Products that cause Bio to lift!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLAOH

jog jog jogging
Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks.

I have one lady who is a nightmare at the moment:lol: Bio is literally peeling off her nails (her words). It doesn't start at the cuticle but at the free edge. I have many ladies who have Bio overlays, and they never come back with lifting, so I don't think it is my application.

She has really dry skin. She does use Vaseline...would this cause lifting? If any of you have discovered a list of products that are 'no-no' when mixed with Bio, could you share.

Any help is appreciated.

I was told in my training that Avon products and Vaseline Intensive care make Bio lift.

I use bio, and in my full time job i have to wear latex gloves and find that this causes bio to lift.
Does she perhaps wear gloves to do the washing up as i think if the hands are getting hot (like mine in the latex) then it tends to peel from the free edge. I have tried to do them myself and had them done by others and always have the same problem, so its prob not your application.

Mosquito repellent.....the spray on the skin version, and then smooth in with your hands. Had a regular back from hols with no nails...she normally doesn't lose one.

I warned her about suntan lotion and she said she was very careful and always got hubby to apply it but the mosquito repellent just made her gel go all soft jelly like and fall/peel off!

I believe her too, as her nails have not been picked or have any pulls or white marks....in fact they are quite lovely and strong and we just did an NNO, as they'd grown suffficiently!

I was told in my training that Avon products and Vaseline Intensive care make Bio lift.

Mmmm, I was warned about Vaseline Intensive care in my training too, but I have to say I use it regularly and have never had a problem.

Vaseline will lift them, Vasoline is "Petroleum Jelly" (Petrol Jelly), mineral oil will do the same.

Windex is another one to avoid!

Thankyou guys and girls.:hug:

i have also found that nivea products really make bio lift!

Latest posts

Back