Puffy Eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Please, Please can someone give me a cure for puffy eyes !!

I have never suffered from puffy eyes until i started working at salon back in November.

My eyes are now permantly puffy, with dark shadows & ive have now got loads of fine lines - which literally appeared overnight.

I am not sure if it is from getting up early on days im at the salon combined with the fact i can't sleep (thats another story) or changing eye creams.

I also sleep on my side/front & another therapist told me thats the quickest way to get wrinkles :eek:

Please, Please can someone give me a cure for puffy eyes !!

I have never suffered from puffy eyes until i started working at salon back in November.

My eyes are now permantly puffy, with dark shadows & ive have now got loads of fine lines - which literally appeared overnight.

I am not sure if it is from getting up early on days im at the salon combined with the fact i can't sleep (thats another story) or changing eye creams.

I also sleep on my side/front & another therapist told me thats the quickest way to get wrinkles :eek:

If that's the most comfortable way for you and how you get a good night's sleep, then I'd say carry on....after all a bad night's sleep is worse for your skin than some friction off a pillow! I always use a satin pillowcase, originally because it's better for your hair, but it's gentler on the skin as well.

Have you tried gentle repetitive tapping with your ring finger (weakest finger) under and around your eyes to encourage lymph drainage?

I drink Organic Green Tea with Aloe Vera and stick the cooled teabags on my eyes if I'm having a puffy day. Drinking the green tea first should also help!

I don't personally do this, but some like to try ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) which is a powerful antioxidant.

I'm guessing you are already drinking loads of water....?

Let us know how you get on :green:

It sounds as if you might be dehydrated really not that I'm an expert! Is the atmosphere in the salon very dry and centrally heated? It's supposed to help put moisture in the atmosphere if you place a bowl of water somewhere near you but I don't know how practical that would be!! And make sure you drink enough as has already been said.

Presuming you use a nice eye cream? I use one from Benefit which has outperformed anything I've tried before and I have tried quite a few.

HTH :)

Thanks guys,

Amy i will try the green tea & no i don't drink lots of water :o I will make an effort to drink more !

Blossom, Salon doesn't have central heating. Is the Benefit eye cream the de-puffing one ?

I might go back to using decleor eye serum, i only stopped as had dermalogica eye cream bought for me around the time i started at salon. Could it be the cream ?

Thanks guys,

Amy i will try the green tea & no i don't drink lots of water :o I will make an effort to drink more !

Blossom, Salon doesn't have central heating. Is the Benefit eye cream the de-puffing one ?

I might go back to using decleor eye serum, i only stopped as had dermalogica eye cream bought for me around the time i started at salon. Could it be the cream ?

Well - the dermalogica eye cream cant be doing you much good if the puffy eyes started around the same time.

I would definately go back to the old cream and see if anything changes.

I find drinking lots of water helps enormously... the only downside to this of course is that you always need the little girl's room!

Another important tip is to make sure you're getting enough sleep.

Thanks guys,

Crumbs, I've chucked the box out now. It might be. I remember the consultant saying it's definitely meant to help with dark circles.

(Just nosy now, you do have some heating don't you?!! :eek: )

The puffiness could be down to you applying too much of the eye cream,I have had problems myself if I have been a bit over generous.

I use Fibrogene intensive eye serum and Arovita Gel by Darphin for my eyes.Its incredibly light and easily absorbed.

Winters are always a battle for my skin,I have to be vigilant with my skin care or I wake up very dehydrated.

Turn your heating off in your bedroom,try drinking more water,hot with a slice of lemon(excellant de-tox and easier to drink if you dont like water on it's own.)

Turn your heating off in your bedroom....

Ooh I forgot to mention this! Yes....Babs and me are huge advocates of igloo bedrooms :green:

Thanks guys,

This may sound like a really silly question, but exactly where and how are you applying the eye cream? As has already been mentioned, you could be applying it to near to the eyes. This is something I learned over a year ago.

I thought eye creams were to be dabbed just around the eye but learned that they should only be placed around the socket line. The pores nearer to the eye are very small and fewer and therefore, to much product in the immediate eye area causes puffininess when absorbed.

I stand to correction on this but thought I would just mention this.

Ooh I forgot to mention this! Yes....Babs and me are hude advocates of igloo bedrooms :green:
Yes Amy,all for the sake of vanity eh!!!:lol:

This may sound like a really silly question, but exactly where and how are you applying the eye cream? As has already been mentioned, you could be applying it to near to the eyes. This is something I learned over a year ago.

I thought eye creams were to be dabbed just around the eye but learned that they should only be placed around the socket line. The pores nearer to the eye are very small and fewer and therefore, to much product in the immediate eye area causes puffininess when absorbed.

I stand to correction on this but thought I would just mention this.

No you're dead right hun!

I apply loads overnight and quite close to the eye, because I'm not bothered if I get a bit puffy in bed! The next morning when I re-apply, I do so more sparingly and with the tapping technique I mentioned above....it really does work!

Thanks for all your replies.

I don't think application is the problem although i am guilty of overindulging at night like amy !

Im going to go back to using the Decleor serum as i never had any problems at all with this, at this rate i will be having an eye lift at 30 :eek:

Going to put some cucumber slices on later ! Or is potato supposed to be better ?

Do let us know if your puffy eyes are any better!

ive had this problem for years.

ive just started using no7 eye lift its called..its make the puffy eyes a little better and ive been using it a week or two.

i was more bothered about the darkness under my eyes and its helped with that loads x

im no professional but theres my 2 cents worth xx hth xx:green:

i just had a thought, maybe it's your eye makeup remover thats making your eyes puffy, not your actaual eye cream. Just thinking of all possible causes!!

Can't add to what's already been said but get your new Active Light concealer from Jane Iredale beautiful stuff I couldn't get on with Touche Eclat no matter how hard I tried but this was a dream to apply.

It contains Buckwheat Wax to help with puffiness through the day so I would give it a go:hug:

Do let us know if your puffy eyes are any better!

Much better now ! I have been using my Decleor Eye Serum & ditched the Dermalogica Eye Cream, everything went back to normal soon after :)

Thanks for all your advice I have even been drinking lots of water & green tea !!!

Thanks for all your advice I have even been drinking lots of water & green tea !!!

That's my girl! :wink2:

You're a much better Green Tea convert than Becki....she just refuses point blank to drink it :lol:

That's my girl! :wink2:

You're a much better Green Tea convert than Becki....she just refuses point blank to drink it :lol:

LOL Its not exactly a pleasant taste, its ok but wouldn't drink it excessively thats for sure !!!

Latest posts

Back