Product strength!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a client, a beautician/cosmetologist, trained in nails. She used to have her nails done at a local salon, no shape, no apex and very thick, the product is Alessandro. The nails all lifted bad from cuticle area, and they overfiled the nails, but she never broke any nails...

I have tried CND l&p on her, but with to much water (and too little solar oil I think) they were wrong for her.

Then I changed her into Brisa, there is no lifting from cuticle area at all, but on her indexfinger (assume this is the finger next to the thumb) and both thumbs, product seems to lift from the edge eventhough I cap very very thoroughly and I have tried to build a mm more FE to avoid this... Further more she breakes a few each week (always the index or next, sorry don't know the english names for hose fingers) They are not to long...

Shellac isn't working either, she breakes the nails with that too...

She uses those fingers a lot, for picking at the hard wax etc. so I know some of it is her fault.

My problem is WHY can't i make it last on her??? She refers a lot of clients to me, and to loose her as a customer would mean much to my business (she refers 3-6 new clients a month)

I hate when she points out she never had any breakages with the old product, and that the never lifted from the ends, hurts my professional pride LOL. But I feel lost, usually I solve lifting problems etc. within one or two appointments, but this lady puzzles me, and I feel I'm letting my brand down too...

Any suggestions will be very welcome, as she just wrote me to say she might give up on nails....:sad:

She must like something about you if she is recommending clients to you at that rate!

She most likely got into the habit of using her nails quite hard with the other product that did not break etc. This is not always good thing, a product that has no give and is so strong.

SHE is the one breaking the nails not you. Maybe swallow your professional pride and make them thicker just for her -- she is obviously used to it. Even if you do not personally like the look .. my motto is whatever it takes!!! Do it. You could try applying those nails she breaks with PopIts ... they never break .. or build by hand the PopIt shape with the central vertical apex. It is very hard to break a nail with a central vertical apex (which is why I always build my nails like that.

She does like what I'm doing and thinks I'm very good (she's the reason I have gained so many clients in my new salon without advertising yet, she has had a salon in this town for 17 years, wellness, and stopped doing nails completely when I started and send all clients to me:D), that's why I really want to make her nails problem free, eventhough I know she's not making it easy for me...

I have actually tried building popits shaped nails on myself, free hand I love the look.

She has very flat nails, a tiny bit skilslope, and I was also afraid to build them thick incase they started lifting, but will try your advice, have to practice that spine down the center of the nail.

Thank you for your advice it's very much appreciated...

I have a couple of hairdressers who are hard on their nails, one of them is a picker as well! I have found, after trial and error, that their nails thrive on being a bit thicker. I just make sure that they are thin enough at side wall etc but a sharper angle to the apex if you know what I mean. We have no lifting at all and only a breakage when trapped in car doors! :D

Thanks, will try to do that, I think the fear of me doing them to thick, is due to what she had on before, so need to do them a bit thicker and then still file them into a shape LOL...

I get what you mean re the sides, and I will make sure they are still flush.

She will see the difference between flat lumps of acrylic and the beautifully shaped masterpieces that you will produce!! :D

Yep... :D

And just for the record, I don't know if I worded myself wrong in my initial post, but I didn't mean professional pride as in only wanna do a certain type of nails or anything like that.

I meant I take pride in my ability to solve problems comming along, instead of just filling people with rubbish (like there suppose to lift, oily nails etc. as I have heard almost every client say they were told) And that I hate when the nails she came with (as described in first post) is better than mine in any way (this case no breakages) when they were clearly not as beautiful, needed fills every week cause they lifted in a few days etc.

I am willing to do what it takes (well almost: duckfeet at my place is not an option, but noone asks, so easy to say LOL) and that's why I asked you guys! If it means more thickness, then I'll be doing beautiful thick nails:D

My problem was that I was actually trying to make them a bit thinner for more flexibility, but realize now, she needs strenght instead.

Thanks for all of your advice, very valuable to me:D (ps reason I mentioned the product she used to have, is because if somebody knew if it was one of those really really hard products... oh feel like I cannot explain myself right now)

Sorry about the long post:o

Latest posts

Back