Polish Pro NSI

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raya

Reaction score
Hi I have recently brought the polish pro collection by NSI, decided to go with them as i love the acrylic products and although have tried other companys have always gone back to them. anyway, i done 3 sets of manicures with the polish pro followed it it the T and all 3 sets chipped within the first week, i feel seriously disapointed and since have read several threads on here about it!
Should have gone with Gelish but now have 10 bottles of coloured polish pro gel and really dont want it to go to waste am in a quandry any advicexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:zzz:

i cant help am sorry but am watchin this thread because i have found exactly the same problem.
it doesnt stay on me more than 2/3 days before the free edge lifts and i've tried it on 3 other people, all had the same lifting of the free edge and chipping.
i bought the nsi lamp thinking that would solve it (although nsi state you can use any 36w lamp) and still the same.

am tempted to buy a bottle of shellac to sample but then ill av to buy the lamp just to try 1 bottle n thats a very expensive sample lol

OMG It is so depressing to think we have spent all this money on a product we believed in! thanks for answering i was thinking on going with shellac till i saw about the lamp, think im going to use gelish as have only heard positive comments re this.

the pedicures i have done seem to last longer what do you think - should i still use polish pro for the pedi's as what am i going to do with it all!???

xx:zzz:

OMG It is so depressing to think we have spent all this money on a product we believed in! thanks for answering i was thinking on going with shellac till i saw about the lamp, think im going to use gelish as have only heard positive comments re this.

the pedicures i have done seem to last longer what do you think - should i still use polish pro for the pedi's as what am i going to do with it all!???

xx:zzz:

i think im gona bite the bullet n save up for the cnd lamp then invest in the shellac, as the the polish pro i personally wouldnt keep just for pedicures coz what if your client asks for matching finger nails?
cant really say no coz it chips can we. maybe find someone thats getting on alright with it and sell it on?
or maybe ebay it? naughty i know but i think its naughty that it not giving the results it promised!

I've just invested in Polish Pro and I tried it on myself first of all. Admittedly two of my fingers (my index fingers) chipped but I think it needs practice to get it super thin too. The other fingers were perfect up until I took it off.

Like everyone had said about other systems - it doesn't make your nails any stronger so if the nails are brittle (like mine) it is going to come away.

x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hi girls not sure why your polish pro has chipped, ive been testing it out and so far its been great, over a week now no lifting, chipping etc.Ive been really pleased and had so many comments that people are asking me when Im going to start, just seeing how long i get.Only problem i had was when i was using acetone i got some on my nails and it took a small patch on the tip.
I make sure the cuticle is well pushed back, nail bed is slightly roughened then dehydrated before applying.When i first had a go it rippled slightly but was too thick, but Ive been so impressed.so waiting to see how many weeks i get from toes so i can definately be sure for my clients.One tip i did get was capping only the base and top coat i dont cap the colour coats.Not sure if this will help or not.

K :)

thanks for that info, i really dont get it tho coz i follow those application tips and its just not happening for me.

I have found there has been a change in the directions for application of polish pro.....originally the method and instructions suggested by NSI were to cap the free edge with base, colour and top coat.

But now, I have recently found out (through a training day at NSI with Gemma Lambert) , that they suggest as a new directive from America to only cap the free edge with the top coat.

I think capping with the colour coat gives way to lifting. So I would tend to agree with Kalybell!

Why not contact NSI direct, I'm sure they would be most helpful!

I've been using PP for a while now and have had no problems and it is lasting the full 2 weeks, even more.

I only cap the base and top coats, not the colour coats.

Are you applying it thin? I know we think we are but sometimes if we try, we can actually go thinner.
The only reason that I have heard of others having chipping problems is cause it's applied to thick and the free edge has been capped with the colour.

Is it pooling at the free edge somehow and getting a slight bump? This too could cause chipping I would think.

I will actually admit, I go against the advice and I do NOT buff the natural nail and I just do a good prep to get rid of all the cuticle, then I give the nail a good scrub with Nail pure plus to dehydrate it and get it really clean of debris and then I start to apply and I still have had no problems with lifting, chipping, peeling etc.

I suggest to go and do some 1 on 1 training with them and trouble shoot, don't give up on something that does work well, it's just you have to find out why it's not doing well for you.

I find with the polish pro that it Can be quite thick so while I am prepping the nails I sit the bottles of polish pro in hot water. By the time you come to apply it it really does thin out and make it easier to apply.

Hope this helps

thanks girls i will keep trying.

will try the sitting it in water as it is so thick.

still gonna try gelish so let you know who i get on.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks girls i will keep trying.

will try the sitting it in water as it is so thick.

still gonna try gelish so let you know who i get on.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Some of this has already been mentioned, but here are some troubleshooting tips:

Prep issues. SOLUTION: If you are using Vanish to remove the cuticle, make sure it is COMPLETELY removed prior to Base Coat application. Don't just swipe the nail plate with Cleanse. Use a scrubbing motion with your Nail Wipe and be sure to get into the side walls and anywhere the oil from Vanish could be hiding. Many techs are skipping Vanish and opting for a true "dry manicure", which could be a good option for anyone having issues with lifting and peeling at the cuticle area. NOTE: This same scrubbing motion (into the side walls and along the free edge) should be done with Nailpure Plus to ensure a well-dehydrated nail plate prior to application.

Application issues. SOLUTION: Be sure to leave a tiny margin around the cuticle and sidewalls to prevent lifting.DO NOT cap the edges with your color coats - just the Base & Top Coats. When applying color, do a clean swipe and don't let color build up at the free edge.

Curing issues. SOLUTION: Be sure you are using a 36-Watt full hand Versa Cure UV Bonding Lamp (or similar quality full hand lamp). Also, make sure your bulbs are not due to be changed. Bulbs should be replaced every 3-6 months, depending on usage.

Also, be careful about warming your Polish Pro. I'm told that this can speed up evaporation of the solvents, which will leave you with gummy and even thicker Polish Pro over the long run. We did change our brushes, and that made thin applications easier to achieve. Are your Polish Pro brushes black or clear/white?

thank you for your reply they are clear so must have new ones, i find the colour very thick and watched video and she wipes the brush both sides several time and when ive done this there is not enough on brush to cover nails so this is confusing me a bit, will keep tyringx

Are your Polish Pro brushes black or clear/white?

The first intro kit I got has black brushes and the french colors has clear/white brushes. Clear/white = new brushes?

thank you for your reply they are clear so must have new ones, i find the colour very thick and watched video and she wipes the brush both sides several time and when ive done this there is not enough on brush to cover nails so this is confusing me a bit, will keep tyringx

The first coat will look VERY translucent (almost a little streaky). That is OK. You will get full coverage with the second coat. Keep trying to go thinner and I think that will help.

The first intro kit I got has black brushes and the french colors has clear/white brushes. Clear/white = new brushes?

Yes, you got it. The clear/white brushes are now in all colors (as well as the Base & Top Coats).

I also wanted to ask - are you shaking up the bottles of color before application? That can help so that they don't seem so thick.

I have bought 2 bottles to try but found difficult to apply and read all bottles now have new brushes. My brushes have clear sticks with black brushes at the end. Are they the old ones or new ones? x

I have bought 2 bottles to try but found difficult to apply and read all bottles now have new brushes. My brushes have clear sticks with black brushes at the end. Are they the old ones or new ones? x

Those are the old brushes. You can get replacements for them. From whom did you order your Polish Pro?

Those are the old brushes. You can get replacements for them. From whom did you order your Polish Pro?

I have a few like this too. Who do we contact for a replacement brush?

x

Latest posts

Back