Problems with boss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelica

Reaction score
A month ago I started working at a franchised salon/spa. The manager was on holidays when I was hired and I had no problems until her return. When she came back, however, she started telling me about all of these complaints from clients regarding me, some of which had gone to the head office. She is now refusing to give me hours until I can come in on my own time and bring in a model to practice on.

She couldn't give me specific dates for the complaints, and when she tried to do so I had to remind her that I wasn't working on those days. I contacted head office to find out about the complaints, so that I would know how to improve... only to find out that there were no complaints filed! Now there's an investigation being launched!

I never wanted to cause a problem, and now I'm worried about what will happen if my boss was lying about all the complaints, and if I still want to work there at all. Any suggestions or words of wisdom?

This is a classic case of bullying, I dont think you have done anything wrong to find out what you have done and when. we are all human and this is a natural reaction.

I so smell a nasty rat though

It could be that you were hired when she was away and thinks her authority has been questioned
it also could be jealousy

Do not worry it will all come out now it is the open

Last edited:
I agree, you havent got a thing to be worried about.
I assume if they have a head office then this must be a large company, so procedures will be followed and as an employee you have every right to contact head office and also it might be worth you speaking to personnel, they are there to advice you.
I used to work as a manager in retail and know that there are procedures to follow, did you have a contract of employment? if so, she cant refuse to give you hourse just like that.
I would advise that you stay put for now, it may work in your favour, even if she is a manager a large company wont want this kind of person as their representative. Do they have another salon close by that you could transfer to if things were that uncomfortable?

Sounds to me like she has been under-mimed in her salon, showin she is in charge or even you were employed with her say so and shes trying to make you walk.

I personally would stand firm.

Good luck hun

you must feel really uncomfortable, but really its not your fault.

what she has done is completely out of order, and it is her who is in the wrong.

Hi Angelica

As one of the previous posts says please stay put in this job, which I know must be very difficult for you if you are being made to feel really uncomfortable.
I don't think this is about you at all but about your boss having her nose pushed out of joint and about her not being in control of the situation, unfortunately for you, you are being used as a scape goat!

More than anything though do not let this bully undermine you and give you any doubts about your proffession.....it is she who has the problem and not you.

You have obviously done absolutely nothing wrong and must stand your ground.

Good luck hun and let us know the outcome!!

Caroline x

I was once bullied in my job (i was a hotel receptionist and it was the chef believe it or not who was bullying me) it got really personal and i used to cringe at going to work and i ended up leaving cos of the stress. Please DONT do this as ive regretted it all my life that I wasnt strong enough to ride it out and see him get his just desserts!! God i sooo wish i had. Stick to youre guns hun and if there is an investigation and there are no filed complaints about u, this manager must be absolutely s***ing herself, cos she'll know that her job is on the line for tellin porkies to you. What goes around comes around, you watch....
xxxx

Latest posts

Back