Product diversion - buying from non authorised sources

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry but some of these are far too log to keep my attention but I just have one question.

If you are a disp. for a company even though someone bought products from somewhere else and s**t hits the fan why would you not still try and troubleshoot with them. because they didnt buy from you thats crap and get your head unstuck. I have known disp that have tried to troubleshoot another lines problems just to help out.

This site sometimes makes it very hard to come on too if you are not in the uk it is globally and should be treated in that respect.

In the US we are by far having the highest lay off and unemployment rates ever companies are pulling out of here to other countries to save money we feel the crunch our own country doesnt even support us completly sometimes we need to what is best

sorry but some of these are far too log to keep my attention but I just have one question.

If you are a disp. for a company even though someone bought products from somewhere else and s**t hits the fan why would you not still try and troubleshoot with them. because they didnt buy from you thats crap and get your head unstuck. I have known disp that have tried to troubleshoot another lines problems just to help out.

This site sometimes makes it very hard to come on too if you are not in the uk it is globally and should be treated in that respect.

In the US we are by far having the highest lay off and unemployment rates ever companies are pulling out of here to other countries to save money we feel the crunch our own country doesnt even support us completly sometimes we need to what is best

What is best? For who and why?
Maybe you should read all the thread hun it may make more sense then x

I think you are way wide if the mark on this one Becca. I've no problem coming on this site and offering advice to anyone (whether they purchase from me or not), regarding the products I distribute. If I have some spare time (me not my employees), then I'll offer advice where I can.

But you have to realise, I run a business - not a charitable organisation that is funded by the government. The business is built and supported by one thing - product purchases. Where I would have a problem is continually "supporting" an individual who chooses to make their purchases elsewhere, but may not receive quality support from them.

Asking me to "get my head unstuck" is a little personal. Perhaps you should as Judy suggests read the entire thread.

If the thread is too long to keep your attention then I'm afraid that's not my problem.

Regards

acually I read all most all of it and understand the points of views but still feel heads need to get unstuck

I have ordered things from the uk never thought twice couldnt find it here.
Hey I guess we all can live in our own seperate countries and not realize what else is out there.

The original post was a person in the states asking for a way to order products a question that is asked very often that she could not find and has turned into an uk vs. the world on importing and exporting of products. This whole thread has gone on a huge rampage for what?

This thread is a good reason why it has been stated many times that this is a hard site to visit when you are outside of the uk. Yes, I have ment some wonderful people here and I can just ignore the topics that are not what I am looking for

acually I read all most all of it and understand the points of views but still feel heads need to get unstuck

Hey I guess we all can live in our own seperate countries and not realize what else is out there.

The original post was a person in the states asking for a way to order products a question that is asked very often that she could not find and has turned into an uk vs. the world on importing and exporting of products. This whole thread has gone on a huge rampage for what?

This thread is a good reason why it has been stated many times that this is a hard site to visit when you are outside of the uk. Yes, I have ment some wonderful people here and I can just ignore the topics that are not what I am looking for

Yes the thread has changed direction from the first couple of posts, but is that really so bad? Can't see where the harm is myself........

It has at no time been a "rampage", more of a lively debate. I think you'll find most people (certainly the ones who have contributed to the thread), have learned something.

It had also been - until your post - in entirely good spirit.

Cheers

This thread is a good reason why it has been stated many times that this is a hard site to visit when you are outside of the UK. Yes, I have met some wonderful people here and I can just ignore the topics that are not what I am looking for
Sorry but I have to disagree (without wanting to go off on a tangent)...

This site is only hard to visit if people allow it to be, there's nothing stopping our members discussing things that pertain to the industry in their particular country, in fact I think it should be encouraged as it would give all of us a better insight into the nail/beauty/hair industries elsewhere in the world.

:hug:

Well I'm not in the UK and have never found it hard to visit this site, in fact I usually visit it several times a day & thank my lucky stars that I found it.
The thread may have changed from the original post, but the original post has been answered, and there is now a valid discussion going on that it seems many wish to take part in.

too bad I replied to this thread in the very beggining.
Just a different point of view different opionion.
I never said i didnt learn anything I just found the comment made was very ignorant concidering I have known reps to help others even with different brands. I understand your frusteration but even if they buy the products else where but book a class for your education arn't you making money also?
I guess I have just had good people in my life that I am thankful for.
As far as it taking a different course start a new thread.

Fianlly made my way through all the posts and I find it necessary to put my 5 cents in as well!

In some ways I am in a unique position, having trained in the UK and bought my original products from there I can understand the points being raised about importing to the uk. But now I live in Canada I can aslo see other point and totally agree with some of the things that Vitoria has mention. As a CND trained nail tech that is in touch with a CND supplier here in Clagary and CND in America I was amazed when I was sent a product catalouge from CND HO which gives the purchase prices for CND in Canada to find that they are double the price than if I lived in the US. I too like Victoria am not as million miles away from the US border. I have looked in to the "master" qualification offered by CND and I can do l&P and Gel here in Calgary but for natural nail care, the nearest educator for Masters is in Montana, where the courses are half the price! So whilst I am there bloody right I am gonna stock up on cheaper CND items and bring them home.

At the end of the day everyone in this industry is trying to make a living from doing what they do, and whilst there are more and more NSS opening up that can provide the same services for half the price then you are always going to get professionals that will try to compete with this by getting their prodcuts cheaper. This isn't going to change until the idustry as a whole in every country is bought in line to operate with the same standards, rules and prices.

I know in the UK the distributors for some of the brand names, CND, EZflow, NSI to name but a few will not supply to anyone who is less than professional in terms of having had some nail education in one form or another (and I totally appluade you for this)but that is not the same here in Canada and I am sure not the same in other countries either so whilst we can continue to buy from whoever we want to we will.

too bad I replied to this thread in the very beggining.
Just a different point of view different opionion.

No, similar comments had already been made in previous posts - just that they structured them in a non-confrontational manner.

I never said i didnt learn anything I just found the comment made was very ignorant concidering I have known reps to help others even with different brands. I understand your frusteration but even if they buy the products else where but book a class for your education arn't you making money also?

Already answered this one, but just for you here goes again:

If someone books onto a class with a UK authorised Educator, but has purchased the products from "elsewhere", then the Educator is within their rights to refuse to teach that person with those products.

Reason? Have you ever heard of counterfitting? Or replacing a quality product, with an inferior one? No? - Well it happens. Why should the eductor be put in a compromising position?

I guess I have just had good people in my life that I am thankful for.

What a strange comment to make.....

As far as it taking a different course start a new thread.

Thanks for the tip.....

Just out of curiosity Derek, do you not supply kits with your education classes?

Just out of curiosity Derek, do you not supply kits with your education classes?

Of course we do, and that system ensures we can provide a guarantee for the products, as we then know where they originate from.

Unfortunately some of my UK counterparts have had technicians demanding to be educated using products/kits sourced from abroad/wherever.

That's an uncomfortable position to be in.

Cheers

I am VERY dissappointed to see, BeccaBoo, that you have taken this thread and made it negative and confrontational.

I am more than certain that I voiced more than one unpopular opinion and yet, no is aggrieved with me. Do you see me arguing? No, I'm having a mature debate, discussing views, asking questions, offering answers of my own. I dont think I was negative (BUT if anyone found me to be, I do apologize)

You are more than welcome to voice opinions BUT it's all in how you say it.

We're all adults here, and can "agree to disagree" while still appreciating other's points of view and PERHAPS learning from them. No need to get personal with people.
It's a business discussion and should stay that way.

There is absolutely no need to get nasty, and make comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Perhaps you might visit the chit-chat forum and take note of a thread that Oey reminded us of "Give Thanks To Geeks". Some food for thought there.

As for not reading the whole thread... why complain and be negative and confrontational, and make the comments that you have WITHOUT knowing all the facts?

I think a great many of us have learned many things from this thread. I also think people will learn from it in the future. I think it has a true value on this site, sorting out many questions many of us have had.
I've been here for a little while and UNTIL THIS THREAD, didn't understand the UK side of things regarding diversion and shopping overseas....
and what all the hubub was about. I may not agree with everything, but at least, I do understand the other side of the coin.
And I can only hope that my posts, have shown techs/distributors another side as well.

anyway, I've blathered on long enough.
Take what you will, and try to make this a learning experience, a positive one.
Negative energy is a wasteful thing.

victoria for world leader! sorry adele:lol:

Of course we do, and that system ensures we can provide a guarantee for the products, as we then know where they originate from.

Unfortunately some of my UK counterparts have had technicians demanding to be educated using products/kits sourced from abroad/wherever.

That's an uncomfortable position to be in.

Cheers
Yup totally agree with you on this one. I can't imagine doing a training course that comes with a kit and demanding that I get my own - doesn't make any sense as from experience the kits are usually far better value for money if they are part of a training package - or the training is free when a kit is purchased. Perhaps these people need to be told, if you want to get your own kit thats fine but the price of the training stays the same regardless.

victoria for world leader! sorry adele:lol:

You're NUTS :lol: I have enough migraines (but thanks for the compliments LOL)
In any case, if I was world leader, i wouldn't have time for "Secret Santa", now would I? (which reminds me, need to get cracking on that LOL)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

WOW 6 Pages, never thought that the one reply i sent would lead to all this.
I'm a debate starter!!!
Jen

I am VERY dissappointed to see, BeccaBoo, that you have taken this thread and made it negative and confrontational.

I am more than certain that I voiced more than one unpopular opinion and yet, no is aggrieved with me. Do you see me arguing? No, I'm having a mature debate, discussing views, asking questions, offering answers of my own. I dont think I was negative (BUT if anyone found me to be, I do apologize)

You are more than welcome to voice opinions BUT it's all in how you say it.

We're all adults here, and can "agree to disagree" while still appreciating other's points of view and PERHAPS learning from them. No need to get personal with people.
It's a business discussion and should stay that way.

There is absolutely no need to get nasty, and make comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Perhaps you might visit the chit-chat forum and take note of a thread that Oey reminded us of "Give Thanks To Geeks". Some food for thought there.

As for not reading the whole thread... why complain and be negative and confrontational, and make the comments that you have WITHOUT knowing all the facts?

I think a great many of us have learned many things from this thread. I also think people will learn from it in the future. I think it has a true value on this site, sorting out many questions many of us have had.
I've been here for a little while and UNTIL THIS THREAD, didn't understand the UK side of things regarding diversion and shopping overseas....
and what all the hubub was about. I may not agree with everything, but at least, I do understand the other side of the coin.
And I can only hope that my posts, have shown techs/distributors another side as well.

anyway, I've blathered on long enough.
Take what you will, and try to make this a learning experience, a positive one.
Negative energy is a wasteful thing.

Victoria, If you know me and ever read things that I do post I give many thanks to others for their help and have a very positive attitude towards things. I just found a comment that was made to be ignorant and didnt understand why. I dont see how one comment can make everything all bad. I read most of the thread and I am thankful for the questions that you brought to the table. Like I said I learned alot from both sides on this also.

Latest posts

Back