Preferred Nail Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotallyObsessed

Reaction score
Hiya all geeks

I'm really new to nails and want to buy some good nail polish, but am totally confused on what product to buy. I know that the best option would to try them out and see what one I get along with, but, I was just interested in your views on the best products around.

there are just so many polishes out there. i do like the orly polishes. i've had my orly polishes for ages and they just don't seem to go thick which is great for me as i don't use my own products too often. i'm employed at a salon so they provide the products but when i want to use my fave polishes in my own time they are still in top condition. they give a good coverage too. i wasn't impressed with the star nails polishes. i bought loads when i first started as they are such a reasonable price but they've just gone thick and gooey - yuk ! the salon i work at uses toma, they are nice to apply too but the turn over on these are so quick in the salon that i don't konw what the shelf life is like.

anyway, after all that baffeling on i think Orly

lol

hi this is my first reply but really wanted to point out that in my books there is nothing to beat Creative nail polishes. Their colours are gorgeous and they go on smoothly, dry quickly and last brilliantly. I have tried orly but found it chipped easily - each to their own i suppose. I am totally sold on all creative products and can't find anything else to compare. Keep trying them all and you will eventually get the one you like working with. Good Luck.

Hiya,

I too like Orly and find they give a really good coverage with just one coat and the colours are fab, i also like The Edge and Creative too

Amanda

Dont want to conguse things but I love OPI

I love Orly and I'm just starting to build up my collection of Creative and equally love that.

I Love Essie Polishes - slightly cheaper than both OPI and Creative and IMO go on better, dry quicker and last for ages!!!!

I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to let me know what you think about nail polishes. It's true I do need to try some various ones to see what i get on with, and I also agree I brought a starnails polish and it did go lumpy very quickly but that was a dark colour and apparently they go thicker quicker.

I think I might buy one of each brand and take it from there.

thanks

got to be orly for me too! its fabno thick...goopy....polish anymore!!

I'm an Orly girl too - my clients love it. Once they have bought one they keep coming back for more!! That gripper cap is great too, makes it really comfortable to hold, and easy to get the lid off when your hands are slippery after doing a hand massage lol! I also use the Orly Bonder which really helps to stop it chipping and peeling on natural nails.

Most of my polishes are Attitude (Star Nails). I bought them on B1B1F at Sally's but I have stuck with them so far because I do like them. Some of the darker colours can go a bit thick (although of the 40 ish colours I have, this only seems to have really happened with 'damson wine') but all in all they have worked very well for me and stayed on well. I also buy Nail Basix polishes from the US. They are 98 cents a bottle and seem to last OK, but be aware that what they show on screen is often not what they come out like. If you can I would always see a polish on (either with a tester or on a colour pops type display) before you buy, or see them in person at least, as screen or printed representations are usually quite poor and have left me disappointed in the past.
I am STILL searching for a brand that does a 'sherbet' range of colours (pastel pink, blue violet, yellow, green), the only ones I have seen this colour are the expensive polishes used with the Easy Nail Art kits. Likewise I have some 'commerical' nail polishes in my own collection (Rimmel, Miss Sporty etc) which I wish I could find in a professional range - things like more glittery colours, and Rimmel do a fab deep purple with turqouise glitter in it.....
I will possibly switch to a slightly more expensive brand in the future, but so far I have yet to find another brand which satisfies my rather picky nature about colours. I'm such a pain!!

i am still training and use attitute polishes from star nails. i find that they last really well and they have a great selection of colours. i also use creatives "out the door" as a top coat and i've had no complaints (or chips).

emma

Like you all say, each to their own - I have used Attitude - last o.k., better than Orly - not a huge fan. Most of my polishes are OPI - do not think you can beat them!

Got to be Cesars secrets for me they go on really smooth and stay nice and shiny

Jackie

Latest posts

Back