Promoting the 'safety' of new technology dangerous?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum

Reaction score
I'm obviously referring to the announcement of the new Brisa Lite. I'm hearing rumbles that promoting the safety of this new system is dangerous as it suggests that all else is 'unsafe'.

Come on nail techs! Get a bit real here! Nail products are as safe as the person that applies them, removes them and the wearer who follows recommendations. BUT, there will always be a pay off. Even traditional polish needs solvents to remove it and that is drying for the natural nail; so is washing your hands!

Most coatings/enhancements involve some buffing. This is not going to improve the condition of the nail plate however light the touch. Educated and skillfull technicians can minimise any potential damage and know ways to counteract this (uneducated technicians butcher nails as etching the nail plate is required)

Of course we will promote the safety of systems on the nail because good technicians know that this is minimal. But that minimal damage still exists however often and loud we say it doesn't and how minimal is minimal damage to an nail plate that is not strong enough to take any?

The industry has had no option to make sure bonding is good and clients are not disappointed with performance.

Some manufacturers spend years and heavy spends on researching and developing products that make any damage less and less likely. It looks like CND have gone further and produced an enhancement system that requires no buffing. My guess is that this will work perfectly for the vast majority of clients but will not work for the unlucky few. It will also negate the situation of the heavy handed technician not knowing how light 'light buffing' actually means.

Dangerous to promote its safety? Of course not! It's technology moving on. Stop kidding yourself that there is no payoff for wearing nail products. There always is. With any luck, this new system has dropped the 'payoff' to an all time low.

Good on them! Can't wait to try it.

I think people fear change and immediately go on the defensive almost automatically if what they do is being held in question. Technology changes constantly and new developments like this should be embraced...

I couldn't agree with your post more.

I haven't heard anything but I'm not surprised. I also find that people who make these comments quite often haven't done their research properly or even tried the product before slating it. As mentioned, new products and technology should be embraced especially when it's a step in the right direction for the natural nail. I for one can't wait to see or try Brisa Lite xx

I'm hearing rumbles that promoting the safety of this new system is dangerous as it suggests that all else is 'unsafe'.

I agree with your post but I'm not surprised that there are rumbles when a link to (what I assume is) a CND educator posted yesterday stated "Discover the only removable gel that is safe" http://www.tngworldwide.com/content/cnd-secrets-brisa™-lite-0. It seems to me she implying exactly what you say i.e. that everything else is unsafe.

Clearly new technology should be embraced by all. A soft enhancement gel that is LED curable is what I am waiting for only because I don't use Shellac and don't I want to have to purchase another lamp. For those already using or thinking of using CND Shellac and Brisa I am sure this product will be a god send.

There is more than one 'safety' aspect to Brisa Lite :lol: for as well as no nail buffing and quick easy removal, there are also (as with Shellac), huge differences in the formulation of the product. Where as we know, gels contain many well known allergens and are highly reactive, CND gels as well as Shellac, do not contain those allergens and are therefore, much less likely to cause any kind of skin reaction. With allergies to gel on the increase, I think that is a huge safety PLUS.

I agree with your post but I'm not surprised that there are rumbles when a link to (what I assume is) a CND educator posted yesterday stated "Discover the only removable gel that is safe" CND Secrets of Brisa. It seems to me she implying exactly what you say i.e. that everything else is unsafe.

Clearly new technology should be embraced by all. A soft enhancement gel that is LED curable is what I am waiting for only because I don't use Shellac and don't I want to have to purchase another lamp. For those already using or thinking of using CND Shellac and Brisa I am sure this product will be a god send.

Just an FYI Juicy Lucy but that is not a CND educator that is a US CND distributor who has been selling CND products (and all other nail brands too) for over 30 years... Just followed the link as I would have asked any of our EA's to re word... FYI... We are not promoting ONLY... But the positives to the new Brisa Lite are very exciting... :idea:

Last edited:
I agree with your post but I'm not surprised that there are rumbles when a link to (what I assume is) a CND educator posted yesterday stated "Discover the only removable gel that is safe" CND Secrets of Brisa. It seems to me she implying exactly what you say i.e. that everything else is unsafe.

You are absolutely right. It is so annoying to read that type of marketing. It's like those that go on about polishes that have 'none of those toxic chemicals' etc. Negative marketing by suggestion

I'm pleased to read that S2 will not be promoting 'only' and will just focus on the benefits (but then I would expect nothing less from them :wink2:)

Latest posts

Back