Problem with lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annemac

Reaction score
I would love some advice please, i have a client was nails always lift in exactly the same place every time. I have checked my prep and asked her what she does. She has admitted she never wears gloves when washing up or cleaning, she uses bleach alot and i was thinking maybe it was this. None of my other clients get lifting like this, they get a little bit of lifting by the time I do the infills but nothing like hers.
I am at a loss as to what it might be, I have asked her to take care of her enhancements and wear gloves but I don't think she ever will and she has said she knows and understands that I have to done her nails more often because of it but I would love to try and stop the lifting and she would not have to spend so much having them done so often, sometimes I have to do her nails once a week and sometimes she can go two weeks.
Thank you in advance for any help. xxx

Hi, It is a shame, as we try and educate them so much, but unfortunately they dont listen. You have tried everything, but people still think that enhancements are indestructable.

Hope this has helped. Have a great day.:)

I used to have several clients that would get a strange sort of lift and I wonder if your client is like this: ?

The lifting wasn't really severe but it was the pattern of the lifting that was significant. It was in each corner of the eponychium but never in the centre. When filed away, it left the shape of the product in that area almost triangular.

What was causing this pattern of lifting was 'torque' pressure. In other words twisting movements with the fingers. Ladies who have the habit of twisting a washing up cloth or wringing it really hard put pressure like this on their nails. Ladies who work in clothes shops and who are always doing up buttons and zips etc. Young mums who are always dressing young children and using their fingertips to undo and do up baby buggies and the like. Lady golfers often get this pattern on their little finger .. something to do with the way they hold and swing a club.

I don't think it is anything that you are doing .. it is what they are doing with the TIPS for their fingers and they most likely don't even know they are doing it.

Ask the appropriate questions and if they are dong things that involve their finger tips more than most ladies then your answer to this problem is easy ... their nails need to be shorter ... in fact very short or they just need to accept and put up with the problem.

These are not real nails ... they may feel like it and if they are lucky, look like it, but they need to pay attention to how they use their hands.

Hello!!!

I too had the same problem with one client, which really baffled me!! She would always come back with lifting and a couple missing (sounds awfull and rather embarrasing:cry:) but the ones that were missing had alot of damage to the nail plate!

I had other clients that came back regulary and never had lifting and i did exactly the same routine to her that i did to them!!

I asked her the usuall questions, double checked my prep and gave her a aftercare leaflet but to no avail!!

I got so embarrased and ashamed that i couldnt rectify the problem i asked her if she would like a set by my master tech that worked in my salon!

She agreed and from then on had NO problems what so ever (thats why shes a master and im not i suppose tho)!

I still feel disheartened by the situation to this day!!

I hope you find a solution and geeg's advice is always a fab help (what would we do without her and everyone else at that matter:)!!)

Sarah xx

I was just wondering? Are we being a little too hard on ourselves to expect absolutely "no-lift" from a set of nails after 2 weeks? I have been doing nails for 7 years and I nearly always get a small amount of lift on my left hand, index and middle fingers, as I am left handed. This has driven me mad over the years but I am learning to accept that this is due to wear and tear on this hand and these fingers in particular. This could be due to me not getting the right pressure from my "wrong" hand when applying to my left. When I say lift, it is only about 1mm. My clients seem to ok after 2 weeks but I do see this "1 mm" area of "lift" occassionaly.

How does everyone else get on? Do some of you experienced techs still see "some" lifting occassionaly? Don't get me wrong I strive for perfection and will continue to do so but it would be comforting to know that other experienced techs do come accross this issue from time to time?

I have read geeg's book and numerous threads re lifting so I do know all the reasons. I guess a lot of the cause is how they are looked after by the client. So, to cut a long story short, if you are doing everything correct it really can only be down to the aftercare and there is little you can do other than keep pushing aftercare advice.

Thank you so much ladies this has helped me so much. I am doing this ladies nails tomorrow, I will let you know how I get on.
Geeg great advise as usual she looks after her mum so does alot of cleaning so you may be right, I will ask her about it and she does have her nails alittle longer than I would like so I will suggest a little shorter and see what happens.
Again thank you I knew coming on here would help. xxx

Latest posts

Back