Quantcast

Problem with White tips & wraps..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Is any one familiar with Stars white tips? I was trained that you don't pre-taylor the tip as to keep the perfect smile line. But some ladies with v small nail beds the tip just overtakes the nail & I am not happy with the finish :| . Do creative tips have a smaller well area compared to Star and do Creative advise you to pre-taylor the tip when using Fabric#? If some one could help would be v please :p
 

alib

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2003
Messages
51
Reaction score
1
Location
Reading, Berks
Fab Freak said:
Is any one familiar with Stars white tips? I was trained that you don't pre-taylor the tip as to keep the perfect smile line. But some ladies with v small nail beds the tip just overtakes the nail & I am not happy with the finish :| . Do creative tips have a smaller well area compared to Star and do Creative advise you to pre-taylor the tip when using Fabric#? If some one could help would be v please :p
HI, I have used Star & Creative white tips and like you I trained with Star and was told you don't need to bother pre tayloring. However you get a much nicer look if you do pre taylor and also you can get the tip to fit the size of the nail plate, as you mentioned some people do not have much free edge or have small beds.
Creative tips don't have a smaller well as far as I can tell but look great under the Fabric# once pre taylored.
Hope this helps
Allison ;-)
 

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
10,231
Reaction score
442
Location
Lellipop Land
Fab Freak said:
Is any one familiar with Stars white tips? I was trained that you don't pre-taylor the tip as to keep the perfect smile line. But some ladies with v small nail beds the tip just overtakes the nail & I am not happy with the finish :| . Do creative tips have a smaller well area compared to Star and do Creative advise you to pre-taylor the tip when using Fabric#? If some one could help would be v please :p

Hi,
I also have used Star white tips and do at times have to pre-taylor them.
I think that because there is so many different shaped nail beds, that with any make of tip, A little adjusting may have to be done :)
I have found that if you file the well out at about a 40 degree angle that you will keep the smile line pretty good.
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Thanks for the tips Lesley & Alison (he he sorry bad joke) will take this onboard and have a go. Cheers :p
 

Nailsinlondon1

CND Shellac Ambassador
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
7,494
Reaction score
393
Location
Greven, Germany
Hi girls,
When ever I use a french tip, no matter from which company I pre blend..........
It takes the well area out, defines the smile line and gets rid of the horrid ghost line........
that shadow that is caused by just taken the tip out of the box and sticking it on.........
JMHO
 

Fab Freak

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
3,326
Reaction score
70
Location
Bondsville, West Yorkshire
Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi girls,
When ever I use a french tip, no matter from which company I pre blend..........
It takes the well area out, defines the smile line and gets rid of the horrid ghost line........
that shadow that is caused by just taken the tip out of the box and sticking it on.........
JMHO
Hi Ruth, I always blend the tip to thin it but have never touched the well area b4. Will have a try tonight. Thanks
 

maddie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
I have been using well less white and natural tips which save the hassle of blending and taking away the well area, a quick buff and they are ready. :)
 

Little Angel

Well-Known Member
Premium Geek
Joined
Jul 28, 2003
Messages
3,197
Reaction score
136
Location
Lincolnshire, England
maddie said:
I have been using well less white and natural tips which save the hassle of blending and taking away the well area, a quick buff and they are ready. :)
Hi maddie which company supplies them?
 

maddie

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2003
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Tracy Mclean said:
Hi maddie which company supplies them?
Hi Tracy if you speak to Karen at Nails Plus Beauty she had them in stock a few months ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top