Protein world

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcouture

Reaction score
Has anyone used these products for weight loss? I bought the weight loss collection last year and started using it and I lost about 4lbs over 2 weeks. I then fell off the healthy wagon for a few months and started up again last week. I have 2 of the shakes a day and 1 meal, plus I'm taking the fat melters and multivitamins. Well over the past week I have lost nothing! And I've had a few dizzy spells and I don't remember this from last time. Has anyone else had any experiences with this?

Hiya

I managed to lose 6pounds in three weeks last summer and kept most of it off... However like yourself, I tried again and the weight just hasn't budged at all!! Its so strange as I saw such fast results first time around!

Thats exactly the same as me, i was literally losing weight by the day last time but nothing so far this time. I actually think I've been more disciplined this time as well. I still have about a tub and a half of slender blend left so I'm going to keep going but not sure if I will buy anymore multivitamins or fat melters when they run out.

Exactly the same as what happened to me. I don't know if maybe my body just lost all it could with protein world as like you say I was definitely more disciplined. I don't know. Keep sticking with it and let me know if anything changes. I've got half a tub of slender blend which I should probably use up but it's just the thought of doing it and no results because I'm not all that fond of the taste.

I've only been back on it a week so will keep going and see if anything is happening by next week. I live the slender blend but I don't just drink it with water, I make smoothies out of it. I normally hate smoothies but I have found a couple I like now, the banana and peanut butter recipe is amazing and I also like the creamy greens one. What flavour slender blend have you got?

*love not live lol

Protein doesn't make you lose weight, it's for repairing muscle. Exercise lots & eat well; only use protein if you want to build muscle or you will be wasting your money. Look into intermittent fasting

I started protein shakes to gain weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. I was gymming and running regularly, and I did put on a good 6-7lb in about 5-6 weeks. I messed it up when I was hospitalised with pancreatitis. If you want to use a protein shake to assist a healthy living regime then make sure you are training alongside. It will help you lose initially but then you will build muscle. Which will slow your weight loss down, but it won't be fat it's from muscle mass.

I started protein shakes to gain weight. Muscle weighs more than fat. I was gymming and running regularly, and I did put on a good 6-7lb in about 5-6 weeks. I messed it up when I was hospitalised with pancreatitis. If you want to use a protein shake to assist a healthy living regime then make sure you are training alongside. It will help you lose initially but then you will build muscle. Which will slow your weight loss down, but it won't be fat it's from muscle mass.

Not the old "muscle weighs more than fat" nonsense again :grr:

A pound is a pound!

The fibres that make up a muscle are obviously slimmer & leaner than the composition of fat cells. So therefore you can appear slimmer but still remain the same weight because you have got rid of fat but gained muscle mass in its place. I hope this dispels the myth of muscle weighing heavier than fat, like the previous poster has said 1lb is a1lb but muscle will take up less space!! Giving you a slimmer appearance x

Not the old "muscle weighs more than fat" nonsense again :grr:

A pound is a pound!

Im sorry, that's what I have always been taught. I didn't mean to cause offence 😕 it was a comfort to me because I have a very low body fat % n thought I could actually gain some weight (in muscle mass based on this principle) n stop being nagged by my nurse for having a low BMI, which means nowt to me but it seems to concern her. *shrug*

Im sorry, that's what I have always been taught. I didn't mean to cause offence �� it was a comfort to me because I have a very low body fat % n thought I could actually gain some weight (in muscle mass based on this principle) n stop being nagged by my nurse for having a low BMI, which means nowt to me but it seems to concern her. *shrug*

A pound of muscle still weighs a pound, just as a pound of fat will. You didn't offend me, it just frustrates me when people are brainwashed like that!

Basically, consuming extra protein isn't necessarily going to make anyone lose or gain weight. Only have a calorie deficit (through diet and or exercise) will cause weight loss and an excess of calories will cause weight gain.

I would recommend extra protein to anyone, as most people don't have enough in their diets. If you exercise regularly, the recommended daily amount is far too low. A protein shake is a supplement, not a replacement for a meal.

Muscle tissue is denser therefore taking up less space than fat. It doesnt weigh more than fat!

As for calorie deficit, to a degree yes, but its not quite as simple as calories in, calories out. Depends on what you are actually eating, (pro/fats/carbs)

Also, those god awful shake diets might work first time but you arent going yo live on them forever, you will go back to eating normally.

You should be eating 4-5 small meals which should all include protein and fats and depending on your goals, carbs. When i say carbs that could fibrous carbs(veg/fruit/esp your green veg) or complex such ad oats/quinoa/sweet potato. I would far rather have solid food than shakes, i only use a protein shake post training.

Spot on Andrea! Gov guidlines are utter nonsense! If you are eating enough ( i mean food not just protein) you will look and feel far better! Bear in mind if you are eating clean, those foods arent cal dense foods like junk food so you would need to be eating alot of it to put weight on, but what you do eat will fill you up more. Far better for FAT loss.

Just wanted to say that you are right. 4cm2 of fat will weigh less than 4cm2 of muscle. Obviously a pound is a pound but that's like saying a ton of feathers is the same as a ton of bricks which we all know it isn't.

Just wanted to say that you are right. 4cm2 of fat will weigh less than 4cm2 of muscle. Obviously a pound is a pound but that's like saying a ton of feathers is the same as a ton of bricks which we all know it isn't.

But she was talking about the WEIGHT of it. So, yes, a tonne of bricks is the same as a tonne of feathers in WEIGHT - both weight a tonne!

But she was talking about the WEIGHT of it. So, yes, a tonne of bricks is the same as a tonne of feathers in WEIGHT - both weight a tonne!

I was trying to say that muscle of the same mass of that of fat weighs more, I was lazy in my wording. I knew I wasn't wrong per sè. It got a bit passionate after that.

A pound is a pound indeed, consider this though, if a person is taking in protein and training they will build muscle and therefore weight gain (weight as in what the scales say) will slow, it will then maintain and if muscle mass building continues will increase. This was my point.

Either way, if diet shakes are what the OP likes then why not try slim fast or similar? Bound to have better results than a shake used to increase performance and promote endurance at the gym (like pre-workout shakes) and optimise muscle gains.

Thank god, as if I would pop in here n say oh a pound of fat weighs less than a pound of muscle! Considering a value was placed on those two things it wouldn't make sense.
A tonne of feathers is the same as a tonne of bricks, saying a tonne places a value on the objects. Feathers would just take up sh*t loads of space. Now a 25ltr bag of bricks would weigh more than that of feathers. Glad someone saw where I was coming from. 👍👍

Latest posts

Back