Promotions advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell28

Reaction score
Hi guys ive been sitting here thinking about what offers to do throughout the year but have hit a :grr:

A want to do some kind of bridal promo this summer and just wondered if you guys would tell me what sort of offers you have/do for brides.

Thanks for your help x

You could try promoting in your local high school as the proms for the leaving years will be taking place soon I have done this for the last two years and get alot of business. I promote tanning, nails and lashes and just do deals in them for the children.:):)

yeah i usually do the same tan nails lashes and makeup same for brides although you could also include the full body exfoliation as part of your special for the bride that way you know the prep work is done. Drop your offers into hair salon,bridal shops,hotels,gyms,weight loss clubs,and of course high schools. hth:hug:

You could try promoting in your local high school as the proms for the leaving years will be taking place soon

Hi Caz, I'm just wondering how you go about promoting yourself to the prom/school leavers ..... my own children are in primary school and the school won't hear of dealing with any advertising (of any nature) so I'm wondering if you contact the pupils themselves and how! Thanks for any hints and tips in advance xx

Bit sneeky really but I actually work in a high school and know some of the kids in the year leaving and they dish out my adverts I have a friend in another high school who I have passed on adverts to and she has passed them on to the kids arranging the proms. The teachers and all know I do it in my school as some of them are clients of mine lol.

sneaky yes:smack: but a good way of cheap advertising fair play hun!:hug:

I only do nails so tanning and makeups not an option.

I just wondered do you offer a % off or do you do packages for set prices?

Why don't you go along wedding fayres aswell and hand out your cards/price lists?? x

I Shell28 y'know I wouldn't offer discount if your only doing Nails, your speciallising in them so dont drop prices hun, and some will come in saying their brides when their not
Call in & offer to do the ladys nails who owns the local Bridal shop Free of charge to show her your work I did and now she's a regular 'paying' client, it give me an hour of her time face to face with me on her 1st visit to see how nice i was :) she walked out with fab nails & now advertises them to all the brides with my salon flyers in her shop (obviously works both ways so I have her business cards in my reception) x

Why don't you go along wedding fayres aswell and hand out your cards/price lists?? x
Or flyer the cars outside like i did (oh the cheek i know)

Hi guys ive been sitting here thinking about what offers to do throughout the year but have hit a :grr:

A want to do some kind of bridal promo this summer and just wondered if you guys would tell me what sort of offers you have/do for brides.

Thanks for your help x

A sliding scale -
Bride pays full whack as she wants nails, gel toes, tan etc
Maid of Honor wants nails, toe paint, tan
Mother of Bride/Groom wants mani/pedi
Bridesmaid/Flower girls get french paint hands n feet

I dont discount unless I have a group - and its uauslly the tans that are reduced and gel toes. Its very important to keep your message strong - You want the best for your wedding and will pay whatever.
I currently am doing my literature for my new wedding brochures and am also thinking of what packages to do, so far this is what I found to work. If its big bucks then the Mother of Bride and Groom get free deluxe pedicures.

Hi Caz, I'm just wondering how you go about promoting yourself to the prom/school leavers ..... my own children are in primary school and the school won't hear of dealing with any advertising (of any nature) so I'm wondering if you contact the pupils themselves and how! Thanks for any hints and tips in advance xx

Could you somehow aproach the PTA ....link it in with some form of fund raising for the PTA (who are always looking for ways of raising funds which then go back into the school itself).

Maybe offer a spray tan for £x and the PTA gets £xx
Just a thought??????

Latest posts

Back