Polish Pro NSI

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few like this too. Who do we contact for a replacement brush?

x

Karen, you can contact the distributor you ordered the Polish Pro from and if you have any issues, can PM me directly.

i think im gona bite the bullet n save up for the cnd lamp then invest in the shellac, as the the polish pro i personally wouldnt keep just for pedicures coz what if your client asks for matching finger nails?
cant really say no coz it chips can we. maybe find someone thats getting on alright with it and sell it on?
or maybe ebay it? naughty i know but i think its naughty that it not giving the results it promised!

If you don't mind mixing system just get the relish base and top and use your polish pro color. The gelish base stick so well with your nail. Or if extreme case then use it with probond just at very tip and the side of the tip. For easier soak off then you layer nail varnish base coat in the middle area of the nail not up to the edge. This way you get to keep your color you invested

If you are using PP on clients, I do NOT (along with most techs) recommend becoming a "messer" and mixing your brands.
You run the high risk of having problems in the short and long term with product breakdown, incorrect curing, over exposure etc and another very important point is, if you advertise a PP service and you mix brands, you are not being truthful and offering a FULL PP service and this is not what a client pays you for.
A client pays you to use the FULL system that they trust has been tried and tested with mega dollars by the company that makes it, to ensure it works correctly and then you as the tech, are responsible to pass this on with offering the correct full product service.
No company is going to spend heaps of money testing out if a bit of this or that is going to work with their system, they test their entire system and make this system works correctly.

I can't recommend highly enough, to go for some one on one training with NSI and get some training in how to use this product before ever becoming a "messer" and mixing your product.

Yes, I will agree, PP is quite thick and to be honest, I hope that NSI are listening to us techs when we tell them it is too hard to work with because it is so thick and please make it thinner, so maybe in the future they will make it thinner but for now, it does work, you just have to work a bit at it, to get it nice and thin.

Thanks for the reply about the Pro Polish brush. I was very confused as thought I had the old brushes so I rang NSI today who told me I had got the new one so I thought it was just me thinking the new brush too was rubbish. I will try NSI again tomorrow and see if they'll send me the new one. x

hi raya dont know if your still watching this post but just to let you know i did swap for the shellac in the end the lamp is great i love it, and the shellac its self is much easier to use,

i have filed the sealed edge off slighly on 2 nails wen removing a set of acrylics on a client and it hasnt lifted or chipped at all, i've also caught the free edge of 2 other nails and had to file them shorter, and again the shellac has not chipped or lifted.

i found a tutorial on here from gigi and after 3 goes at it i got the results above

love it love it love it,hard choosing the colours coz i want them all!! wearing red baroness at the mo

only 1 i got a bit of a problem with is black pool, it seems thinner and its got a bigger brush (i prefer the smaller 1) cant seem to get a nice coverage with 2 thin coats, any tips anyone?
thanks

I had nothing but problems with this product on the hands but total success on the feet. I have totally given up on the hands and now use Gelish which i love. ;)

Can I just ask, will the normal 36 watt NSI lamp work to cure this polish or do you need the versa bonding lamp as well? :)

Can I just ask, will the normal 36 watt NSI lamp work to cure this polish or do you need the versa bonding lamp as well? :)

If you have the older NSI Ultra Pro lamp, that should work fine as well.

In fact I have just got off the phone with NSI and they have said it doesn't even have to be an NSI or any brand lamp just a 36 watt.........I am a little confused because other people are telling me my lamp which is non branded but still a 36 watt is not adequate......can anyone help before I shell out over £100 for a branded lamp unnecessarily?

In fact I have just got off the phone with NSI and they have said it doesn't even have to be an NSI or any brand lamp just a 36 watt.........I am a little confused because other people are telling me my lamp which is non branded but still a 36 watt is not adequate......can anyone help before I shell out over £100 for a branded lamp unnecessarily?

This is what corporate NSI says about curing Polish Pro on our web site:

Be sure you are using a 36-Watt full hand Versa Cure UV Bonding Lamp (or similar quality full hand lamp). Also, make sure your bulbs are not due to be changed. Bulbs should be replaced every 3-6 months, depending on usage.

This is what corporate NSI says about curing Polish Pro on our web site:

Be sure you are using a 36-Watt full hand Versa Cure UV Bonding Lamp (or similar quality full hand lamp). Also, make sure your bulbs are not due to be changed. Bulbs should be replaced every 3-6 months, depending on usage.

When you say 'or similar quality full hand lamp' will the NSI 36 watt full hand lamp that is on your website to buy work as well? The reason I ask is that the Versa lamp is not on your website....?? :confused:

Just one more question.....why would corporate NSI be giving people incorrect information, shouldn't they be corrected?

When you say 'or similar quality full hand lamp' will the NSI 36 watt full hand lamp that is on your website to buy work as well? The reason I ask is that the Versa lamp is not on your website....?? :confused:

I have been using the 36 watt full hand lamp, same as the one on the website.

NSI are, or were, running a special offer package with a trial pack of polish pro and this lamp, so I can't see why they would inculde it in the polish pro special offer package if it wasn't up to the job of curing polish pro :confused:

I have been using the 36 watt full hand lamp, same as the one on the website.

NSI are, or were, running a special offer package with a trial pack of polish pro and this lamp, so I can't see why they would inculde it in the polish pro special offer package if it wasn't up to the job of curing polish pro :confused:

Thanks for the info, that makes sense! :lol:

Just one more question.....why would corporate NSI be giving people incorrect information, shouldn't they be corrected?

Who did you call? The NSI corporate website is NSI – Professional Nail Care Products – Advanced Products. Professionally Preferred.. We are a US-based company. Did you call our US office?

We purchased Pro Polish and a UV lamp in a package deal offered by NSI distributors in Manchester earlier this year and have not yet had one successful set of nails despite many calls to them, different advice, changes in brushes etc etc. We then left the Pro Polish, but recently thought, that with Christmas coming we would give it another go...complete disaster. It either chips or it peels off in sheets.
Any advice greatly received as we are getting no where quick. We are being told that there is no problem with Polish Pro and that there have not been many complaints - reading this forum I doubt that very much!
All advice gratefully received.
Thanks

To change to Gellish or Shellac would my team need to go on a different course?

We purchased Pro Polish and a UV lamp in a package deal offered by NSI distributors in Manchester earlier this year and have not yet had one successful set of nails despite many calls to them, different advice, changes in brushes etc etc. We then left the Pro Polish, but recently thought, that with Christmas coming we would give it another go...complete disaster. It either chips or it peels off in sheets.
Any advice greatly received as we are getting no where quick. We are being told that there is no problem with Polish Pro and that there have not been many complaints - reading this forum I doubt that very much!
All advice gratefully received.
Thanks

To change to Gellish or Shellac would my team need to go on a different course?

The first thing I will ask is, have you tried the new Renew drops?
Are you using the WHOLE system and I mean right down to everything NSI, no short cuts and using something from Gelish or Shellac etc.
What lamp are you using? Is it a NSI Ultra Pro or the older NSI lamp or is it a generic brand lamp?
There could be many reasons why PP is not working but it doesn't automatically mean it's PP's fault.

I have been using PP since it's launch and not yet had any problems apart from the product went a bit thick toa pply but my clients nails still stayed perfect but NSI helped me sort this out and I was back on track with no problems since.

I do think that people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon that it's the products fault v's having a really good look at if it's something the tech/client is doing to cause the problem.

If you want to run through all your steps incl prep and after care, I will see if I can troubleshoot with you, if you would like.
I'm not saying it's you or your fellow techs in your salon but in my experience so far when trying to troubleshoot with techs, in the end we always find something that the tech is doing or not doing or a product they are using they shouldn't be that is causing the issues.

It could be a simple thing of the product being applied to thick or needing new bulbs.

I have clients that go 3 weeks with PP on and have no issues at all apart from regrowth. I would prefer them to return after 2 weeks though but if they want to stretch it out to 3, I have full confidence in PP that it will last the 3 weeks:)

You can PM me if you would like any help at any time:)

I found that on clients with thinner or brittle nails an extra coat of colour and or topcoat made a huge difference

Just commenting to save this thread as I'm a nsi lover and want to try out polish pro again! Haven't had much luck with it but am going to wait till the vat free day and restock and get the renew drops. Think mine have gone a bit thick in the freezing cold of my garage!

Think mine have gone a bit thick in the freezing cold of my garage!

That definitely wont help :lol: I learnt a long time ago, the hard, embarrasing way, that leaving products in the boot of a car to get cold on a winters night was not a good idea.

I am trying to decide which colours to add. Am hoping the ski bunny collection gets released in the UK sooner rather than later. I do think the current colours are a bit limited, mainly because a lot of them I know my Clients would balk at.

Having bought the vintage accessory which went really well over Christmas am wondering which other to get from the accessory range for more summery look.

Latest posts

Back