Professional or Silly ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Nic~

Reaction score
Evening Geeks,

I havn't been on hear for a long while but I am determined to set up my own nail bar (eventually!!) I need to start mobile first and build my clients so I was wondering.........

Mobile Nail Technicians - do you wear a uniform and do you take along you own table, chairs etc? I have asked around and some people think its professional but some people just say that i look silly :eek:

x

Hi hun, I work from home mostly now but I still wear a uniform, when I worked mobile I wore a uniform and took my own table and chairs. But I found it always best to ask the client if I needed to bring them, hth...x

At the moment I cant afford the uniform I want so I wear a t-shirt bearing my logo. But I will wear a uniform It is professional and shows your serious and there to do a job not just popping round for a cuppa. :mad:)

Im mobile and also have a small salon at home, I ALWAYS wear uniform, make up and do my hair properly (tied back/pinned up).

It was always drummed into us at college and its something that I feel really strongly about. I now couldnt go without my Uniform, I think clients really notice this effort.

I take my own equipment, but if I need anything I always ask first if I can use theirs. I take extra towels in case I need to use, for instance a small side table for equipment. I also always make a point of putting the clients things back in the same place I found them.

People always notice the small things.

Karaxxx

I am mobile too and i always wear a uniform. xxx

I work from home but also do mobile but i always were my inform it looks more professional me thinks i have my own table and use my dinning tabel chairs when im at home and when i do visit somones house i always use my own table but make sure they have chairs:green:

Yes, just what I thought......

Thanks Guys

xx

I am different as I prefer to wear my own "made up" uniform of cream linen trousers, white shoes and a fitted t-shirt. I personally hate the look of tunics as I think they make people look like maids/some kind of staff and old fashioned even the modern styles (no offense to anyone who likes them). I wear a more casual but smart, clean outfit. Also I would feel uncomfortable wearing a tunic out and about. :hug:

Oh and also tunics make me hot and sweaty and unable to move freely!

I take everything I need to do the treatment with me so the client doesn't need to lift a finger.

I always wear my tunic uniform even when i go to my grandma's to do her manicure.

I work mobile and always wear a uniform, make up and tie hair up, even if I only have one appointment that day! x

Oh and just wanted to add not all my clients want their neighbours to know that they are having beauty treatments at home so no uniform is part of the subtle approach! :hug:

I am different as I prefer to wear my own "made up" uniform of cream linen trousers, white shoes and a fitted t-shirt. I personally hate the look of tunics as I think they make people look like maids/some kind of staff and old fashioned even the modern styles (no offense to anyone who likes them). I wear a more casual but smart, clean outfit. Also I would feel uncomfortable wearing a tunic out and about. :hug:

Oh and also tunics make me hot and sweaty and unable to move freely!

I take everything I need to do the treatment with me so the client doesn't need to lift a finger.
I agree with weezie here and have considered creating my own uniform. Nothing wrong with this as long as it is a professional and respectable look.

I am glad that some people wear 'their own' uniform as this is something I have been thinking of. I have a pair of linen trousers and was thinking of wearing a plain t shirt with it.

I do have a salon uniform in brown (yeuch) but this is for college and I wouldn't dream of wearing it to do clients as it looks awful and is pretty uncomfortable to wear to be honest. :)

Although I said I always wear uniform, its my own take on one.

I wear a black T-shirt material tunic with white embroidery around the neck line, plus black cropped "salon uniform" trousers and black dolly shoes. I also have the same in white but with black emboridery instead.

Karaxxx

I think you should always wear a uniform. I work from home & rarely do mobile now unless it's a group event. I take everything with me except for table and chairs. (I don't think they're expecting it to be honest.)

I have heard of another mobile only tech near me who has everything including table and chairs and some of her clients (who are now my clients now so it might be biased!) found they didn't have much room to add table and chairs, that it caused extra fuss and that they just found the table very wobbly especially!

Also, don't worry about looking silly in your uniform! I felt the same when I first wore mine, I felt like a stumpy gremlin! (Plus everyone I knew laughed themselves stupid when they first saw me.) But nobody cares now, & I now can wear it to local shops & town. People end up taking an interest & ask if your a therapist or tech!

i've just started doing mobile to build up a client base (& i hate it, i want my own nail room!),
i always wear my pink tunic with black trousers & black trainers, i put my picnic table in my car just in case i need it, as i have noticed some peoples kitchen tables are way too wide to be leaning over & i was getting a bad back!
i also do as said above, tie my hair up & put a bit of make-up on. x

Latest posts

Back