PTLLS - Micro Teaching -- What did you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Jenny~

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

I'm just getting stuck into my PTLLS course and was starting to think (*panic*!!) about what to do in my micro teaching session....

I have seen that a few of you did Indian Head Massage, I do not offer this treatment so would not be able to do this sooooo....

I was wondering what you all based your presentation round?

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome!

PS - I would just like to clarify that I am not asking for help to do any work towards my course, I would just like to bounce ideas around with fellow geeks who have also done the PTLLS course :wink2:

xx :hug: xx

How about mini manicure? Sanitise, file, maybe some cuticle work? You would be able to include steps, health and safety, tips, hygiene etc.

I was thinking about something like a mini manicure...thank you so much for you advice xx

I did my course last sept and did how to paint a finger nail something real simple! I didnt get nervous so that was the main thing. Someone else did nail art so do something u r happy with!!

I did mine on the layers of the skin and their appendages and functions! To show it can be fun to learn something that at first glance seems boring!

Oooh that sounds good, I'd like to do the session on something like the skin...thank you for posting xx

how about how to do a french smile line?

Oooh that sounds good, I'd like to do the session on something like the skin...thank you for posting xx

Just make sure to keep it relatively simple. I discussed the layers and handed out a picture of the layers and made cut outs of the appendages eg hair, sweat glands and got the class to place them in the layers, then made them take them off and replace them on their own to test their knowledge at the end.

My daughter did how to create a proper eyebrow shape;discussing the importance and how they framw your eyes etc
She used a power point presentation showing before and after brows. Where to start where to finish and where to put your arch she also discussed various ways of removal waxing tweezing etc.
She also gave out pictures of famous brows and the class guessed who they belonged to.
She got an excellent mark for it so it went down well.

I did mine 2 weeks ago - was the very first person in the class so it was over and done with quickly and now I can enjoy the rest of them!

I did the facial massage element of an Indian Head which went down a storm and was great because I made it practical, I demo'd then got them into pairs, demo'd with them following then switch over and same again. 20mins went so quickly!

Others so far have done nail art (painting a fruit), core beliefs, making a mango lassie (totally delicious!), cotards syndrome (v.v. interesting), making a rose out of icing, the sum of interior angles of polygons (eek!), collage and many more... the best ones have been the practical ones.

Fwiw, remember that you're not trying to teach a full session in 20mins, your just teaching 20mins worth of material... that'll help you keep to time (I'm assuming yours is 20mins but yknwim).

And have fun with it, don't stress, you're all in the same boat!

Thank you all so much for your replies...you have given me lots to think about!
I am getting so nervous, I think its the venturing into the unknown!!

xx

Latest posts

Back