Professional Nails chat room - Love is in the air

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Hola all!

Well, I know we are all in the festive spirit, eating too many chocs and mince pies, but I'm looking ahead to my Feb issue and thought I'd get on the case with some comment from the Geeks.

As usual I'm looking for responses to the following little thought for the day and want to publish as many replies in Professional Nails as possible. So please include your full name and name of your business if you want to comment and then I can put it in the mag... credit where credit's due.

So, seeing as Feb is all lurrvely and Valentine's and all, I wondered:

What one thing do you love about this little ole world of nails?

Look forward to hearing from you all!

In the meantime, have a lovely Christmas and exceptionally merry New Year.

Take care

Kat
xxx
Deputy Ed
Professional Nails
xxx

I LOVE the job satisfaction I get when I turn a set of plain, unloved nails into beautiful, stunning enhancements!:Love:

I love the smug smile on my clients face when she sees the final results - I can just read her thinking 'damn they look good!'

I love being able to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. Those horrendous bitten nails can be beautiful.

I also love the way we all pull together as one to improve the industry as a whole.

I love the people of this industry - those women (and men) who have grit and determination to turn their lives upside down and 'do nails' - often dealing with their families making fun of their decisions... guess who's laughing now!! I salute all these brave and dedicated Nail Artists!

Samantha Sweet

Ok Sam

That's exactly what I wanted to say - I too love and respect the people in this industry!!!!!!!

This is the most fantastic industry that I've ever worked in! And that's because the people are so lovely.

Thanks for making my job so much fun and giving me daily pleasure!

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I lurvvvvv to do nail art by hand it really gets my creative side going and the clients are always wowed by how much detail you can get onto the nails. I like to do anything from a simple flower design to really wacky nail art, depending on what the client wants me to do. I just love to do nail art :Love:

Lucy
Harmony in Beauty
Horley
Surrey

I LOVEthe people I meet and making their nails look lovely for them.
I also LOVE the new products that keep popping up and of course my fellow geeks who brighten each day :Love:

:Love: I Love the Smiles :Love:
:Love: My smile when Ive done a great jobxx
:Love: My clients smile cause they know toooxx
:Love: My Distibuters cause Im purchasing morexx
:Love: Mine again cause I LOVE what I purchasedxx
:Love: The Juniors cause they advance & grow sooooo much under
our guidence.xxooxx. lol.
:Love: Mine again cause it ALL sunk in..... finally...xx
:Love: Theres cause they MADE ITxx
:Love: Last but not least the SMILES of the people that make this
ALL POSSIBLE FOR US.THANKYOU!

I Love doing Nail Art and Love being creative. And would Love even more to do the Nail Techincian Course to get further.....:D:D

i love the fact that other technicians and artists on the nail geek site are not bitchy and are always forthcoming with practical advice and willing to share new designs.

shelly

lace_thumb.jpg

shellys

I love being in a supermarket/shop and standing at the till waiting to pay with my hand resting on the side of the counter and someone behind says "what beautiful nails you have, where do you have them done ?" I DO THEM MYSELF, WOULD YOU LIKE MY CARD. I just love that, Its one of those "thats my daughter up there" moments at your kids school play.

What I love most about doing nails is getting a newbie in my chair. Whether it is new to nails or new to nail art. I love when they ask questions and I give them informative answers about the process. They look at me like, "you really know your stuff". Then when you get someone who have worn plain nails for the first 6 months of you servicing them and then you tell them, we will eventually put some color to those nails. Then one visit out of the blue, they try it and they are hooked. They smile at the results and can't stop looking at their hands while they are drying and walking out of the door. So I guess that my client's satisfaction is what I love the most about nails.

Chanda Jenkins
Nailz by Chanda
Hanau Germany
http://nailsbychanda.tripod.com

:D I love expressing my wonderful creativity, I love knowing things about the nail that the general public does not...I love this website and you know what else?? I LOVE the smell of acrylic products!! LOL ;)

I LOVE the feeling that iv finally found something im good at and the feeling that it gives me, its like that feeling you got when you were little and you'v been on holiday and you get home after a long time traveling! Nails make me feel comfortable, it accepts me for being me. After many job changes im finally home.:hug:

I love the way a client smiles when they look at a new set of nails.

I love the way people "oh" and "ah" at my nail designs

I love the way my Mum and Dad tell everyone they can that "My daughters great at nails why don't you get her to do your nails"

I love everyone on the nail Geek Site who have helped and inspired me.

I love being a Geek!

Jodie Queeley-Connor
Dazzling Digits
Birmingham
West Midlands.

I love the challenge that each client can bring.......
I love the edcuation side of things, thats what keeps me ahead in my profession........
I love the look of surprise on a clients face, when i have finished a great job and they walk out the door looking at their hands in amazement........ But I do worry someone might just get run over by a No 15 bus , because they are to busy looking at their hands .............
I love the support I get from my supplier, they rock........
I love all those people that have given me so much of their time, help and knowledge to get me to where I am today...........
I love all those Nail Geeks that have given me their trust and inspired me to be the best I can possibly be........

Oh well I guess what I am saying is........... I LOVE IT ALL, WHAT IS THERE NOT TO LOVE ????

I love the responce i get when i create some 3D nail art with my L&P. I have a client who says that she regularly gets stopped in supermarkets coz people want to see the latest designs she has.

i love how impressed people are when its not just pink and whites that can be done.

Basically I LOVE MY JOB, MY LIFE, MY NAILS.:wink2:

Latest posts

Back