Professionals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read them tbh!
just thought if everyone said something maybe salon geek would make a sep section for extensions!
It takes up half the home page now and by the time I scroll down to something not to do with extensions I'm bored! Lol maybe we should all just agree to disagree on this one!
Some people obviously feel different from others about it 😏

That's the issue! When I first joined this message board it was mostly professionals discussing with other professionals... Now it is all Extensions posts, majority of which are "Why are my clients extensions falling out?" Answer: because human beings shed hair by nature. Extensions are attached to said locks that shed... Hence, extensions fall out. If they qualified in hair school before trying to take on an advanced technique, we wouldn't be bored to death browsing repetitive threads... I just want to get back to professional hairdresser talk. *big sigh*

I have nothing to do with hair. But I must agree with the OP. Put it this way, just because a general physician or a nurse has access to Botox doesnt mean they should be injecting it! We have properly trained facial doctors/surgeons and dermatologists that constantly battle this same kind of problem. We see every GP and their dog advertising that they offer Botox and soft fillers, not okay!! They did not study that part of medicine. I believe it can easily apply to any "personal service" wheter it is hair, skin or nails.

A separate forum for extensions has been asked about 300 time and they said no so like other say if you don't like the look of the post move down to the next it's not going to change I myself get fed up with extensions questions but don't moan about it xx

s... I just want to get back to professional hairdresser talk. *big sigh*

Well the easiest way to do that is start some thought provoking threads on the professional topics you do want to discuss.

Why not start a facebook page just for extensions and post a link on here!

Hair extensions are part of hair dressing why should ppl go to fb ect to discuss it if u don't like it go to another post I agree wiv some of these issues and am also offended by some

I meant for the people that are asking for an Extension forum, just for extensions. Someone said it had been asked for 300 times so I thought why not create your own, but as you cannot do it on here maybe facebook is the best next option!

Well I'm insulted that u think just hair extensions makes you a hairdresser! I trained for 2 yrs for my level 2 womens another 2yrs for my level 3 women's (haven't write my level 3 womens in my profile yet as my app won't let me) and a yr for my level 3 barbaring
It's like saying because you work in a beauty salon injecting Botox your a doctor!
I actually can't be bothered to read anymore of this thread because it annoying me now so I'm out! Or I will prob get banned for keep arguing!
Think some of us have made our point!
And someone has just started a pro thread about products I also like fun ones like this witch I have already commented on!
But we are missing a lot of proper pro talk atm on here for some reason!

Why not start a facebook page just for extensions and post a link on here!

Myself and another geeker are just in the process of setting up a Facebook page for Extensionists. Will hopefully be finished and set up this afternoon. X

Myself and another geeker are just in the process of setting up a Facebook page for Extensionists. Will hopefully be finished and set up this afternoon. X

This is what I meant, instead of people arguing, do something constructive and helpful.
Instead of giving my personal opinion about the subject I thought of a positive comment and so mentioned a facebook page idea but kind of got a 'why should we' reply!
Glad its being set up, that should help ease the arguments abit regarding this issue! (Fingers crossed) :o

Well the easiest way to do that is start some thought provoking threads on the professional topics you do want to discuss.

Here here

This is what I meant, instead of people arguing, do something constructive and helpful.
Instead of giving my personal opinion about the subject I thought of a positive comment and so mentioned a facebook page idea but kind of got a 'why should we' reply!
Glad its being set up, that should help ease the arguments abit regarding this issue! (Fingers crossed) :o

Hopefully. I made friends on here with another extensionist and we talk through Facebook a lot. We were discussing this thread and she suggested a FB page solely for trained extensionist so that we would have somewhere to talk and discuss without causing uproar or upsetting anyone. Once we've finished sorting it I will be posting the link on a couple of threads for people to go over there if they wish.

Neither side are ever going to agree on this subject so I've decided it's just easier to bow out of the Hair Forum and hopefully start something on Facebook that's just as useful as SG without the trouble that seems to arise from here. Hopefully this will make the vast majority happier. X

Lol I didn't say being a hair extensionist makes you a hairdresser I agree if ppl aren't trained for cutting extra they shouldn't be doing it I said hair ex are part of hair dressing though and shouldn't have to go to another app to discuss it

Hopefully. I made friends on here with another extensionist and we talk through Facebook a lot. We were discussing this thread and she suggested a FB page solely for trained extensionist so that we would have somewhere to talk and discuss without causing uproar or upsetting anyone. Once we've finished sorting it I will be posting the link on a couple of threads for people to go over there if they wish.

Neither side are ever going to agree on this subject so I've decided it's just easier to bow out of the Hair Forum and hopefully start something on Facebook that's just as useful as SG without the trouble that seems to arise from here. Hopefully this will make the vast majority happier. X

This is very sad to read and not what Samuel set Salongeek up for.

From reading the thread I think the issue is not hair extensionists per se, but people asking for professional advice to do what they are not trained in.

Also "consumers" coming on and asking what professional colours to get from the wholesalers to go and do their own hair.

We will always see this unless we hide the forum from everyone and then what is the point in that.

If all the trained extensionists go over to Facebook then what will happen to the Hair Forum as everyone has said, the majority of topics in here are from the extensionists. Will it all of a sudden be filled with other hair topics?

If this is the case then where are these topics going to come from?

Can we not all co-exist in harmony as do we not all have a common interest.

This is very sad to read and not what Samuel set Salongeek up for.

From reading the thread I think the issue is not hair extensionists per se, but people asking for professional advice to do what they are not trained in.

Also "consumers" coming on and asking what professional colours to get from the wholesalers to go and do their own hair.

We will always see this unless we hide the forum from everyone and then what is the point in that.

If all the trained extensionists go over to Facebook then what will happen to the Hair Forum as everyone has said, the majority of topics in here are from the extensionists. Will it all of a sudden be filled with other hair topics?

If this is the case then where are these topics going to come from?

Can we not all co-exist in harmony as do we not all have a common interest.

I totally agree with you, I would like nothing more. But it's awful at the receiving end of a tongue lashing as many people have been. I agree that people shouldn't b asking for advice on using professional products etc. but a huge amounts of the complaints are about Extensionists even being allowed to do it as we are not educated in hair as hair dressers are. I get it, I really do. But I just don't get the awful attitude that some have towards people like myself who've done a 1 day course. I realise people don't like it but its an industry problem, not the individuals who've paid out good money for a course believing what they are doing isn't a problem.

It's quite intimidating as someone new to it. I would never dream of asking for advice on colouring etc as I am not an educated hairdresser. But honestly some of the comments on threads can be so awful.

Harmony would be lovely! X

I totally agree with you, I would like nothing more. But it's awful at the receiving end of a tongue lashing as many people have been. I agree that people shouldn't b asking for advice on using professional products etc. but a huge amounts of the complaints are about Extensionists even being allowed to do it as we are not educated in hair as hair dressers are. I get it, I really do. But I just don't get the awful attitude that some have towards people like myself who've done a 1 day course. I realise people don't like it but its an industry problem, not the individuals who've paid out good money for a course believing what they are doing isn't a problem.

It's quite intimidating as someone new to it. I would never dream of asking for advice on colouring etc as I am not an educated hairdresser. But honestly some of the comments on threads can be so awful.

Harmony would be lovely! X

I think I have said this now 3 times on this thread - this is an industry issue and not a Salongeek issue. As long as there are accredited courses why should people who take these courses be made to feel like lepers.

When I first started out training in nail care - I hated the thought that you could do a one day nail enhancement course without first being a qualified manicurist.

This is a professional forum and it is important to be a professional, you also need to act as a professional and sometimes this is not happening. Professional is not only a qualification!

I think I have said this now 3 times on this thread - this is an industry issue and not a Salongeek issue. As long as there are accredited courses why should people who take these courses be made to feel like lepers.

When I first started out training in nail care - I hated the thought that you could do a one day nail enhancement course without first being a qualified manicurist.

This is a professional forum and it is important to be a professional, you also need to act as a professional and sometimes this is not happening. Professional is not only a qualification!

Totally agree! What an awful thread, believe it or not some extensionists are actually much better in their field than some hairdressers. I run my own hair extension business and am very successful. Doubt ill visit this forum again.

Lol I didn't say being a hair extensionist makes you a hairdresser I agree if ppl aren't trained for cutting extra they shouldn't be doing it I said hair ex are part of hair dressing though and shouldn't have to go to another app to discuss it

Exactly!! Every single time my extensions are put in they get trimmed and blended in by my hairstylist so that they look natural and a part of my hair. It would be awful to put them in and not blend them! And if you can see someone's extensions then I think it speaks for itself.

From 'pro hair extensionists' this is the kind of thing I'm dealing with...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back