Product change over NSI - CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashastalons

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Been thinking of changing over from nsi to cnd but am unsure what to do.
I have been using Nsi for over 3 years but have noticed a few probs with it.
Last winter I struggled using it, where it was cold it took longer to cure which I think caused a lot of lifting which I dont usually get.

My old collegue from the salon I used to work in came to see me the other day and said she reckons something is up with the nsi products and they have switched to Creative and she says has had no problems, which is making me think my life would be easier and clients happier!
But Creative is so much more expensive so would have to put my prices up!

Anyone have any views on this or has experienced the same?

Cheers ladies & gents!

Define so much more expensive?

When you break it down to a cost per service the increase if there is one is literally pennies.

I used NSI previously and every client who came back had some issues - OK it was likely down to human error as well as product. Each client was taking more time and more product to sort issues.

I changed to CND and my returning clients had much fewer issues - taking less time and less product.

So which is now more expensive?

you wouldnt necessarily need to switch would you?? you could offer both - one a higher priced top end product and marketed that way. You could offer your current clients a special price to try CND then if they love it and find it so much better they may be happy to pay a higher price :)

I wasn't aware that the products were priced much differently. I have bought both and have switched from using primarily CND to primarily NSI, I use the same amount of product and my orders haven't been any cheaper since switching. I also think the last post about offering a "higher end" product are quite silly. Firstly imo NSI is just as high quality as CND, but besides that fact why wouldnt you want to market ALL of your services as higher end? Personally I wouldn't bother offering (or marketing for that matter) any service I thought was low end and cheap.

I wasn't aware that the products were priced much differently. I have bought both and have switched from using primarily CND to primarily NSI, I use the same amount of product and my orders haven't been any cheaper since switching. I also think the last post about offering a "higher end" product are quite silly. Firstly imo NSI is just as high quality as CND, but besides that fact why wouldnt you want to market ALL of your services as higher end? Personally I wouldn't bother offering (or marketing for that matter) any service I thought was low end and cheap.

Thanks for that!! I was just saying you could offer more than one product and wouldnt necessarily have to switch. I know nothing about NSI so was just basing the 'high end' comment on the posters point that she would have to offer a higher price for CND.

I also want to convert, I don't find the prices much more expensive and my reasoning is that if I have no problems with CND then it will work out better as I will get more repeat clients and spend less time sorting out the lifting (the problem I have with NSI).

I would convert in a second but the only thing holding me back is the prices of the conversion courses esp the Gel one, the L&P isn't so bad until you remember that if you do both it works out at X amount... :(

I also want to convert, I don't find the prices much more expensive and my reasoning is that if I have no problems with CND then it will work out better as I will get more repeat clients and spend less time sorting out the lifting (the problem I have with NSI).

I would convert in a second but the only thing holding me back is the prices of the conversion courses esp the Gel one, the L&P isn't so bad until you remember that if you do both it works out at X amount... :(

But is the cost of the course, not basically the cost of the kit so you are getting product as well as training.

Thanks for your replys!

Natural nails you have made a good point, if I wasnt to get as many probs with Creative it would save me in time and money which would be heaven!

I think I will buy a small amount, buy a new brush and try it out on a few problem clients (meaning lifting lol)

Do you think I should soak off and just start with new cnd overlay or rebalance over nsi with cnd?

I was thinking of using both but using nsi on the clients I know have no problems & creative for clients that get lifting. But this may get annoying and in the end id rather use one product.

Thanks for your replys!

Natural nails you have made a good point, if I wasnt to get as many probs with Creative it would save me in time and money which would be heaven!

I think I will buy a small amount, buy a new brush and try it out on a few problem clients (meaning lifting lol)

Do you think I should soak off and just start with new cnd overlay or rebalance over nsi with cnd?

I was thinking of using both but using nsi on the clients I know have no problems & creative for clients that get lifting. But this may get annoying and in the end id rather use one product.

Hi Tash - we have an excellent CND EA in your area and the conversion cost is excellent because you get the entire products needed FOC. Simply email me [email protected] if you need more info! ;)

Can i just add that your lifting probs arent due to product. NSI is a good product and so is CND. I have used both and had probs with lifting with CND.

But! it wasnt CND, it was me! (and clients using weird herbal complexion medecine) once i sorted out the prep the prob was solved.

FWIW I use NSI now as its cheaper (i dont buy in bulk as one man band setup working part time) and NSI delivery is free.

However I do use CND for alot of other bits including polishes,shellac,minx

x

Hi guys!

Been thinking of changing over from nsi to cnd but am unsure what to do.
I have been using Nsi for over 3 years but have noticed a few probs with it.
Last winter I struggled using it, where it was cold it took longer to cure which I think caused a lot of lifting which I dont usually get.

My old collegue from the salon I used to work in came to see me the other day and said she reckons something is up with the nsi products and they have switched to Creative and she says has had no problems, which is making me think my life would be easier and clients happier!
But Creative is so much more expensive so would have to put my prices up!

Anyone have any views on this or has experienced the same?

Cheers ladies & gents!

Have you tried troubleshooting your lifting issues with anyone at NSI?

Latest posts

Back