Pre threading preparation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Hi All,

Yesterday I went on my threading course and learnt prior to threading area apply talc to remove any excess oil,
However after reading a recent thread regarding talc before waxing - cancer scares,:confused: do you think it would be better to use a pre wax cleanser on facial areas to be threaded?
I have never used talc prior to waxing and would hate to start if it has any risks!!

What do you threaders use prior to threading?

All/ any advice would be great.

Emma x:hug:x

hi, ive been threaded in india ,more than once and they use talc,
i also got waxed over there, a full body wax, legs, arms, underarms, bikini, and face, for £8.50, she had made the wax herself from sugar and lime , and keep it in a paint tin, she spread it on with on old butter knife, and wiped my skin with a used towel, but it was the best wax ive ever had, she also waxed my hands to remove dead and dry skin, this girl worked 10 hours a day for 5op a day, i now give free hand waxing
hope everything goes well, she showed me how to thread, tricky at first
love helen(f.w.e)

Talc is a naturally occurring mineral,Emma, it is safe, it is talcum powder that is the villain. When talc is mixed with other stuff it becomes talcum powder. See if you can purchase pure talc.

The lady that threads my brows, uses a small amount of talc, I will ask her what else you could use.

Well done on passing your threading, it should really open up some new doors for you :)

x

I was trained to use pre wax cleanser and the same after care products you would use after waxing,
was not told to use talc,
it was January 09 when i was trained, hth :hug:

Hi All,
Thanks for your replies,
Think I will try to see if I can find somewhere where I can buy "talc" from.
If anyone uses it or knows where to get it from please let me know - Thanks
Love Emma x:hug:x

Sallys sell it hun with nothing else added to it, hth

Latest posts

Back