PopIt attempt........ pfffff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvanne

Reaction score
I did try out the PopIts today. My first nail looked great and I was astonished. Wauw what a result, could not believe it. But that feeling was gone wen I saw the result of my second nail the tip was to thin but underneed the tip there was a big homp of acrylic pffff had to soak the nail off. But still believed I could do it, the third nail was even worse, there was a gap between the natural nail and the acrylic :cry:. It took me about 2 hours to compleet a full set. Had to soak of 5 nails hahah. The set looks ok I love how smooth they feel. Did have some trouble with the PopIts sizes , there wasnt a PopIt big enough for my friends thumb, and on one nail I can see a inprint of the site skirt of the PopIt :mad:. So I do know what I am doing this weekend, Going to search for my practice hand and will practice till her fingers will fall off :lol:

Hi

Popits do take some time to master. Remember not to press down too firmly - only gentle pressure is needed and you can always trim the skirt if you wish before applying to the nail.

Do a search on popits and you should be able to find all Geeg's tips! Hope this helps!

Same here, my second attempt was ok, maybe were trying to hard to get beta ??
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Jules I think I was pressing to hard and that because of that the acryl came out underneed the tip. Nailique I tought I was the only one that had problems with the PopIts glad to hear that is not the case. I think after all the first set pics I was to optimistic and did not realize it took some practice

Thanks Jules I think I was pressing to hard and that because of that the acryl came out underneed the tip. Nailique I tought I was the only one that had problems with the PopIts glad to hear that is not the case. I think after all the first set pics I was to optimistic and did not realize it took some practice

Of course it takes practise ... it is a completely new way to apply L&P!

If you can do it once perfectly, you can do it again.

if you see a slight imprint on the sidewalls because the size was not quite right ... Just file it as you would usually. It is quick enough to buff and won't waste much time.

Practising on yourself is not as easy as doing it on someone else at first.

THE RULES

1. The right size PopIt - (Fitting from side wall to side wall with little pressure)

2. The right amount of product - (One bead - enough to cover zones 1,2 &3)

3. The right amount of time to let the product start to polymerise - (5 seconds or more)

4. The right amount of pressure - (very light)

Don't give up! Rome wasn't built in a day! I would ot practise on the nail trainer ... use your friends and willing customers. Much more realistic way of practising.

Thanks Gigi , can you tell me how to get the product on the sidewalls, its like my brush cant make that angle. when I try it from the sides my brush makes a dent in the middle section. When Itry it from the center my brush cant reach all the PopIt. I did buy the Popits from ebay because we dont have them in the Netherlands perhaps they are fake, Hope not the seller said that they are the real PopIts

what this says to me is .........
you did something right the first time....
then you blew it
so it's obvious it works, you just have to practise.

Walk before you run ..... have you had much experience with acrylic? your profile doesn't say much about you, nor do your past posts, only the fact you have bought from Ebay

Last edited:
Hello nailzoo, are you the one with all the youtube files? Love to see youre work. I had a full nail course with acrylic UV acrylic, gel and fiber. It was a very expensive well known course but the nailtechnician was horrible she was more intressted in her playing games on her computer then teaching us. The whole course was on a practice hand. After the course I walked in to all kinds off problems, a practice hand doesnt say anything when you do things that would be painful. I just didnt know what to do with a real hand., they have cuticles and they do bleed if you file over them. The nails looked horrible and I was in tears many times. I stoped taking cleints and was just practicing on me and my mom. A few weeks back I took a private training with a technician that felt sorry for me. I am not crying any more and my confidence is building. I am not where I want to be, but I know I will get there in time. She is the one how introduced me to CND for acrylics and Christrio for gel. And to be honest the nails I make now are ok, there not nails for a competition jet but one day they will be :green:

Hello nailzoo, are you the one with all the youtube files? Love to see youre work. I had a full nail course with acrylic UV acrylic, gel and fiber. It was a very expensive well known course but the nailtechnician was horrible she was more intressted in her playing games on her computer then teaching us. The whole course was on a practice hand. After the course I walked in to all kinds off problems, a practice hand doesnt say anything when you do things that would be painful. I just didnt know what to do with a real hand., they have cuticles and they do bleed if you file over them. The nails looked horrible and I was in tears many times. I stoped taking cleints and was just practicing on me and my mom. A few weeks back I took a private training with a technician that felt sorry for me. I am not crying any more and my confidence is building. I am not where I want to be, but I know I will get there in time. She is the one how introduced me to CND for acrylics and Christrio for gel. And to be honest the nails I make now are ok, there not nails for a competition jet but one day they will be :green:

yep, the youtube vids are my fault :)
glad to see you are taking your training that bit further, it's takes lots of time and lots of practice, it's a shame you didn't get the training you paid for, but keep on keeping on, i'm sure if a CND tech has taken your under their wing, they will guide you in the right direction, they all take pride in their work and the product.

yep, the youtube vids are my fault :)
glad to see you are taking your training that bit further, it's takes lots of time and lots of practice, it's a shame you didn't get the training you paid for, but keep on keeping on, i'm sure if a CND tech has taken your under their wing, they will guide you in the right direction, they all take pride in their work and the product.

The people working at CND here in the Netherlands are wonderful, very helpful if you have any questions. The nailtech who helped me did not want any more money for it! Its a shame that I did not take my first course with them, but the ones in the future will be. And yes I did loose a lot of money but learned a lot about human nature hahahahah

Latest posts

Back