prying them off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butaluna

Reaction score
is it ever okay to just kinda "pry" or click the nails off? i wanted my technician to take my nails off and i thought she would soak but i guess she was in a pinch so she just took her metal cutical thingy and lifted a little at a time and "clicked" the part that was lifted off (it hurt). whats going on lol

Uh no, nails should never be "clicked off" They should be soaked off with product remover! Prying them off can lead to nail damage because the parts that she pulled off took layers of your nail plate with it! :eek:

no its not recommended as when ive done this to my own it pull layers of the nail plate away with the product.
some techs do this for speed but ifact it makes things worse and sometimes causes lifting where the nail plate is thinner and the product doesnt adhere properly.
hths

thats what i thought. and another question! what about removing your nails a lot?

:eek: omg.im not suprised it hurt.i would never do that to myself let alone a client.its never ok to do that you can seriously damage your real nails by doing that.i would always soak off unless you had gel which you couldnt so then you would file it off NEVER PICK IT OFF.i hope your nails are ok.if you have some apply some cuticle oil to them as often as you can or maybe get a manicure if you're able to?i had that done to me once and i never went back again.i now do my own in some cases its safer:lol:

oh my gosh. OUCH!!!! you poor thing. never go back.:cry:

is it ever okay to just kinda "pry" or click the nails off? i wanted my technician to take my nails off and i thought she would soak but i guess she was in a pinch so she just took her metal cutical thingy and lifted a little at a time and "clicked" the part that was lifted off (it hurt). whats going on lol
NO NO NO !!!
Babe it is never ok to pry off nail enhancements.
Your whole nail plate could have seperated from your nail bed,
This could have caused permanent damage.Not to mention a whole load of pain !!!

I am not surprised it hurt hun , the whole point of the products we use is that they DO NOT just pop off your nail plate, so for a technician to force it off is silly and unprofessional,
I would advise that if you have any ,apply solar oil religiously, or buy some from a reputable supplier or Nail technician. (not online auction sites, as you rarely get what you think you are getting)

Please if anybody ever go's to do this to you again, stop them and leave!
the health of your natural nails is paramount hun.
This should not of happened to you xxx

yeah my nails seemed super weak and there were teeny lines on the surface that is like when your nails peel. what would cuticle oil do for me now? my nails are already damaged..

oh and i do have enhancements over them

never do that again!!! always and i do mean always soak your ehancements off. i did clicked my enhancements off one time and i nearly cried from the pain. since then i always have and always will soak.

*Faints* :eek:

oh my my my... was this tech even qualified? :rolleyes: A tech who knows what they are doing and who takes pride in their work will not remove your nails in such a mannor! no matter how 'pinched for time' they are.. u poor thing.. not much can be done now but look after them with solaroil.. and if they are too painful naked have some light cover enhancements put on to stop them hurting and give u some strength :cry: I wouldnt go back to the tech who maimed your nails thou!

Unfortunately, this is not something that is especially focused on in Beauty Schools here in the USA-

We are taught the basics of a pretty outdated technology, and encouraged to speed it up so we can make some fast cash.

Ain't it sad?

I yanked off a few in the beginning of my career, out of ignorance. ANd other things I don't care to re-live lol. Continued education is not a requirement in all states, nor is it really even encouraged to new techs.

I love the few and proud that are not only getting techs past their board exams successfully, but are helping them in the REAL nail world, offering the continued education themselves, or getting info for techs and letting them know how important it is! I know my career has only flourished from it.

Ok, ok enough from my soapbox lesson for today.

As you are in the us, pm me and I will find you another tech in your area that will PROTECT your natural nails, and not ruthlessly butcher them.

Oh, was that maybe too harsh? :rolleyes:
:green:

OMG!!!!!! NO NEVER REMOVE LIKE THAT!!!!. :eek:
I find it hard to believe the nail tech you went to is a professional. I haven't done many enhancements but always explain to my clients that removing a set takes quite a while and should not be rushed. DONT GO BACK. :Scared:
I have had clients who have gone to that well known place that seems to be in every town and they do remove them the way you describe. The result, really damaged nails, thin and very sore. I work with gel and after treating very carefully do a thin clear gel overlay and ask them to return after 2 weeks or sooner if needed. I do take quite a bit of length of, if there's any left, as it's usually so thin at the free edge its like tissue.
BTW I seem to only come across people using L & P. Do any of you use Gel? or am I alone?
Cheers Cath

Never, ever go back! You poor thing, this has made me so cross.:irked:

ouch!!! ALWAYS USE PRODUCT REMOVER!!

Then loads of oil afterwards xx

yeah my nails seemed super weak and there were teeny lines on the surface that is like when your nails peel. what would cuticle oil do for me now? my nails are already damaged .. oh and i do have enhancements over them

What cuticle oil can do for you now is to keep your own natural nails beneath the product flexible without becoming brittle. Using it will not help to repair the damage, but it will keep it from getting worse.

Yes, (before you ask) the oil goes through the product to nourish the natural nail.
No, (before you ask) using Oil does not make the product lift although your nails now being thin and damaged can be a cause for lifting. The stronger the nail plate, the better the enhancement material adheres.

Do not let any nail technician no matter how many years of experience she claims to have, prise off your nail enhancements. Technicians who do this are doing it to save THEIR time AT THE EXPENSE of the health of YOUR natural nails. Don't let anyone get away with it!!

I have actually witnessed a qualified nail technician and lecturer do this actual method while explaining" this is still kind and in will no shape or form harm the natural nail":eek::eek::eek:

I could not hold my tongue and went hell for leather at her,something which was very unprofessional i know but at the time,i was fuming.:mad:

Hence to say this lecturer is no longer practising.

I did not complete the nvq after this,and now looking at alternative courses.

thats the thing.. i can imagine that people are doing this because they think its ok.. and at the time i thought it was ok because it just felt like an alternative way to remove them.. and just looking back and reading about product removal i realise how serious it is and how i could have easily lost a nail

thats the thing.. i can imagine that people are doing this because they think its ok.. and at the time i thought it was ok because it just felt like an alternative way to remove them.. and just looking back and reading about product removal i realise how serious it is and how i could have easily lost a nail

Once you learn to do the job properly you won't get lifting...won't need to remove ..just re-balance.
If for any reason whatever you need to remove just soak off.
hth

Latest posts

Back