Poll Credit crunch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you Feeling the Credit crunch

• Yes - salon (for those who own or work in a salon)

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • yes - mobile, home salon (for those who do mobile etc)

Votes: 41 26.3%
  • No - salon (for those who own or work in a salon)

Votes: 40 25.6%
  • No - mobile, home salon (for those who do mobile etc)

Votes: 26 16.7%

• Total voters
This is a worrying time, with talks of a recession ahead, it scary, i remember the last 90's recession, my dad nearly lost 3 big business's.....i was a rebelious teenager, thinking of only myself.....now I know the worry my dad went through....:|:!:

I think this is only the beginning, with xmas rounds the corner, thats when purse strings will be pulled....We are almost fully booked for xmas & new year, but I've taken non-refundable deposits on those app's, I have found before, when some over spend on xmas shopping, they just don't turn up for treatments!!

We are still very busy and hoping it will continue to be, still have regulars & new clients coming weekly through the door.

One client said, cause of all this on the tv news, it's so depressing, she loves to come and have her nails done, & have a chat with the other clients, as it makes her day..and if your feeling a little low & depressed inside, there's nothing like having nails, beauty & hair treatments done to cheer ourselves up & feel glam on the outside!

I know what she means....My weekly hair app would be last thing i'd give up, it so picks me up at the end of my working week, especially after a
''i feel low & fed-up week''.

One thing people should always remember before entering the Tunnel of Doom and Gloom is that no 2 Recession's are the same. Usually their strength is down to the state of the economy prior. Thankfully under this Goverment and Tony Blair we probably haven't had such a strong and prosperous few years ever with the Country's economy and finances. This for me will have a serious effect on any Recession we experience.

OMG!!!!
My roots!!!!
can you fit me in?:)

Of course we can, we never turn anyone away. Shall me and one of my Stylists meet you half way at the M62 Services?

i have only been mobile since may, so prob can't really say, but all of june/july were mad busy and i was loving it but i have had no clients for the last 3 weeks, i have got 2 sets of gel on friday so lets hope it picks up now.

Maybe it was just busy because of the holiday season and now thats coming to an end, who knows.

Ive only been mobile since July I was mad busy July and August and the last 3 weeks ive been the same just got me 3 regulars. Not had any extras.
Hoping itl start picking up too. coming up to christmas should pick up. i hope :eek:

I voted no but either could apply to me as although I have not noticed any difference in my regular clients, they still come the same as they always have there has been a lack in new clients for more expensive treatments like facials, pedicures etc.

Nearly all of my new clients are for eyebrow waxing !

I agree with this, my regulars are also still coming in as normal but i must admit, we havn't had as many new clients ringing up over last few weeks. I've just handed my notice in to day and going to start up on my own and im worried with all this credit crunch.. but when is the right time to do it ? this vould go on for years :(

sarah x

Yes same here September was dreadful, this week is quiet again. Regulars are coming back just not as often and I don't know where all the new clients have gone:cry:

Peaks and troughs for me. Mainly noticed people moving appointments on and extra week to tie in with pay days.

Other than that I have stayed busy...this week has been the worst. Last week looked really bad yet by the end of the week I had made more money than any other week I have been open so far!!!

Many clients are not having luxury holidays and so are treating themselves more to spray tans etc.

Not long till xmas anyhow...and no matter how skint everyone is they always find the money at xmas!!!!

Have had a really busy summer so I can't say the c crunch affected bookings then, but it's calming down now. However our salon is always quieter come october, and dead in november as everyone is Christmas shopping, so I'd be surprised if I was busy then. But it always goes mad the last week or two before Christmas.
Let's hope things don't go downhill next year. . Good luck everybody :) x

I am also starting freelancing, home-based and mobile.Being on my own with 2 children I have no idea how the credit crunch is going to affect me. Again I don't think there is a good time or a bad time to start a business.I think it is more to do with where you live and the services you providing.More special offers in your price list and let's hope and pray.....:):):)good luck....

September and more so October, I have found are generally quiter months, a bit like January and February.....people start holding back on things for the Festive Period.

The salon I am working in seems a bit quieter than usual but on looking at the figures for the same period last year, the figures are up.

I don't think it's down to the so called Credit Crunch, it's just that time of year.

It's been quiet in the Salon throughout October, listening to your advice and holding on!:|

I'm a no too my businss is usual for this time of year, its not mad crazy but I'm paying the bills no probs.

I've been quiter these last 3 weeks but as said before, Oct and Nov are always quiet months for us. We have decided to do a promotional evening for a new treatment we are going to start offering in Nov to keep people interested xx

Im just having the usual, quieter October, im not worried:)

Found it quiet in October but getting back to normal now and have plenty of bookins for december already. :)

I've had my best week for ages & took £1100 last week, which isn't bad considering it's just me on my own! I even sold £316 of Decleor products to one person early in the week, so I say don't let the hype get to you!

i thought it was the business about to go to pots:|but its looks like every one is wanting to hold on to there money right now, as i have been doing promotions of special offers, but no response. its just frustrating and not feeling busy at all and not seeing that i,m not earning.:cry:

Latest posts

Back