Possibly moving to Doha! Can I still do nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gawjus36

Reaction score
My hubby has just had a job offer that, if accepted, would see us upping and moving from the UK to Dohar!! I currently do mobile nails to fit around my young family. Do any of you fabulous geeks know if I could work out there doing what I do now?
I'm just about to train with Brisa Lite smoothing gel to partner with Shellac and I do L&P and Minx too.

Any input will be gratefully received!! Xxx

Can I be an ignoramus and ask where is Dohar?

Just googled. Qatar?
Haven't got a clue but didn't wanna read & run. Xx

My hubby has just had a job offer that, if accepted, would see us upping and moving from the UK to Dohar!! I currently do mobile nails to fit around my young family. Do any of you fabulous geeks know if I could work out there doing what I do now?
I'm just about to train with Brisa Lite smoothing gel to partner with Shellac and I do L&P and Minx too.

Any input will be gratefully received!! Xxx

According to CND's website, there's a recognised Shellac Salon in Doha, and so I guess that answers your question really.

Hiiii, I'm sorry I can't really help you with your nail question but I thought I would comment.

One of my clients sons has just retired from a very good job in doha, both he and his wife have nothing but good things to say about it.

If you do end up moving good luck, and enjoy!

Jody

Thank you for your responses guys, see I can't even spell it correctly!! Very nervous!

Alex Fox lives there .... editor of SCRATCH!!!!! lol I'll ask her to reply!

Brilliant Gigi, thank you! Things are looking even better!!! 😊

Alex will reply ... just give her time to get my message ... she is a very busy lady .. but she is my friend. She will reply. She will help.

Thank you 😊

Hi Gawjus36,

I too am moving to Qatar in March and am a nail technician.

I believe that your hubby can sponsor you to work once he has his work and residence permit - he will be able to get more info from his employer once he starts.

My more pressing question was nail supplies - IPA might prove a problem due to the strict alcohol laws....cleansing in Vodka seems a little extravagant!!! lol x I have posted a question to see whether anyone is aware of where we get supplies from.

When are you moving?

Hi Amanda9990,
Thanks for your response x
We only got the job offer yesterday but they want him to start March 15th!!! Needless to say, negotiations are underway! We have three children aged 4, 6, and 8yrs, I can't possibly just pack up and run. We need to do some considerable research before we commit. Feel free to pm me to chat further xxx

Hi

I have been living in Doha for 6 years now

yes there is a distributor for CND here- in fact most nail brands are here - look out for a shop on Salwa Road called Nazih for nail and beauty supplies-

Doha is a tiny city - easy to navigate after a few weeks FYI

there are local and expat salons here

however, most expats run a salon from their houses in the compounds

as the pay to work in a salon is not huge here- so you're bound to set up in your home

and you'll find it fruitful as the gel polish manicure is popular here - you'll have a large regular clientele quickly

if you want further , more detailed info- please let's do it over email

email me on [email protected]

and pop over for a cup of tea when you arrive and i'll help you settle in - expats are a truly friendly bunch over here - it is a wonderful life*:green:

i live near Al Waab - Villaggio section of Doha

oh yes- make a note of my phone number then text or call when you're ready - i'm 00974 5559 3152

thanks love Alex

OK when researching

check out

DESS (Doha English Speaking School) and Doha British School (DBS)

DESS is the embassy school and great for Brits

DBS is the leading international school - where my 3 children go

check them both out- i can recommend them

hope that helps

please email me with any worries or questions on living in Doha

i am really happy to help

[email protected]

Wow, thank you Alex, I will be in touch via email shortly xxx

Wow, that's a quick turnaround - it's taken us an age to get the work permits and contracts finalised because they want everything legalised including birth certificates, education certificates and marriage certificates. My husband leaves this Saturday :0( and my daughters and I join him on 21st March.

Alex -I will definitely be in touch when I arrive and possibly by email beforehand to firm up a few queries. It will be nice to have another geek to talk to in Doha - all very scarey!!

Thank you for your responses to our queries - it's a relief to know I'm not alone!

x

I'm loving this thread, my hubby has also been in talks regarding a possible move to Qatar, I wasn't too sure but reading this I might need to do a little more research x

Latest posts

Back