Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score
thought I'd share some great facts with you geeks about using coconut oil I myself am a user! I used to use pure castor oil but I'm all about the coconut oil now! thought this would be a interesting read for you all! X
www.truehairgrowth.com/coconut-oil-for...
by Marina Piskunova
In this article I'm going to tell you why coconut oil can help your hair grow faster, explain how to apply it to hair, and give ...

I was also told by a doctor that it's the only thing to get rid of fungal nail.

I use it too, it has so many uses. Especially as a night cream. I love it.

I blather my hair in it, sleep in it, then wash it out the next day! Its amazing what it does to your hair and after I've done it I don't have to wash it for ages when you think it would make it greasy!!

I dont use pure coconut oil, but a coconut shampoo and conditioner and my hair grows like mad and I only wash it once a week!

I dont use pure coconut oil, but a coconut shampoo and conditioner and my hair grows like mad and I only wash it once a week!

Please correctly if I'm wrong but as hair growth starts from follicles under the scalp I am always skeptical about belief that oils and lotions and potions can make hair grow faster ??? Not opening a debate ! I'm just curious ! :lol:

Coconut oil does however make beautiful shiny hair !

Who knows, I am no scientist, but maybe like the link states, the coconut protects your hair and allows it to grow healthily and with less /no breakages. So maybe as the condition is better it grows longer and quicker.

Please correctly if I'm wrong but as hair growth starts from follicles under the scalp I am always skeptical about belief that oils and lotions and potions can make hair grow faster ??? Not opening a debate ! I'm just curious ! :lol:

Coconut oil does however make beautiful shiny hair !

Coconut oil has the ability to reach the Dermis where the hair follicles are situated. So Yes in a way coconut oil can have an effect on hair especially as it contains Vitamin E which is a great antioxidant, along with massaging it into the scalp to stimulate the blood!

Ooooh never thought of using it as a night cream!
I massage it into my brows! 😉 x

I love it too! I use it on myself and my baby and he has never had nappy rash..miracle oil. Holland and Barrett are doing a good deal on it in the penny sale just now Xx

are u talking about the coconut oils that u can buy from pretty much anywhere (Asda included lol) which are white in the bottle and u have to put it in warm water to melt it down?? x

Ooooh never thought of using it as a night cream!
I massage it into my brows! 😉 x

It's amazing, my skin is quite dry I slap some on before bed and my skin feels soo soft in the morning.

are u talking about the coconut oils that u can buy from pretty much anywhere (Asda included lol) which are white in the bottle and u have to put it in warm water to melt it down?? x

It's solid 'ish' at room temperature as soon as you touch it, it turns into an oil. It depends on the size of your supermarket and what kind of customer they cater for but yes can be found in most places :)

Yip love it, also use the food grade stuff for cooking. It good on healing tattoos, razor burn etc.

Swear by it, for hair, skin and cooking :)
Very underrated is the little ole humble coconut :) I love the stuff

I'd love to use it as I've always been aware and read the benefits but my problem is coconut smell and taste make me gag! I just can't stand it for some reason and I wouldn't have a weak stomach of overly fussy with food but my nose just refuses to like it! Such a pity

Where can I buy coconut oil ??

The first one I got was from my dad he brought it back from Thailand for me was a really lovely one was virgin pure I used to have to heat it a little in my hands with the hairdryer before applying it lasted ages
The one I have now is from a Asian hair Wholesalers
Iv never seen it whilst shopping and don't no if them ones will be any good but I will keep my eye out now and have a little read on the back if it contains the same as my others i might be buying my next one from asda! Haha x

Where can I buy coconut oil ??

I get mine from waitrose but been told the larger tesco stores sell it too, down the "foods around the world" aisle

Latest posts

Back