PRS PPL music licence. I had an interesting conversation today.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
We opened our second salon do not play music in it as I have not got round to sorting out the licences. Anyway, I called PRSPPL yesterday and had an interesting conversation.

I wanted to know how much my licences would be and was told that because I only intend to play relaxation music in the treatment room and no radio, if i intend to use royalty free music then I can buy it, post the inlays to them and they will let me know if i need a licence for it .

Apparently, lots of relaxation music falls into this category EVEN if it does not state it is royalty free.

I have bought a couple of cds today and am going to send them off. Ill let you know the outcome and I also though I would share this interesting pices of information with you.

tigi
xx

I bought some royalty free music CDs, I think they were £12 each then forwarded the track list to the PPL and PRS people, and now I dont have to have a licence.

where di you get your royalty free cds?

Thanks for sharing the link Lynne, I think I'll look into playing relaxation music in my studio xx

That is interesting. I have just been informed that I need one and signed up yesterday.

x

:wink2:thanks lynne, i have gone for the ichill range, cant wait to recieve it!

Just wanted to say thanks, as i contacted PRS today and because i only play unlicensed music I don't need a license - so thanks for the tip!

happy to help urban.

tigi
xx

Thanks for this helpful information, brilliant! we've had right nightmare this morning with PPL, we already hold a licence with PRS but are now being told we need one with PPL!! :Scared:

This post has really helped, thank-you!!

Latest posts

Back