PopIts Step by easy Step

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe an odd question but ....... how do you achieve apex placement on different length nailplates (which dictates where the apex should be), when the apex is almost pre-defined by the form itself?

The design of the PopIts has a vertical apex that runs from eponychium to free edge so that there is always more product in the center of the nail than at the sides ... Brilliant ... so strong and a beautiful side arch ... they produce instantly what we as nail technicians should always be aiming to achieve with a brush.

I have two clients in particular for whom I think "popits" may not work, but please correct me if I'm wrong because I would SO love it if they did, as these two go for the 'way-out' art and our sessions run a bit long.

They have NNO's, long nails like my own.
BUT
VERY VERY sharp C-curves. Naturally. The entire length of the nail, if that makes sense? So much so, I have to be careful when filing as most clients don't have that much of a curve, and these two; their curves fool me and what I would think was an apex I built is actually their own nails.

I dont know if these pictures help much, but these are the two I'm talking about.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...nieMarbledFRSuperKidIcecream.jpg?t=1196942063
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...nky mani/SharonFRmarbledblue.jpg?t=1196942102

Their NNO's are ultra thin. In fact, I don't build much of an apex on these two as they're very good with their nails and never break them (maybe the odd corner chip?)
If I were to use 'tips' on these two... I'd never find tips that curve as much as their own nails, not in a million years.

Let me know.

(not sure if I made much sense, it's 6:30am and not yet finished my morning coffee:irked::lol:)

If the natural nail has a more extreme curve than the PopIt itself, then they would not be suitable to use on them. You will be able to tell when you try the PopIt on them. Example, filburt nails would not be suitable candidates for PopIts.

I have two clients in particular for whom I think "popits" may not work, but please correct me if I'm wrong because I would SO love it if they did, as these two go for the 'way-out' art and our sessions run a bit long.

They have NNO's, long nails like my own.
BUT
VERY VERY sharp C-curves. Naturally. The entire length of the nail, if that makes sense? So much so, I have to be careful when filing as most clients don't have that much of a curve, and these two; their curves fool me and what I would think was an apex I built is actually their own nails.

I dont know if these pictures help much, but these are the two I'm talking about.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...nieMarbledFRSuperKidIcecream.jpg?t=1196942063
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b...nky mani/SharonFRmarbledblue.jpg?t=1196942102

Their NNO's are ultra thin. In fact, I don't build much of an apex on these two as they're very good with their nails and never break them (maybe the odd corner chip?)
If I were to use 'tips' on these two... I'd never find tips that curve as much as their own nails, not in a million years.

Let me know.

(not sure if I made much sense, it's 6:30am and not yet finished my morning coffee:irked::lol:)

Hi All,
I have watched this thread for weeks the build up etc. and am so interested but I live in Australia. Can you tell me if they are available here or how I can get them. I see the S2 website is not taking orders online till January...help
Thanks
Jens:)

Thanks Geeg!!

:hug:

When using this method, is it still the same way when you have to do fills? Or do you have to not worry about doing fills on the client?:rolleyes:

When using this method, is it still the same way when you have to do fills? Or do you have to not worry about doing fills on the client?:rolleyes:

Nails applied using PopIts have to be maintained like any other enhancement.

Rebalancing is very simple. You prepare the nail as always thinning the entire enhancement, but not too much. This takes very little time. Then you simply fill the PopIt with less product than you used for the full set and apply to the cleaned surface of the nail. The PopIt adds a thin perfect veneer of product and looks brand new once again.

Looks great but where do I buy them from? Do you make the nail on the popit thing and then stick it on the natural nail? Sorry if thats a stupid question but from the pics thats what it looks like.

I havent been on this site for ages but I will be buying some of these in the new year

Vicky

Have just been reading threads on popits and have obviously had my head elsewhere as i've not seen anything else about them anywhere. Overheard Samuel Sweet at Sweet Squared talking about them but didn't have chance to grab him to ask any more details and pretty much forgot about them after that........... Until Now!!! Does the new Sweet Squared brochure have details of them? Are there any training courses up coming that I can get myself booked onto with S2? Don't want to go anywhere else, am CND thru and thru :hug:
Does S2 still offer one to one training?
Kat xx
Kats Klaws (Leeds) Ltd

Hi i have been reading so much about popits they look fantastic! Could anyone tell me where can i buy these from and what do they cost? Are they reusable or disposable? Thanks

Hi i have been reading so much about popits they look fantastic! Could anyone tell me where can i buy these from and what do they cost? Are they reusable or disposable? Thanks

Just in case anyone else reads this... if you do a search on PopIts it will bring up Sweet Squared 0845 210 6060 and I think it is also page three or two of this thread. I don't think I'm allowed to quote priuces but do a search and it will give you this info. :idea:

they can be reused up to 3 times i think....after that they start to loose the shine thats left on the enhancement.

Although I am a fan of Brisa, I have used the popits a few times for clients that want stronger nails but only with white tips. I have read the tutorial but unsure about something (sorry, I might be in dim mode here), instead of using a white tip, if I wanted to use white powder instead. How do I go about finding a starting point on the popit for the white smile??? Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else, I very seldom use acrylics and only did a refresher course/conversion course in Dublin. Thanks vvv.much.

Although I am a fan of Brisa, I have used the popits a few times for clients that want stronger nails but only with white tips. I have read the tutorial but unsure about something (sorry, I might be in dim mode here), instead of using a white tip, if I wanted to use white powder instead. How do I go about finding a starting point on the popit for the white smile??? Sorry if this is obvious to everyone else, I very seldom use acrylics and only did a refresher course/conversion course in Dublin. Thanks vvv.much.

place the popit on the nail and mark the popit with a pencil where your smile needs to be.

Thanks for the reply. I thought I had read it somewhere, it just seem too 'simple' I assumed it would involve more work as you have to place a smile without the finger as a guide??? (if u get my drift??) I spose this is where I need to practise l&p without depending on the popits. Thanks a mill.

Thank You So Much For That !

Thanks for all the tips , it was gr8 meeting you. im in love with the popits, can get enuf of them.i will be doing some serious promoting this week!! thanks.. Cynthia-edinburgh.

Would someone be so kind as to post a photo of the "trimming of the frill or skirt" part? Or maybe just a detailed description, please? I haven't seen the "real" PopIts; I've seen a different brand, but are they all the same? The ones I've seen don't have what I would imagine to be a frill or skirt. Do I have to trim each PopIt for every finger?

Can you tell I'm wary of dipping my toes in, let alone jumping in cannonball-style? =P

Would someone be so kind as to post a photo of the "trimming of the frill or skirt" part? Or maybe just a detailed description, please? I haven't seen the "real" PopIts; I've seen a different brand, but are they all the same? The ones I've seen don't have what I would imagine to be a frill or skirt. Do I have to trim each PopIt for every finger?

Can you tell I'm wary of dipping my toes in, let alone jumping in cannonball-style? =P

The instructions are pretty clear and I'm afraid there is no pic of doing the trim.
If you are using the Edge Free Forms then it is up to you what you do.The Free Forms leave a considerable bump in zone 3 and are made of a flimsy cheap material which IMO is much harder to work with.

If You want to know about PopIts then I suggest you invest in some. The price is very reasonable and as you only use about 5-6 per full set, they do not add much to your service costs. The instructions for trimming are for PopIts which is the brand I promote ... I wouldn't give instructions for another brand.

Latest posts

Back