), but I end up needing that extra 15 minuites for more clients than I'd like to admit to.

One idea that's occurred to me (and I think I'm going to make a whole other thread about it): my brush loses quite a few hairs by the time I've been using it for two months. Can this be affecting my mix ratio so much? I mean, I look at the bead, and it LOOKS like it's supposed to, but...

Any helpful comments are appreciated!

Pocket lifting, although certainly a consequence of a too wet mix ratio, can also be caused if you 'swipe' your smile line and wet the natural nail in zone 2 when doing it. What happens is that your monomer bonds to the surface and then when you add the product bead in zone 2, it does not bond as well because the monomer has already done the bonding thing. Sometimes it can take a few weeks to loosen and lift. Length can also be a culprit if the client has got a bit slap happy and is wearing the enhancements longer than when she started out .. too much pressure at the ends of the fingers. Is it on all nails or just a few?

It's usually just a few nails that the problem occurs. I am a smileline swiper/tucker, but I try so hard to get as much liquid out of the brush as possible (could be why I'm loosing bristles!). But I still sometimes see that zone 2 is a bit wetter-looking than it should be. Maybe I should go back to using a scrubfresh brush.

Of course, many of my "problem" clients throw freight for a living! Gee, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?? I also have nailbiters, hand-washers, heavy typers--you name it. And it doesn't matter how much I educate them about Solar Oil. "I know I should be using it, but I just forget!!" The ones that do use it are my star pupils, so to speak. I think it might be time for another price increase, eh?

The thing is, I'd never let one of these ladies go. I love them all to bits--they just don't take care of their hands and nails as well as they should. And it's not like I could send them to anyone else, because who else is going to take care of them as well as I do? Nobody in this area, for sure! :)

Thanks for the troubleshoot, Gigi. It's so much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back