Private Beauty Schools

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jognd

Reaction score
Hey Everyone - can anyone recommend (or not-recommend) any private beauty schools.
i was thinking about doing some further training with Victoria Kay School of Beauty but would rather hear some other recommendations before going ahead?? has anyone trained with Carlton Insitiue etc.....!:hug:
I live in Suffolk but would be prepared to travel if i needed to!
thanks guys!!
x

I did a couple of courses with Carlton in Windsor a few years ago and IMO at the time the training I received was very poor. Feel free to PM me for further info!

Not sure how far you would travel, but I can highly recommend the Brentwood Academy in Essex! Fantastic training in all areas or nails/beauty/holistic therapy. hth

Hi, i have been to Carlton Institute and Ellisons. I ahve to say the training i received was very good, but i have to say i am always asking lots and lots of questions as i always want to know every little detail. I cannot complain about any of the two institutes and i also have to say that i did go further and do the extra IHBC certificates so that i carry on with the study at home to get a more recognised qualification. I think at the end of the day take it all in, ask as many questions as you can and do lots of home study so that you are very knowledgable about your chosen skill. Hope this helps, Louise x

I am going to be studying Beauty Therapy at Champneys College in September. Champneys is expensive but I have done my research and understand the training to be excellent although the course is heavy going and very intensive.

I did make enquiries about the Carlton Institute, in fact I received some more mail from them today. I was going to study NVQ level 2 Beauty Therapy with them. My concern with Carlton though is that the actual on site training only takes about 5/6 days with them and then you are on your own basically.

You are expected to do all your practise on your own to build up your portfolio in preparation to take your NVQ exam. If you are making errors during your time away from college, then there is really nobody to observe you and correct those errors, thus you continue to make them.

The Carlton course is about half the price of the Chamneys course which is the equivalent of NVQ level 3 and at Carlton you are only at the college for a total of 5/6 days whereas at Chamneys I will be there for 3 days of every week for eight months. IMO I also think that Chamneys has a far better reputation based on my experience of what I have heard and seen.

This is JMO but I hope it helps. Feel free to pm me. xx

I am a graduate of Champneys - pls be aware reputation of a multi million pound BUSINESS does NOT equal quality training!

I am a graduate of Champneys - pls be aware reputation of a multi million pound BUSINESS does NOT equal quality training!
Sorry, I am a bit confused bexi. Were you disappointed with your training?

Have you looked at the education section on the links page. Vanity Beauty Academy in Hertfordshire runs NVQ nail and beauty courses. Might be worth calling them.

Jenni x

I can highly recommend the Pinks Academy in Derby, excellent training and very very small groups. Couldnt fault it.

The Essex School of Beauty at Canvey Island - great for beauty training and very intensive!

For nails - Creative x

Latest posts

Back