Pro Impression Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some gel won't cure properly with French tips. I use pro impressions and have no problem with them. I use nsi balance gel over them. Are you making sure your free edge is strong enough. How long is the clients free edge.

In my experience the only way the tips will chip etc are if there isn't enough product on the free edge to support the tip.

On next application, I will add another layer of gel, and see if this is the case. But it sounds like it could be this, that is at fault here. As I hear pro impressions are very good, so this was why I was confused to why only days after application, the tips snapped!!

Thanks for your replies ladies x

Going against the grain of replies here but i've known a few people to have problems with pro impressions white tips and gel.

I don't use them so cant say why but i've always assumed that certain gels just don't adhere very well to the pro impressions white tip... especially as the light cant penetrate through them to cure the gel from all directions, the opaqueness of a white tip will mean the gel can only cure from the top.

I'd say, if you were going ok with your original brand of tips, go back to using them. If it aint broke don't fix it style :D xxxx

We were taught to use clear tips ...worth having a try with these x

Going against the grain of replies here but i've known a few people to have problems with pro impressions white tips and gel.

I don't use them so cant say why but i've always assumed that certain gels just don't adhere very well to the pro impressions white tip... especially as the light cant penetrate through them to cure the gel from all directions, the opaqueness of a white tip will mean the gel can only cure from the top.

I'd say, if you were going ok with your original brand of tips, go back to using them. If it aint broke don't fix it style :D xxxx

That does make perfect sense. I have brought the natural tips from pro impressions too, so naturally brought the white aswell, to have the same brand. But I think I will stick to the other white tips, and just have the natural from pro impressions :)

This is just my personal opinion but I wouldn't use white tips with gel no matter what brand I was using (i use nsi gel) just because I couldn't guarentee no problems.I know a lot of people have problems with gel seperating from the white tips or the gel hasn't cured properly so I would always use a white gel over a natural tip which I do use pro impressions & have done for more than a year with no problems.
I don't even use there clear tips as I had a problem of the tip was cracking & breaking underneath the gel leaving the gel behind when it broke I found the problem was to be using nsi sanatizer & nail pure plus apparently these have some sort of reaction with clear tips &.cause problems.x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

This is just my personal opinion but I wouldn't use white tips with gel no matter what brand I was using (i use nsi gel) just because I couldn't guarentee no problems.I know a lot of people have problems with gel seperating from the white tips or the gel hasn't cured properly so I would always use a white gel over a natural tip which I do use pro impressions & have done for more than a year with no problems.
I don't even use there clear tips as I had a problem of the tip was cracking & breaking underneath the gel leaving the gel behind when it broke I found the problem was to be using nsi sanatizer & nail pure plus apparently these have some sort of reaction with clear tips &.cause problems.x

Ahhh good advice. Thank you :) x

You're welcome I'm glad I could help.x

That's really odd as I use NSI gel over pro impression French and clear and they always hold their own. Pro impressions are really thin but durable. I would only use those or the nsi pearl tips as they are the same thickness. I can't say for other gels over the top but nsi does work over them. Make sure you do take the shine off and your layers aren't too thick. X

[QUOTE=Nails yes I do know other techs that use them without any problems at all but as I said its just my personal choice to not use that method for gel I have & do use white tips with acrylic but i prefer not to if I can

Latest posts

Back