Pressing Dried Flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karenlaw

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone tried pressing their own small dried flowers for nail art? I have a small flower press and it got me thinking that maybe I could dry/press my own flower?

Has anyone tried this?

Karen

I'm sure Gloria (Glorsclaws) did a lot of pressed flowers (I'm sure if it was her, if not someone please correct me!!)

Dried flowers have been very popular for nail art, chose some pretty, small flowers to press, they look nicer than the bigger petalled flowers I have seen encased on nails.

:)

I'm sure Avivajoy (a fellow geek in Israel), also presses her own dried flowers.

Hi,

Has anyone tried pressing their own small dried flowers for nail art? I have a small flower press and it got me thinking that maybe I could dry/press my own flower?

Has anyone tried this?

Karen

Hi Yes I do dried flowers all the time I have pressed them. They were forget me nots your sitting in the garden most the day thought and they only grow spring time. I pop the heads of the stems and then put them inbetween kitchen roll and put them in a heavy book for about 24hrs once dried you place them in wet polish and topcoat over them(hope this has helped.)
alisonx

Hi Alison,

Thanks for the tips :) I thought I would have to press them for a few weeks. 24 hours sounds great! I hate waiting for things :) I'm hoping to press some over the weekend.

Latest posts

Back