Protect the UV Lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulgirl

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a 36 watt uv lamp and the brand I work with sells some protection papers to put inside it.
I was wondering, what do you use to protect the inside of your uv lamps? And can I use something different than the papers they sell?
The reason why I'm asking this is because they are way too expensive for some small sheets of paper with a logo. And that is what I'm paying in the first place, brand image. :mad:
Thanks.

They are usually just posh printed "post-it" notes which you should be able to get cheaply from newsagents, I'm sure they must sell them in Portugal.

I was only thinking about this yesterday .... is there something that you can use to protect the inside of your lamp then? I have a portable uv lamp that has quite a few blobs of finishing gel in it and it looks so awful and I have a lovely new brisa lamp that I dont want to ruin .. what do you use?

Thanks for your help

If anyone can tell us how to get rid of cured gel in the light unit I will be the happiest geek!!!
I personally don't put anything on the "floor" of the lamp, just wipe it with sanitising solution after each client....

I guess I will have to buy the protection papers for the floor of the lamp.

My lamp is brand new and I don't want to ruin it.

JO:
In answer to your question, this is what I'm gonna get to my lamp. Hope it helps.
3154.jpg

Thank you all.

I'd never thought of putting protection in my lamp, for the simple reason that you're then covering up the reflector in the bottom! How does that work? My only idea for a solution is that you could put a sheet of tin foil in the bottom, that way you're covering the base from getting gel on it, but still getting the reflectiveness :D
I don't want to ruin my lamp either (especially as I'm looking at getting the Fitnails station!) but I don't see how putting a solid sheet of something over the reflectors can't negatively effect it... :confused: Confused now!
Lol x

and me :) so if anyone can help with this it would be great :)

Thanks x

Hi bimbogeri, what do you mean by reflectors??

The floor of the lamp is in plastic and doesn't have anything in it.
Maybe there is something about the lamp that I should know??:eek:

The floor of the lamp is in plastic and doesn't have anything in it.
Maybe there is something about the lamp that I should know??
I have 2 lamps ... one is a NSI portable lamp that I use for UV top gel ... this has just one bulb at the top and has reflective sides and bottom, a bit like tin foil - I think this is maybe like bimbogeri is referring - maybe it needs the 3 reflective sides as it only has 1 bulb? but mine is getting in a mess and looks unprofessional ... I am going to be using my brisa lamp and dont want to ruin it and this is why I was wondering if there is something that other techs do to protect their lamps please?
Thanks x

Hi Jo, I am going to put a card wraped in foil so that the "floor" of the lamp reflects the uv rays and also to protect the lamp. Mine is a professionails lamp and is brand new too. Just cut a piece of card the same size as the lamp's floor and wrap the foil paper in it. It looks professional, reflects the uv, protects the lamp and is cheap!!!
Better than this is impossible don't you think? :D

Good idea soulgirl :)
Mine is a 4 x 9watt lamp but it has the reflectors too, I guess to make sure it gives an ultra all-round cure, but I'm not sure what the Fitnails lamp will be like. I know it has 4 x 9watt bulbs again so I guess it may or may not have the reflectors...?
Will go with the tin foil idea!

wouldnt a mirror tile work, you could take it out and clean it between clients, and gel wouldnt stick to it coz its too shiny.

If and when the Brisa UV Lamp gets to a point where the reflector needs replacing, they are available for you to purchase.

When it comes to curing gel thoroughly, I dont think one should be playing around with mirrors and tin foil ... I'm not sure if either of these things has the right reflective qualitites.

I can only speak about what I do know which is the Brisa UV Lamp. With a little regular maintenance with a soft cloth and something like 'Clorispray' alcohol disinfectant, you should be able to keep your UV Lamp in tip top order.

If and when the Brisa UV Lamp gets to a point where the reflector needs replacing, they are available for you to purchase.
I didnt know that ... thanks geeg :)

Latest posts

Back