Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do mine on my scalp dry before washing about a hour before to let it really seep in then I wash it out as normal your hair isn't greasy after at all then I distribute a little through the ends as you would your argan oil after hair is styled x

I do mine on my scalp dry before washing about a hour before to let it really seep in then I wash it out as normal your hair isn't greasy after at all then I distribute a little through the ends as you would your argan oil after hair is styled x

Sorry I massage mine*

Thanx ever so much.
Can't wait to go get some 😃😃

I'm going into town tomorrow and will def be looking out for some coconut oil, is holland and Barrett the best place to buy it? X

Do you not have any Asian hair and beauty Wholesalers near you baby chops! The one I'm using ATM is from one! The man who's shop it is says his Asian wife uses the same one her hair is down her back! well most Asian womens are lol this is what they all use! Iv not seen it in holland and battets same as a lot of people said holland and battets sold castor oil witch I also ended up getting in the Asian hair and beauty whole Salers! Has any geeks seen it in holland and battets? X

Hm , not sold on this stuff! When I was a teen, I used to buy this coconut hair stuff from the Body Shop, it came in a tin and made your hair greasy as hell. Since then, I can't stand anything with coconut in it, unless it's Rafaello! :biggrin:
It doesn't make it greasy as you wash it out I'd only do it like a treatment once twice a week doesn't smell of any thing at all and I use it like a serum on my ends after styling doesn't go greasy my hair just absorbs it x

As for how long to leave it on your hair, a study from a couple of years ago found that within one hour the hair can absorb about 15% of its weigh in coconut oil, if left for six hours it increases up to about 20%-25%.

If you hair is damaged then presumably it would absorb the oil at a faster rate.

Interesting Adamlea x

I'm so going to try this! I have used coconut oil as an anti fungal on a toenail before with amazing results so will definitely try this on hair. Thank you for sharing

Does it leave your hair feeling heavy the next day? I have a mayonnaise hair treatment but can't use it as it makes my hair flat and sticky the next day x

babychops - My hair feels nice & clean, looks shiney and feels super smooth when wasahed as your washing the oil out. If your worried & want to ensure your getting it all out you can wash, rinse & wash again with shampoo until your happy it's all gone then condition (I usually use 2 applications of shampoo and it's fine).

If you use it as a anti frizz treatment & you apply too much it can weigh it down a little & look greasy so less is more - but I feel this is true of any anti frizz products really (all the ones I've tried anyway lol).

Iv just bought some at holland and Barrett, buy one for £15 and get another one for 1p! Lol just gonna do my roots and then I'll use it x

Iv just bought some at holland and Barrett, buy one for £15 and get another one for 1p! Lol just gonna do my roots and then I'll use it x

So it is in there then and 2 for £15 happy days haha x

So it is in there then and 2 for £15 happy days haha x
Wowzers £15 (even for 2) that's pricey. Mine didn't cost me anywhere near that much.

It was only about £2.25 max of £2.50 for the 500ml KTC one I have from Tesco/Asda.

Iv just used some with my shampoo and can notice a difference already :) x

Think mine was £4.50 for a 500ml tub
How big are yours from holland and baretts baby chops?
Glad your are feeling the results looks like all your expensive treatment products you have been buying to sort your dry hair out will be going in the bin! Haha x

It's 16oz which is about 454ml, I don't mind the cost as I got another tub free so the two tubs will last a while, I buy so many products that don't really work and then come across this! Lol I'll stop buying products now lol x

I'd love to use it as I've always been aware and read the benefits but my problem is coconut smell and taste make me gag! I just can't stand it for some reason and I wouldn't have a weak stomach of overly fussy with food but my nose just refuses to like it! Such a pity

Lol I have the same problem!
If you buy the refined oil you don't get the smell, you can buy on amazon.x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long did you leave it in?

I didn't lol just put some with my shampoo and washed like normal, that's why I'm amazed! Lol x

Defo need to try this! X

I didn't lol just put some with my shampoo and washed like normal, that's why I'm amazed! Lol x

I was like this when I first starting using it then you just get used to the shine ect 6months down the line I'm seeing the growing side results everyone keeps saying how long it's got and so quick I haven't told them my secret! Haha for the shine side put it in with your shampoo but for more result I.e growth you are better off massaging it onto your scalp you will get maximum results this way then rib a little in your ends after styling for the shine and defrizz x

Latest posts

Back