Positioning for eyelash extensions... magnifier?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get my positioning right at the moment when I am applying eyelash extensions.
I think to get a good view of the lashes I am leaning forward and thus causing bad back pain.
I was thinking of buying a headlight with magnifying glass to eliminate this problem-as its definitely not the chairs I sit in.
Does anyone use a headlight with magnifier?

Sounds like you need to get the client to shuffle further up the bed so that their head is very near to the end of the couch where you are sat,
the further up the couch you can get your client to lay the easier it is to see as you will be looking directly over and have a full view of there eyes, hth

i only ever advise people to use any magnification if they are used to using a mag lamp,
if you are not used to one you will poke your clients with the tweezers.

I bought some magnifying glasses from Nouveau and couldn't believe the difference they made! Stopped me getting a headache and made it so much easier. I got a thin overhead lamp from Ikea which is perfect.
I do have a mag lamp but i've never used it as i find it gets in the way, so even though i wasn't used to a mag lamp, i found the glasses helped enormously when lashing! :biggrin:

Also, is your bed up high enough? I find if I have the bed at chest height, Its the perfect level for me to not have to lean. Good lighting is also a must xx

Also, is your bed up high enough? I find if I have the bed at chest height, Its the perfect level for me to not have to lean. Good lighting is also a must xx

Chest height seems really high, but ill have a fiddle and see if that helps, thanks.
x

I bought some magnifying glasses from Nouveau and couldn't believe the difference they made! Stopped me getting a headache and made it so much easier. I got a thin overhead lamp from Ikea which is perfect.
I do have a mag lamp but i've never used it as i find it gets in the way, so even though i wasn't used to a mag lamp, i found the glasses helped enormously when lashing! :biggrin:

Thanks, im off to have a look at Nouveau's glasses now.
x

I also have the Mag glasses from the Nouveau Shop after Angelina recommended them to me and I agree 100% with her comments, made it so much more comfortable for me to work wearing them.

Latest posts

Back